Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 131920 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Fans are to blame for Tamblings performance - Horses mouth
« Reply #1200 on: October 26, 2010, 06:36:56 PM »
1. At the game, I don't think it is right to boo your own players as long as they are wearing the Richmond jumper. The frustration is understandable, but it doesn't help and the support would do a lot.

BUT

2. As long as Tambling believes it is the fans fault, the Buddy factor or some other excuse he will never be a good AFL footballer. He struggled to get his hands on the footy for us, to me its clear at the end that he was lacking smarts and confidence and we moved him around to do him a favour, to try and fit him in the best 22, not to stall his development. The only way for him to become the on-baller he wants to be with his current ball-winning ability and footy smarts to is to become one of the fittest players in the AFL. I'm not sure he has the attitude to get himself in the right condition.

FNM

« Reply #1201 on: October 26, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »
To be honest, I thought it was a decent interview by Tambling, he just told it how it was, but didn't really get stuck into us. It was Graham Studley Cornes who was doing all the baiting. Bling just laughed it off.

Richmond supporters ARE feral. Being constantly compared to Buddy Franklin all the time would be enough to do your head in.

But I remember when he was drafted, his girlfriend at the time and now wife said that there were people back home that didn't want him to succeed.  Now, having that pressure on you might have had some influence as well.

I would be peeed if he became a star, but maybe a change of club is what he needs.  We weren't able to extract anything out of him, but maybe Adelaide can.  Who really cares? He's gone!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1202 on: October 26, 2010, 07:16:43 PM »
I got the impression he felt not being able to settle into one position was more of a factor. I dont think he actually said the fans were to blame, just the whole weight of expectations. It's funny to read online forums full of people who cannot even have someone disagree with them without seemingly taking it as some sort of personal slight, bag a footballer who finds constant criticism from fans as a hard cross to bear.

The 15 mile community that Richie said he grew up in is an absolute poo hole. I was told by a bloke who ran one of the CDEP programs that it was a place where many who were outcasts from their own communities ended up. Now i know why he was so keen to leave Darwin when he was first drafted. For anyone to claw their way out that mire is a remarkable achievement in itself.

On the comment by the host who about Richmond fans, he said some of the Richmond fans, and he is right, as he would be if he said it about any other club.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FNM

« Reply #1203 on: October 26, 2010, 07:20:21 PM »
If he was worried about fans, why would you go to a town like Adelaide to escape feral fans
The pressure is more on him now in that fishbowl  :help

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1204 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »
I wouldn't take too much notice of Graham Cornes and his anti-Richmond fans garbage. Most people in SA can't stand him either lol. At least we don't damage cars parked at the footy with interstate (Vic) number plates like they do over there ::)

As al said all clubs have their nuffers who bag their own. Cornes should look at his own club and remember this classic audio from 5AA after the Crows were knocked out of the finals a few years ago.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/audio/5aaclip.wav
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1205 on: October 26, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
I think Blinga's worst problem was that he thought too much! He obviously overanalysed his own performance and placed far too much pressure on himself as a result. Some of the best footballers are those who can barely string two words together because they don't have any fear of failure because they don't think that far ahead.

Bling seems like a terrific bloke to me who just struggled with the pressure of his selection in the draft and the directionless tactics of our previous coach. Hope he goes well at Adelaide and hope the fans give him a go.

Stripes

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1206 on: October 26, 2010, 08:32:43 PM »
Cornes should look at his own club and remember this classic audio from 5AA after the Crows were knocked out of the finals a few years ago.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/audio/5aaclip.wav

:lol classic stuff
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #1207 on: October 26, 2010, 08:43:17 PM »
I think Blinga's worst problem was that he thought too much! He obviously overanalysed his own performance and placed far too much pressure on himself as a result. Some of the best footballers are those who can barely string two words together because they don't have any fear of failure because they don't think that far ahead.

Bling seems like a terrific bloke to me who just struggled with the pressure of his selection in the draft and the directionless tactics of our previous coach. Hope he goes well at Adelaide and hope the fans give him a go.

Stripes

spot on... needed to learn to not think and just play on instinct. Was never personal, I just felt for the past 4 years he was never going to amount to much with us - someties there is simply too much baggage

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1208 on: October 26, 2010, 09:57:33 PM »

Stripes

One of the best ever posts.

Couldn't agree more.

So much football is relies on the muscle between the ears. I think Stripes is spot on, you can sometimes over think and over train and worry and psyche yourself out.

Interesting interview with Mike Hussey years ago that the key to success was relaxing. In his early career he was obsessed with facing 5,000 balls i the nets every single day. Under the law of the more you practice the better you would be. In doing so Hussey placed this expectation of being in form and setting his goals and expectations way to high and when he didn't score a century every week which was the expectations of working so hard he lost confidence and continued downwards.

Only later did he learn to relax enjoy training and not be obsessed with his performances and results did he become an international player at the highest level.

I can relate a lot of this to Bling. I'm a top draft pick I should be getting 30 possies a week, I should be kicking bags of goals etc.

Super post Stripes.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1209 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:03 PM »
Graham Cornes is an absolute no body.
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1210 on: October 26, 2010, 10:09:45 PM »
Expectations never diminish the performance of the elite. Judd, Ablett,Cuz and before them Voss, Buckley and Aker all rise to the challenge of performing on the big stage. Imagine Tambo in a final!
Having said that, he is one of very few ex-tiger players (maxfield and Lambert were 2 others) who I will take more than a passing interest in watching over the next few years.
Remember that 1st qtr vs the eagles last year at etihad? 14 touches in the 1st qtr and just had 'em on toast!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1211 on: October 26, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »
Ooh please Tambling was a pussy and the weakest player to wear the Yellow and Black in the last 20 years.

Cant believe some of you fools defended him on this site. We need people like Hodgy in our team. A guy who was bagged for being taken ahead of Judd but never spoke about it just put his head down and worked his a-rse off.

Tambling just wanted people to feel sorry for him so insetad of working hard at the problem he chose to run away.

Good riddons

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1212 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »
Ooh please Tambling was a pussy and the weakest player to wear the Yellow and Black in the last 20 years.

Cant believe some of you fools defended him on this site. We need people like Hodgy in our team. A guy who was bagged for being taken ahead of Judd but never spoke about it just put his head down and worked his a-rse off.

Tambling just wanted people to feel sorry for him so insetad of working hard at the problem he chose to run away.

Good riddons

So you are the chief "supporter" that Richie was referring to in his interview. Richie's family had to sit in the Richmond crowd and listen to fools like you bagging him and others week in and week out.

What a disgrace. Every player who dons the Yellow and Black tries his guts out for the team and the fans, even the girls in the office at Tigerland bust their guts to get the club to the level that we supporters desire. They all deserve our respect.

I would think that real supporters bust their guts to keep our club reputation sound as well.

Good riddance to you.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1213 on: October 27, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »
poo post daniel.  What the stuff is  'riddons' are you nine?
Lots of people name their swords......

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1214 on: October 27, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
DONT WORRY OWL

do as i do and dont read his posts

tambling is a damn good bloke and i dont blame him for leaving due to fans like danny

tigerfans can be th ebest in the land but some can be the worst even worse than pie skunk fans
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:28:26 PM by one-eyed »