Author Topic: Best games you have been at, non-finals  (Read 2463 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Best games you have been at, non-finals
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Hardly any memorable games this year  :-\ but what home and away games had you jumping up and down with complete strangers hugging you at the final siren :D ?

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Best games you have been at, non-finals
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:48:17 PM »
when richo kicked 10 against the doggies in 04
when richo kicked 9 against essendon in 06
the comeback against hawthorn in 03 i think it was
the games where we beat collingwood :)
oh and richmond v carlton 2008 rd1, i enjoyed that
there's more but i cant remember

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »
Game up at the Gabba on a Saturday night against the Lions a few years back.

i remember hugging the richmond bloke next to me who looked like he was on parole. My mrs still laughs about it now.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 02:35:24 PM »
The Lions game in '08 at TD where we came from being behind and Bling ran the field and speared it to Bowden who kicked the winning goal. In fact the week before (?) when Joel stepped through for 4 points in a row to eat up time against Essendon was a heart stopper too.

Stripes

Offline Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
Not 100% sure of the year but I think it was 1988.

Richmond V Carlton in a Friday night game at a very wet MCG. They were on top of the ladder and we were on the bottom. They got off to a good start but we slowly worked our way back into the game and won it late in the last quarter. Pretty sure Wilson did a handstand or cartwheel after the siren.

Was regarded as the upset of the year and I loved every minute of it. I was only 13 at the time but it still sticks in my mind as a classic win.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »
Not 100% sure of the year but I think it was 1988.

Richmond V Carlton in a Friday night game at a very wet MCG. They were on top of the ladder and we were on the bottom. They got off to a good start but we slowly worked our way back into the game and won it late in the last quarter. Pretty sure Wilson did a handstand or cartwheel after the siren.

Was regarded as the upset of the year and I loved every minute of it. I was only 13 at the time but it still sticks in my mind as a classic win.

Chis Pym and Justin Pickering played I reckon

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »
No doubt the Carlton Richmond game at Princess Park, Truely magnificent in front of a packed house

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »
Living in Perth I dont get to go to many games.I have experienced many maulings at the hands of West Coast (especially in the 90s)

I was there when Richmond finally beat WCE at Subi in 2001...That was a great night and it was music to my ears when the Weagle supporters started abusing their own team.

I went to the last ever AFL game played at the WACA....Richmond had a comfortable victory over the Dockers which I enjoyed from a corporate box.

With great regret I missed our twin behind kickings of the local teams last year but thanks to the miricle of Foxtel IQ I have watched those games many times.

I would love to wittness a great Richmond victory in Victoria....My one and only visit to the MCG was round 1 this year.. OUCH
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 02:05:05 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »
Richo's 10 goals against the Dogs at the MCG. I was right behind the goals on the 3rd level about half way up as the 10th went through. The game wasn't the greatest spectacle, but I can say I was there and I can still remember the half full crowd in the half built stadium making the noise of about 100k.

Round 7 2005 Vs Carlton @ MCG - That absolute demolition job of the scum. 86 points to 9 at half time and went on to win by 85 points. Led by Mark Coughlan in one of the best individual midfield performances I've seen with 38 disposals and 7 tackles. He was still only 23 then, such a shame that injury ruined him.

Round 5 2003 Vs Hawthorn @ MCG - What a come back. I remember I was late to this game and arrived about 10mins into the 2nd quarter and we were getting absolutely pumped. I think it could have even been a 10 goal margin. Spida was dominating us until big Stafford put his elbow through his head and put him out for the game. We went on to kick something like 13 goals in a row after that and ran over the top of them.

Richo's 200th I think it was at Docklands against Port. Was right next to the cheer squad behind the goals as Richo took that screamer. You could see the hanger coming from miles away and it almost looked like it was in slow motion as he took it. We were shocking for the first quarter and a half and can't remember what changed but we smashed em after that.

I think it was the 2002 Round 1 win over Collingwood after our great 2001 season that had me pretty excited too. It all went t@s up from there so don't look back on it so fondly any more.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:35:34 AM »

My one and only visit to the MCG was round 1 this year.. OUCH

Finally, we have someone to blame.  Bloody ex-Bendigo expats.

Hang on, I'm one of them and I was there also.  Doh!   :-[

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 12:19:11 AM »
Round 7 2005 Vs Carlton @ MCG - That absolute demolition job of the scum. 86 points to 9 at half time and went on to win by 85 points.
I remember a Tiger supporter next me going nuts with each and every goal in a row we kicked (I think it was 13 goals before Carlton kicked one) and hugging me and everyone near him at half-time he was so happy :D.

The round 4 monday night game in '95 when we blitzed them in the first quarter and Daffy kicked 6.

The Hawthorn game in 2000 when we were trailing for most of the day but fought hard to stay close and then Andy Kellaway pushed forward to kick the winner from the boundary line.

The Collingwood game around 2001 I think from memory where we let the Pies get back to level after we had lead by around 4 or 5 goals at 3/4 time before Brodders was moved into the goalsquare and kicked the last couple to seal the win.

Going back in the past - kicked 10 goals in the last quarter against Essendon in 82 after an even first three quarters.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »
Here are my top 10 in no particular order.

1.Richo kicks 10 against the Dogs in 2004.
2.Dreamtime at the G 2006. What a game. JON the hero. :lol
3.Carlton at Optus Oval rd 22 1997 as we win by 2 points and deny them finals.
4.Dogs at the Dome. Grudge match rd 17 2001 win by 2 points.
5.Pies rd 4 2001 at the G. Give up a 32 point 3 quarter time lead and Brodders comes off the bench and kicks the 2 winning goals.
6. Adelaide at Footy Park in 1994. Tight and tough we get home by 7 points.
7. Rd 4 1995 Monday Night Footy. Daffy goes beserk kicks 6 and we thrash the Roos.
8. Beating Carlton rd 1 2008 when the Scum had the hype with the football mercenary playing his first game for them.
9.Hawthorn at the G in 200 when Andy Kellaway dribbles one through at the City end to get us home when Victory seemed unlikely in the 3rd quarter due to injuries and deficit.
10.Queens Birthday Monday 1994. Thrash the Pies by 11 goals and we restrict them to four goals for the match. The first of our 6 wins in a row that alerted the footy world to our rise up the ladder.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 09:09:11 PM »
Here are my top 10 in no particular order.

1.Richo kicks 10 against the Dogs in 2004.
2.Dreamtime at the G 2006. What a game. JON the hero. :lol
3.Carlton at Optus Oval rd 22 1997 as we win by 2 points and deny them finals.
4.Dogs at the Dome. Grudge match rd 17 2001 win by 2 points.
5.Pies rd 4 2001 at the G. Give up a 32 point 3 quarter time lead and Brodders comes off the bench and kicks the 2 winning goals.
6. Adelaide at Footy Park in 1994. Tight and tough we get home by 7 points.
7. Rd 4 1995 Monday Night Footy. Daffy goes beserk kicks 6 and we thrash the Roos.
8. Beating Carlton rd 1 2008 when the Scum had the hype with the football mercenary playing his first game for them.
9.Hawthorn at the G in 200 when Andy Kellaway dribbles one through at the City end to get us home when Victory seemed unlikely in the 3rd quarter due to injuries and deficit.
10.Queens Birthday Monday 1994. Thrash the Pies by 11 goals and we restrict them to four goals for the match. The first of our 6 wins in a row that alerted the footy world to our rise up the ladder.

No 3. The Carlton game at Optus Oval, the atmosphere was fantastic :thumbsup
A game I will never ever forget

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
Agree with many of those and the Carlton/Princess Park is probably my best ever.

Does anyone remember beating Collingwood on a Friday night at the G, cant remember the year but it was tight all night. Richo played on from outside the boundry line and was getting heaps, then he snapped the winning goal over his shoulder/around the corner he only just got boot to ball but it went through. I remember Ben "Scooter" Moore playing a cracker that night also.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
Agree with many of those and the Carlton/Princess Park is probably my best ever.

Does anyone remember beating Collingwood on a Friday night at the G, cant remember the year but it was tight all night. Richo played on from outside the boundry line and was getting heaps, then he snapped the winning goal over his shoulder/around the corner he only just got boot to ball but it went through. I remember Ben "Scooter" Moore playing a cracker that night also.

Good bloke "'scooter"" . Played his career out at Glenelg, he is a fireman these days. Still keeps in touch with Richo

I reckon scooter missed an easy shot in the last quarter on the run that night