Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 115869 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Fans are to blame for Tamblings performance - Horses mouth
« Reply #1215 on: October 27, 2010, 09:45:51 AM »
Nice guy Tambling, however mental issues aside, he's just not the same footballer at AFL level that he was when he dominated the juniors.
Some progress, some don't. Tambling will only ever be a foot soldier at Adelaide even if he can overcome his demons.
Just too many deficiencies as a player.

bushranger

« Reply #1216 on: October 27, 2010, 10:00:11 AM »
This sounds like the bad tradesman blaming his tools for the bad job.
He really has to get his haed out og his Ar**. And admit he just wasn't good enough.

I, for one are glad he has gone, and this give me more reason's to hate the Crows.
Hope both fail badly next year.

Con65

« Reply #1217 on: October 27, 2010, 02:16:45 PM »
I just listened to the whole of the interview with bling - what a quality bloke.

I will miss him running out in the yellow and black.

As he said, they never found a position for him at tigerland - sham.

to the nuff nuffs that still continue to bag Bling eg Daniel- i find that really poor form.

All the best Bling, just dont tear it up against the tiges.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1218 on: October 27, 2010, 03:23:41 PM »
This sounds like the bad tradesman blaming his tools for the bad job.
He really has to get his haed out og his Ar**. And admit he just wasn't good enough.

I, for one are glad he has gone, and this give me more reason's to hate the Crows.
Hope both fail badly next year.
Yep , I agree. Had a gutful of his crap excuses. Being played out of position , booed by supporters , injuries , poorly coached , Buddy comparisons etc blah blah
Harden the **** up Tambling ! Stop making excuses and take responsibility for playing 4 years of ordinary football.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1219 on: October 27, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »
We never found him a position because we played him everywhere and he couldn't perform consistently in any.

Maybe if he played more at Coburg like his form suggested he should he would have found a spot there.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1220 on: October 27, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »
If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen then get out. Can't keep blaming the fans. If he wins a Brownlow at the Crows are the fans his most resourced form of support? The feral SOuth Aussie fans can be even more unforgiving than their Vic counterparts. Memo first 6 rounds season 2010.

Good luck to him anyway. I agree with MM. He will just be a be a C grader for the most part.

Ramps

« Reply #1221 on: October 27, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
i just have one question-

What happened to that footballer who made his debut in nab cup game and burst his way clear of opponents to kick a goal from 50- delighting all of us! What happened to that Richard Tambling?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1222 on: October 27, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
poo post daniel.  What the eff is  'riddons' are you nine?

my post was spot on in fact one of my best

Truth hurts doesn't it boys. 

Dont worry though as X said all year "Dimma had a plan for Ritchie" Yes he certainly did and that was to send his sorry ar-se packing out of Punt Road.

Well done Dimma and well done RFC

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1223 on: October 27, 2010, 10:31:08 PM »
Leave out the namecalling ppl and stick to discussing the thread topic!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1224 on: October 27, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
poo post daniel.  What the eff is  'riddons' are you nine?

my post was spot on in fact one of my best

That doesn't really say much though, does it?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1225 on: November 01, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
Tambling ready to fulfil his potential
adelaidefc.com.au
By Jason Phelan
Mon 01 Nov, 2010

ADELAIDE recruit Richard Tambling is ready to kick start his stalled career after moving from Richmond to the Crows during this year's trade period.

Adelaide sent its compensation pick for losing Nathan Bock to Gold Coast and a third-round selection to the Tigers in return for Tambling's signature with the former No.4 pick at the 2004 NAB AFL Draft confident he can finally live up to his potential.

"A lot of things changed during my first few years at Richmond and I wasn't able to [do]... what I got drafted for," Tambling said on Monday. "I think by coming to Adelaide, that opportunity gets given back to me.

"In six years I still didn't have a position nailed down at Richmond. I was still floating through positions whether it was forward back or midfield and I don't think I got a lot out of my development.

"A lot of people tell me I have potential and I don't believe I've scraped the [surface], so I think a fresh start was needed.

"I was lucky enough that Adelaide provided that. I'm happy to be here and looking forward to it."

Tambling played 108 games at Punt Road and had signed a new deal to stay there, but came to the realisation that a new club and a new city was required for him to get the best out of himself.

The 24-year-old liked what he saw at Adelaide during a week-long assessment that left him confident he could leave a turbulent career in yellow and black behind him.

"I needed a new club with new ways of coaching and new ways of development, so I told Richmond that I wanted to leave and Adelaide seemed a fitting [place]," he said.

"All the talk about being a high draft pick and not reaching my potential - Melbourne is so on top of you and I found that very hard. I sought help for that and now with a fresh start I think I can move on and leave that behind. I can do the best that I can do and that's all I can give everyone out there.

"I was getting down on myself [early in my career] and it was impacting my family life. I had a young child by that stage and it was affecting me outside of my footy life and in return that affected my on-field performances as well because I was always doubting myself and doubting the way that I played.

"I believe all I can control now is the way I go about my footy and the way I play. I've just got to control the controllables; that's all I can do."

By severing ties with the Tigers and departing Melbourne, Tambling also hopes to finally put an end to the endless comparisons with Hawthorn star Lance Franklin who was taken by the Hawks with pick No.5 in the same draft.

"The first few years that did weigh heavily," Tambling said. "It was always Tambling versus Franklin. It did play heavily [on my mind] because the Richmond faithful were always ... one bad kick and they were on your back again and the whole world jumped back on there and it was difficult.

"I sought help for that and I didn't actually think it was bothering me at the start but as soon as I got talking to a psych it all came out and it actually was affecting me and my footy."

The Crows coveted Tambling's speed and decision making coming out of the back half in making a move for him and he sees himself helping to try and cover the losses of retired stars Simon Goodwin and Andrew McLeod who played those roles with distinction.

Tambling will need to wait at least a month before he can impress his new teammates on the track after undergoing groin release surgery and operations on both hips.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/104792/default.aspx

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #1226 on: November 01, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »
Get the feeling Tambo doesn't have much love for the old Tigers.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1227 on: November 01, 2010, 07:46:53 PM »
Get the feeling Tambo doesn't have much love for the old Tigers.

Yeah, well it's a two-way street. Good riddance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1228 on: November 01, 2010, 11:36:16 PM »
All clubs have a minority of fans who hang it on their own players from across the fence when the team is losing. Richie will definitely find that out in Adelaide. Read the Crows forums and some are already not happy about giving up a end of first round pick for him. Effectively they lost Bock + 3rd round pick for Tambling. Just because it's a smaller town doesn't mean their media aren't scathing when the Crows underperform. He's crossed from a city with 9 teams to one with just two teams. Remember Morton crossed the other way to get away from that two-team town mentality and microscope. Having said that it's a poor excuse to repeatedly blame supporters. The media kept up the Buddy vs Tambling stories one after another especially during 2007. For mine most Tiger supporters were very supportive of Richie after his 2009 season and with Buddy having by his standards an ordinary year. It looked like he was finally on the path to become a decent AFL footballer. From memory there was even a face-off thread on here giving Richie a tick for his 2009. Even this year Roughead would've copped more criticism for his shocker season from his own supporters and the Melbourne media than Richie did. It seems Ricky Nixon has convinced Richie it was all Richmond's fault. Oh well we move on with a young group who are committed to each other and the club and now have a spare top 20 pick up our sleeve to use in two years time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1229 on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
I think Tambo is making a mistake by talking up how this new move will unlock his potential and everything. It's great to hear him being positive and up beat about a new future at a new club. But if I was him I would just get down to business and start performing I know there is many excuses why he didnt live up to his expectations at richmond but end of the day for whatever club he needs to perform well at AFL level and Adelaide want to push for finals next year from sounds of it so he will want to really lift his game.