Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132116 times)

the claw

Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »
We have put 100+ games and 6 odd years into tambling. Why trade him for pick 30 or Sherman? When chances are his best football will be in the future...

Would only trade him for top 10 / 15 pick.

Former pick #4 shown he can have more output thaN buddy. No point trading him under value.

I think we need to get as many top 20/40 picks we can this draft but thursfield, mcgaune, Polo,

Tambling, foley, rance etc. Should be keep unless the deal is very good.

a lot of ppl underestimate how valuable picks in the 20's and early 30's are. This is where a lot of gems are found - usually players who are genuine more than likely prospects but deemed to have less 'upside' whether it be lack of pace, athleticism or height, they are usually more footballers than athlete.
 In the last few years alone these players have been drafted  20-35: beams(29), hannebery(30), J.Roughead(31), Shiels(34), Astbury(35), Pears(23), Otten(27) as well as a fair few others who will go on and join these guys as very good footballers. I would take any one of those mentioned well before Tambling.
here well said some one who values nd picks.  the real interesting one is the number of talls taken in the second and third rnds that end up decent.

when you weigh up the pros and cons of r tambling there is a very strong case to be made for trading him for a top 30 pick. i think adelaides compensation pick for bock is about 25 id take it and run and live comfortably with what ever the outcomes are.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1036 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
From the RFC website....

Francis Jackson confirmed several clubs were interested in contracted midfielder Richard Tambling, with the Adelaide Crows among them.

"I've had a chat to them and the possibility [of a trade] and we'll see what comes and what eventuates at the end of the day," he said.

"There's plenty of to-ing and fro-ing at the moment, so obviously you need to strike that healthy balance before something eventuates."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103581/default.aspx

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1037 on: October 01, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
:lol @ people bagging players and telling all and sundry what duds they are, yet expect other clubs to give up top draft picks for them.

whats wrong with that?? Just because we dont rate the players as individuals doesnt mean we should not play hardball with those clubs.

Look at North a few years back paying over the odds for Thompson and Hay. Ill tell you one thing people involved with hawthorn were touching themselves after getting what they got.

We should not accept anything like a cheap tart even if they are duds as Tambling is.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1038 on: October 01, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »
Nothing wrong with reaching for the sky Daniel, just don't expect to touch it.

If push comes to shove you take what their worth. Clubs bending over at the trade table happens very rarely, besides  Richmond that is. :outtahere
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1039 on: October 01, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »

If push comes to shove you take what their worth. Clubs bending over at the trade table happens very rarely, besides  Richmond that is. :outtahere

sorry i dont agree with the take what their worth comment, cause if thats the case than any pick under 40 we should accept for Tambling.

If clubs are getting 9 for Brennan etc etc then we should be aiming for a first rounder, no more or no less. If not then no deal.

Clubs like Stkilda who possibly have 1 more year left will come for someone like Tambling and we should be asking for the best.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Crows talk to Richmond's Richard Tambling
« Reply #1040 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »
Knighst signed on of 2 years so can we trade for him? :rollin

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1041 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:56 PM »
tambling is probably worth a 20-30 pick, depending on what you can then get for that pick.
Ultimately either directly or indirectly the club will want to replace any players traded out with players around the 22/23 age bracket.

The issue will not so much be what pick we get, but in effect what player.

I suppose an early 20s pick could be a first rounder this year.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Crows offer their compo pick in exchange for Tambling (Australian)
« Reply #1042 on: October 02, 2010, 02:40:39 AM »
The much-maligned Tambling, who has played 108 games for the Tigers and is under contract for another two years, will decide by early next week whether to accept an offer to join Adelaide, which is in search of some additional midfield pace.

The Crows have offered to on-trade their compensation pick -- for losing Nathan Bock to the Gold Coast -- to the Tigers, who are warming to the trade deal.

Richmond supporters have never forgiven those in charge at Punt Road for recruiting Tambling with the overall fourth selection in the 2004 national draft, in front of Hawthorn's star forward Lance Franklin, who was the fifth pick.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/rebuilding-of-richmond-enters-next-phase-under-coach-damian-hardwick/story-e6frg7mf-1225933015173

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1043 on: October 02, 2010, 02:44:16 AM »
Still reckon we should get a pick under 15, but hey thats my opinion.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: October 02, 2010, 08:38:16 AM »
I would have normally been OK with any pick under 20 for RT, however considering if he does go I won't have to hear any more of the Repititive RT bashing threads I will take anything under 35

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1045 on: October 02, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
...... however considering if he does go I won't have to hear any more of the Repititive RT bashing threads I will take anything under 35

It's OK Chuck, looks like we are replacing him with some 'ready-mades' - Houli, Miller, Grigg - and remember we haven't got rid of Hislop or Thompson yet.  Plenty of fodder!!  And let's also not forget we still have the 'recruiter from hell' on board.  ::)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1046 on: October 02, 2010, 10:13:21 AM »
Yeah thanks for pointing that out Smokey.

I would hate for things to get boring around here

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1047 on: October 02, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »
god forbid we support our players
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1048 on: October 02, 2010, 11:37:07 AM »

sorry i dont agree with the take what their worth comment, cause if thats the case than any pick under 40 we should accept for Tambling.

If clubs are getting 9 for Brennan etc etc then we should be aiming for a first rounder, no more or no less. If not then no deal.

Clubs like Stkilda who possibly have 1 more year left will come for someone like Tambling and we should be asking for the best.

tambling for pick 40 in a average draft' that GC hve 9 of top 15 picks and already taken out a % of the talent?

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1049 on: October 02, 2010, 11:59:32 AM »

tambling for pick 40 in a average draft' that GC hve 9 of top 15 picks and already taken out a % of the talent?

The Club SAID they will not give him up unloess its with good Value