Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132700 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Richie Tambling
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2007, 04:36:30 PM »
Good signs tonight.

Been a tough year for him, especially with all of the comparisons with Buddy etc.

If he can build on tonight look out.

thought he's really increased his workrate in the past few weeks.....although he got towelled up by kerr in the 1st half..i mean...c'mon...there aren't too many guys in the afl who doesn't get towelled up by kerr....despite all that...i felt he really worked hard in the 1st half...chased, and ran into space to present....that's good signs....showed that he's really willing to work hard.....keep it up richie!!!!....the talent is certainly there.....another good pre-season to get his fitness base up and to put a bit more muscle on so he can break the tackles now....then it's all goood!!
Agree peggles. Getting dropped a few weeks back seems to be the tonic Blingers needed. He also doesn't seem concerned about his shoulder since coming back either. He's willing to throw himself in the bottom of contests and win the footy.

The one thing I still believe Blingers needs to work on is the defensive aspects of the game. Not only tackling (reading the hips) but just not overcommitting himself too early at centre bounces and getting hurt the other way by gun midfielders like Kerr. Kerr is so destructive because he stands defensive side of the contest and then times his runs perfectly that he's at full tilt when he hits loose ball and he's away and out into free space before his opponent can do anything about it. Blingers got lost out of position a couple of times under the bouncedowns while Kerr waited just that fraction longer to read the tap and then go. It'll come together for Tambo with more experience in the midfield. Sure he's no Franklin but they are completely different footballers playing completely different positions anyway.

without a doubt, hopefully it will come when he develops a bigger tank but too often he cruises behind play rather than bust his gut to chase someone, something Davey was superb at circa 06?

just a Q, is Kerr indigenous, popular thought is that he is but I read somewhere that he isn't  ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 07:03:45 PM »
just a Q, is Kerr indigenous, popular thought is that he is but I read somewhere that he isn't  ???
Apparently not according to this site. Wirrpanda the only indigenous player at the Eagles.

http://footy.lisaj.id.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=47
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 10:16:04 PM »
Apparently not according to this site. Wirrpanda the only indigenous player at the Eagles.

cheers MT  :cheers

didn't think he was

Ox

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:41 PM »

LMAO

Of course he's indigenous,it's just a matter of where from originally.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »

LMAO

Of course he's indigenous,it's just a matter of where from originally.

alright I will narrow it down for you then brackets

Q is kerr indigenous australian?
A Apparently not

;) :rollin

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2007, 07:00:09 AM »
kerr is not abo,

he is mauritius

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2007, 07:08:46 AM »
kerr is not abo,

he is mauritius

sorry blaisee but the term "abo" is very racist , not sure if u realise that

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2007, 07:11:08 AM »
Richie will be fine - got no doubt about it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2007, 03:35:31 PM »
when will terry and greg miller come out and admit to choosing the wrong player in the draft, tambling as good as he may become, will never be a match winner like franklin. the same goes for the bulldogs (griffen).how handy would franklin be next to richo and brown, the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: tambling v franklin
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2007, 03:44:30 PM »
again with the tambling vs franklin comparisons  ::)

why do you assume that franklin would be as good at richmond as he is at Hawthorn

from what I have seen of him he is not a good overhead marker, relies on pin-point passes and blasting off his opponent with his freakish speed.

neither of which he would get at richmond re delivery from the midfielder for the most part has been shoddy, and up forward we'd only target Richo

And FWIW at the time of the draft Blingers was rated higher than Franklin by many

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
when will terry and greg miller come out and admit to choosing the wrong player in the draft, tambling as good as he may become, will never be a match winner like franklin. the same goes for the bulldogs (griffen).how handy would franklin be next to richo and brown, the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

We're going to lose a frustrating inaccurate forward, why would we want someone who is a worse kick?

Franklin Schmanklin, the Hawks didn't outdraft anyone, they were lucky no-one else wanted him. There were 5 standouts and Buddy was the least rated of them. The Bulldogs tallest player is 5ft 3 and they overlooked him for a type of player they have plenty of. 
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:40 PM »

why do you assume that franklin would be as good at richmond as he is at Hawthorn

He's developing nicely in a Richo-free zone.

I too wonder if he'd have been developed as well at Richmond?

Wallace seems to have little idea about KPFs.
I think Buddy would have struggled at Richmond with our midfield and him and Richo competing for the football.

Alas we'll never really know.

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2007, 04:59:40 PM »
bluey you must be the typical richmond supporter,think of the present and not the future.think of what franklin will be like , his marking will only get better with size and experience,and nobody can match him for size and speed. he has kicked 3 goals or more 11 times,tambling hasnt touch the ball 11 times all year. so what if everyone rated tambling better at the time of the draft. its not at the draft or when they are 18 year olds that they win games for you, its when they develop, and i dont see tamblings body developing much more. he is listed at 74 kg. if we are talking deficiancies, his skills are below par, his never accountable, he refuses to chase when he doesnt have the ball. rather than leading up from the forward line and taking maks which he does very well. he should be giving us run like others his size ( foley and lids ).

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2007, 05:02:23 PM »
its simple magic play one up the ground, he would be getting the second best backman next to richo unlike now the best backman each week.

Bull

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »
Tambo has been good the last few weeks, i think he will do better next year after another solid pre-season.

He still may be the best player from the draft, time will tell.