Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132675 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »
Awesome game from Richie, even better than the one against Freo.  :thumbsup
Agree bluey. It seems Blingers is starting to belief he belongs out there and his confidence is growing. He also seems to be enjoying the extra responsibility that comes from being a key player in our midfield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »
Must say before I was always afraid about how Richie was going to go in a game. Now I have growing confidence that Richie will perform on the day

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »
Am loving the way he is playing at the moment.
Looks set to become a very good mid. :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »
A chance for Blingers to further stick it up the doubters this week and make up for last year when he was dropped after the Hawks game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:06 PM »
The media focus would have been on Tambo tonight. 18 disposals (6k, 12h, 7 contested). How did we think he went? 

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »
i think he went exactly how he went against the pies.
6 kicks 12 handballs. he was out of touch tonight. his tackles never stuck and i can think of at least 3 examples where his loose play resulted in hawks goals but thats okay he will learn.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2008, 11:35:59 PM »
Tambling was far from out of touch tonight.

Once again he looks like a player, throwing himself in to get the hard ball and dish it out.

I dont why people think he can do it cleanly every time, it's one of the toughest things and it's going to stuff up sometimes, that's all part and parcel of being an in and under rover.

I'm impressed, the kid is growing in stature and getting recognised more and more every week.

On ya Bling.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2008, 11:39:42 PM »
i said he will learn didn't i?
i am not upset with his game just his tackles didn't stick tonight and i feel he couldv'e done better on a few occasions.

he is growing i agree.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2008, 11:52:36 PM »
I would blame the conditioning a staff a bit for that, he doesnt have guns or the core strength yet like Deledio to stick tackles.  You can see the application of it is correct but he doesnt have the core to throw them down.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »
Started slowly but his third quarter was a delight to watch. Got himself in the right areas and he finally is starting to look like he believes he can be a success at this level. His last 3 weeks have been great.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »
I would blame the conditioning a staff a bit for that, he doesnt have guns or the core strength yet like Deledio to stick tackles.  You can see the application of it is correct but he doesnt have the core to throw them down.

suppose...although he's certainly improving in his strength.....we gotta remember that deledio was always bigger bodied than tambling.....he'll be alright...everyone builds up muscle in different speeds..

i actually think deledio MAY have built up a bit too much over this past summer...hasnt' really displayed that electrifying speed we know he possesses...doesn't often run away from the defender...shouldn't worry tho...getting some conditioning into him over the season and the next pre-season should do the trick in taking that extra bit of weight off....his future is definitely in the midfield..

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:54 AM »
Tambling was far from out of touch tonight.

Once again he looks like a player, throwing himself in to get the hard ball and dish it out.

I dont why people think he can do it cleanly every time, it's one of the toughest things and it's going to eff up sometimes, that's all part and parcel of being an in and under rover.

I'm impressed, the kid is growing in stature and getting recognised more and more every week.

On ya Bling.  :thumbsup

agree tigersalive...i think tambling played a pretty solid game today....won his own share of ball esp in the 3rd when we had a surge....also..i dont' think mitchell had that much of an influence today (compared to usual anyway...certainly didn't dominate)....i remember seeing bling on him most of the time when he was on the ground....certainly curtailed mitchell's influence a fair bit...well done bling...

i had no idea who was playing on sewell..but...he didnt' seem to have that great of a game either....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »

suppose...although he's certainly improving in his strength.....we gotta remember that deledio was always bigger bodied than tambling.....he'll be alright...everyone builds up muscle in different speeds..
Blingers also had a injury interrupted first year compared to Lids playing every game and winning the NAB rising star award.

i actually think deledio MAY have built up a bit too much over this past summer...hasnt' really displayed that electrifying speed we know he possesses...doesn't often run away from the defender...shouldn't worry tho...getting some conditioning into him over the season and the next pre-season should do the trick in taking that extra bit of weight off....his future is definitely in the midfield..
I think they've learnt the hard way that they need lids to spend more time in the midfield so he doesn't need that extra size. So they'll probably will take that extra bit of weight off.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
The thing that impressed me most was how he bounced back in the 2nd half. The Richard Tambling of previous seasons would have been a ghost in the 2nd half if he had a quiet start. Not only did he work himself into the game he gave us a heap of momentum and actually a chance of coming back in the 3rd qtr.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #254 on: May 04, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
Blingers is coming along nicely now. Not a standout performance by no means but he's showing some consistency now. Some crucial courageous inside efforts diving on the ball to hold it up when it looked like the Saints would clear, and he had 5 clearances himself.