Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132097 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling to be traded to Adelaide [merged]
« Reply #1140 on: October 06, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
I think it was prior to 09 season he saw a sports psychologist.
There was an article were he admitted the constant comparisons to franklin weighed heavily on his mind. He also said he once made the mistake of venturing into the internet jungle and was horrified what he read about himself.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #1141 on: October 06, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
if i were a guessing man, i would think RN is close to the mark. Why else would he make his client look like the fool that he looks by bringing up that Buddy stuff. Absolutely convinced it has come from RT

Well daniel I hate to rain on your parade and believe what you want but I can guarantee you it has not come from Tambling

Source = Chutney and on this I'd go with Chutney everytime  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1142 on: October 06, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
Its not him that needs a shrink, its the nutters attacking him and McMahon and whoever the next target is, they need a shrink.  It is waaay beyond constructive criticism, it becomes vitriolic, irrational hatred...for a bloke wearing our jumper and playing for our club with no regard at all to how he or his family feels about the rancid bile they pour on them.  stuffing crazy!  That is the very definition.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1143 on: October 06, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »
Hardwick comes from Hawthorn's recruiting system and they pretty much in his time there traded or delisted any player who hadn't cemented their spot in the best 22 by their 5th season at the Club. Richie has been at Richmond for 6 years and despite being a regular in the side he isn't what you would call a certainty or a consistent footballer. Being harsh he is an expendable player on our list. Only Jack, Lids, Cotch and Martin are untouchable. Sure Blingers could go to the Crows and do well but we were in a similar situation with Schulz in 2007 when Port offered pick 28 and we (well Greg Miller) said no. We held onto Schulz for two more years and just got more of same underperformance and then traded him on for less anyway. If Richie like Sarge does better at his new club and we do well out of the deal then it's a win-win and we move on. Up to Francis Jackson and the recruiters to find a good young footballer at pick 27-30 or whatever it will be that will improve us as a team.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1144 on: October 06, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
Hardwick comes from Hawthorn's recruiting system and they pretty much in his time there traded or delisted any player who hadn't cemented their spot in the best 22 by their 5th season at the Club. Richie has been at Richmond for 6 years and despite being a regular in the side he isn't what you would call a certainty or a consistent footballer. Being harsh he is an expendable player on our list. Only Jack, Lids, Cotch and Martin are untouchable. Sure Blingers could go to the Crows and do well but we were in a similar situation with Schulz in 2007 when Port offered pick 28 and we (well Greg Miller) said no. We held onto Schulz for two more years and just got more of same underperformance and then traded him on for less anyway. If Richie like Sarge does better at his new club and we do well out of the deal then it's a win-win and we move on. Up to Francis Jackson and the recruiters to find a good young footballer at pick 27-30 or whatever it will be that will improve us as a team.

Yep agree whole heartedly, RT may turn into a good footballer at another club but he wont at Richmond.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #1145 on: October 06, 2010, 05:52:25 PM »
I certainly wouldn't want Rodan back. Don't know why the Journo's are making him out as some sort of future brownlow contender cause he ain't all that.

Dead right.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1146 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:58 PM »
Its not him that needs a shrink, its the nutters attacking him and McMahon and whoever the next target is, they need a shrink.  It is waaay beyond constructive criticism, it becomes vitriolic, irrational hatred...for a bloke wearing our jumper and playing for our club with no regard at all to how he or his family feels about the rancid bile they pour on them.  effing crazy!  That is the very definition.

some people have nothing better to do mate, personally i prefer to fill my time with 4 day meth benders, lap dances and body slides
richie just needed a few more hugs
in my time in sydney i have only ever heard their supporters bag one of their own players on a regular and relentless basis and even then there were more people in that player's corner than those heaping poo
they play finals and win flags and turn other clubs refuse into usable parts, Richmond on the other hand.........
do the meth, i mean math

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tamblin traded to Adelaide for two picks [Official]
« Reply #1147 on: October 06, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
Trade done

Tambling gone for two picks - Adelaide compo pick and their 3rd rounder

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling traded to Adelaide for two picks (Official) [merged]
« Reply #1148 on: October 06, 2010, 06:25:12 PM »
Here's the link.....

Tambling moves to Adelaide
richmondfc.com.au
6:10 PM Wed 06 Oct, 2010

Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling will continue his AFL career at the Adelaide Crows after the Tigers agreed to a trade this afternoon.

The Tigers will receive two draft selections from the Crows in the deal - a compensation selection at the end of the first round, and a third round selection.

The exact number of the draft selections is yet to be determined.

The compensation selection, which Adelaide received when defender Nathan Bock signed with the Gold Coast Suns earlier this year, can be used in any draft up until, and including, 2014.

“Gaining a compensation selection will give us great flexibility in the 2010 draft, and in subsequent drafts,” Richmond General Manager of Football Craig Cameron said.

“We set out to improve our position in the 2010 draft, and we believe these selections will place us in a strong position to recruit and develop more young talent through the draft process.”

“Richard has been a fine servant of the Richmond Football Club for the last six seasons, and we wish him well for the remainder of his career.”

Tambling played 108 games kicked 61 goals for the Tigers after making his debut in 2005.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/103832/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1149 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
Not too bad to gain two picks although the 3rd rounder is more like a 4th rounder in a normal draft. Currently those picks would be 30 and 57 if all clubs use their compo picks.

I'm guessing the 3rd rounder wil be used to trade for one of either Grigg or Houli. I'd still rather use it on a kid. As clubs finalise their playing lists the late picks come in as not all clubs want/can use their late picks.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1150 on: October 06, 2010, 06:40:21 PM »
Not too bad to gain two picks although the 3rd rounder is more like a 4th rounder in a normal draft. Currently those picks would be 30 and 57 if all clubs use their compo picks.

I'm guessing the 3rd rounder wil be used to trade for one of either Grigg or Houli. I'd still rather use it on a kid. As clubs finalise their playing lists the late picks come in as not all clubs want/can use their late picks.

Agree. I'd rather we didn't waste it on Houli to be honest. Knowing FJ's recent strike rate with mid-range picks I'd rather we keep 'em.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1151 on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »
Agree. I'd rather we didn't waste it on Houli to be honest. Knowing FJ's recent strike rate with mid-range picks I'd rather we keep 'em.
Exactly. There's always diamonds in the rough late in all drafts. Club's that put their faith and resources into the draft usually succeed in the long run.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1152 on: October 06, 2010, 06:47:44 PM »
excellent result

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1153 on: October 06, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »
Can't complain about this - finally our club being proactive, taking a few risks and trading players whilst they are tradeable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Geelong says no to Tambling; Adelaide most keen (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1154 on: October 06, 2010, 07:00:08 PM »
"I thought it was terrible what he was put through last year, when he was booed at the MCG by the Richmond crowd because he was taken ahead of Franklin," Tambling's manager Ricky Nixon told the AFL's trade week radio program.
Moving to a new club is really going to stop Richmond supporters booing Tambling eh Ricky :stupid. He'll be booed more than ever now.