Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 131921 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling traded to Adelaide for two picks (Official) [merged]
« Reply #1185 on: October 07, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »
Yay I am so happy.

Reckon RT will do well at Crows but happy to get some draft picks as I reckon RFC and RT were never going to be a happening thing.

OK now that that is done who else can we trade for picks

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1186 on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:28 AM »
Agree with Chuck.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1187 on: October 07, 2010, 12:26:52 PM »
Ricky Nixon on SEN now admitted he sat down with Tambling in June/July and told him it'd be good for your career to move clubs given the "demons" Richie was dealing with. Most Richmond supporters are okay but there's a minority as we saw with Danny Frawley.

Tambling was on Trade Talk radio and didn't mention once the 'Buddy' issue Ricky has been going on about. In fact he didn't criticise Richmond at all and just said he needed a fresh start. He was happy to stay in Melbourne but when he went over and saw Adelaide's slower paced lifestyle he liked it. He'll play wing/HB at the Crows with spurts in the midfield.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1188 on: October 07, 2010, 01:15:40 PM »
Tambling excited by Adelaide move
By Adam McNicol
12:38 PM Thu 07 Oct, 2010

ADELAIDE recruit Richard Tambling says he is confident the move to South Australia will revitalise his career.

The former Richmond midfielder was traded to the Crows on Tuesday in exchange for two NAB AFL draft picks.

Speaking from Sri Lanka, where he is doing charity work with Adam Goodes and Brett Kirk, Tambling told afl.com.au's Trade Week Radio that he's delighted with the deal.

"A fresh start is what I thought I needed and I'm very excited about having the opportunity to start fresh again," he said.

Tambling played 108 games with the Tigers between 2005 and 2010, but he never escaped the comparisons to Hawthorn star Lance Franklin, who was taken one pick later than him in the '04 draft.

"Hopefully I can fulfil my potential and get out there for the Adelaide Football Club and show the world what I was drafted for," he added.

The 24-year-old admits he wasn't keen to leave Melbourne until he was flown to Adelaide for a meeting with Crows coach Neil Craig.

"Richmond was actually quite good with the whole situation," Tambling explained.

"They actually let me go to Adelaide and sit in with Neil Craig and have a few discussions.

"That turned the tables for me. The plans he placed in front of me fitted me in perfectly, so that turned my head that way."

Tambing has been used in a range of positions by the Tigers, and most recently enjoyed a stint in the half-back line.

However, he's hoping to spend more time in the midfield with the Crows.

"When I sat down with Neil Craig he had a few positions on the table where I could fit in," Tambling said.

"One of the positions was as an outside wingman. I’d like to get the opportunity to be an inside player as well, but to start off with I think that being an outside player at Adelaide, with the wider wings at AAMI Stadium, will probably suit me in more ways than one.

"When I was younger I always played in the centre, so that's my favourite position, although with the bigger bodies in the AFL I think it suits me to play on the wing or half-back.

"Bu I'd like to be given the opportunity to play in the middle at times, whether it's five minutes per quarter or so. That would be great."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103843/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1189 on: October 07, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
Adelaide Crows website has already been playing with photoshop

bushranger

« Reply #1190 on: October 07, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
He does look better this way.
I hate the crows.
But now I will have to feel a little sorry for them.
I bet he will be thinking he might be the next Mcloed.
But that will never happen.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1191 on: October 07, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »
What Pick is the first round pick going to be aroun?

20-30?

:gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1192 on: October 07, 2010, 07:05:05 PM »
He does look better this way.
I hate the crows.
But now I will have to feel a little sorry for them.
I bet he will be thinking he might be the next Mcloed.
But that will never happen.
Well the Adelaide official said, "We felt we can cover the loss of Bock but we felt we needed to add to our midfield to replace what we've lost. Those guys were champions so he (Tambling) will never be as good as them."

Welcome to the Crows Richie lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1193 on: October 07, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »

20-30?

Do you mean the end of first round compensation pick we gained from Adelaide, torch? If so it'll be around the pick 27-32 mark depending on how many clubs with compo picks themselves use them in this draft.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1194 on: October 07, 2010, 07:14:41 PM »
Have heard that Lleyton Hewitt still thinks he can be a champion

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1195 on: October 07, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »

20-30?

Do you mean the end of first round compensation pick we gained from Adelaide, torch? If so it'll be around the pick 27-32 mark depending on how many clubs with compo picks themselves use them in this draft.

Yep, that is what I meant.

Thank you MT, I actually thought one pick might not of been enough. Obviously because of the compremised draft, that later pick will or would of been in the late 20's because of the other clubs?

However ... we will use it, but should we? It is really like a 2nd Round Pick, so the 3rd Round Pick with the Tambling deal is great!

Only one pick would of been ... ohhhhh that late? Because speaking to a lot of Richmond supporters, they think it is between 15-25!

:)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #1196 on: October 07, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
"apparently"" they used to have a regular friday nite chat on the phone.

:lol :lol

Is that what the mentor said  :rollin :rollin

:whistle

Yes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1197 on: October 08, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »

20-30?

Thank you MT, I actually thought one pick might not of been enough. Obviously because of the compremised draft, that later pick will or would of been in the late 20's because of the other clubs?

However ... we will use it, but should we? It is really like a 2nd Round Pick, so the 3rd Round Pick with the Tambling deal is great!

Only one pick would of been ... ohhhhh that late? Because speaking to a lot of Richmond supporters, they think it is between 15-25!

If we hold onto the compo pick until 2012 then it will be a pick around 19-20 but using it this year puts it in the 29-36 range so the supporters are half-right.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1198 on: October 08, 2010, 01:43:58 AM »

20-30?

If we hold onto the compo pick until 2012 then it will be a pick around 19-20 but using it this year puts it in the 29-36 range so the supporters are half-right.

That is our problem now. Do we, or don't we?

Cameron did say "Better our position in the 2010 draft"?

Hopefully we trade it for a higher pick.

I think we will use it this year.

???

Offline Nugget_12

• Tiger Fanatic!
  • Future Richmond star
Fans are to blame for Tamblings performance - Horses mouth
« Reply #1199 on: October 26, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
Here's an interview that Bling did with 5AA.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/audio_crows-star-recruit-richard-tambling_100069

Look i think very highly of Blinga but i think its abit of a cop out to blame the fans for him underacheiving!

Bling never settled in 1 position because he never excelled in 1 position to warrant being kept there!

And to the bloke who interviewed him saying that Richmond fans dont deserve a side to follow i say "GO GET F****D" what a toss! tell him to sit through 30 years of crap performances then come back an comment!
Its called passion and frustration!

I honestly wish Richie the best of luck at the crows and ill be watching his progress closely because i think he could go either way, he could be a great solid player or he could just basically not have the chops to play good footy at AFL level!
Pain is Temporary, Pride Lasts Forever!................Keep ya heads up Tiges!