Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132671 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2008, 01:28:54 PM »
Thought he showed a bit of courage this year, runs when others cant or wont.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 09:13:55 PM by camboon »

richmondrules

« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
...right now he still handballs too early when in traffic for my liking...perhaps he still believes he's not physically strong enough to shrug them off.....with time...he should be fine..

He's was caught a few times doing that early on. Don't think his confidence is great ATM. Think he found the extra pace of AFL a bit hard to handle to begin with and was being caught when he didn't expect to be caught.

He'll work it out no doubt.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
...right now he still handballs too early when in traffic for my liking...perhaps he still believes he's not physically strong enough to shrug them off.....with time...he should be fine..

He's was caught a few times doing that early on. Don't think his confidence is great ATM. Think he found the extra pace of AFL a bit hard to handle to begin with and was being caught when he didn't expect to be caught.

He'll work it out no doubt.
Agree RROFO and peggles. I too think Blingers is down on confidence atm (failed to keep his feet a couple of times on the weekend). So hopefully that top last quarter recharges his self-belief to take the game on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »
How did we rate Blingers game today - 19 disposals, 5 marks, 7 tackles, 3 clearances, 4 clangers and a goal?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
How did we rate Blingers game today - 19 disposals, 5 marks, 7 tackles, 3 clearances, 4 clangers and a goal?

goolagongs

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
He was okay but for mine he looked a little timid at times when coming out of the backline. Looked for backwards or sideways options instead of taking the opposition on and pushing forward. Looks like he still needs to improve his confidence and decision making but the clock is ticking........

jackstar

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2008, 09:03:47 PM »
Didnt like the way he ducked his head when he "" attempted"" to mark a kick in , in the last quarter. Even though he followed up with a tackle, he should have marked it i the first place, trade him I say :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2008, 11:06:30 PM »
Didnt like the way he ducked his head when he "" attempted"" to mark a kick in , in the last quarter. Even though he followed up with a tackle, he should have marked it i the first place, trade him I say :thumbsup

I liked his game today but then doesn't say much cause he has a horrible year this year...

But jack u mentioned he ducked his head when he attempted to mark. I noticed axel did the same thing..

Middle of the ground instead of going for the grab he pulled out and never committed. Very soft play and im sure it was a one off because he is a little gem that bloke.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2008, 11:27:18 PM »

I liked his game today but then doesn't say much cause he has a horrible year this year...

But jack u mentioned he ducked his head when he attempted to mark. I noticed axel did the same thing..

Middle of the ground instead of going for the grab he pulled out and never committed. Very soft play and im sure it was a one off because he is a little gem that bloke.
And his name is not Tambling so we will let that one go through to the keeper?  ::)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:04 AM »
I agree he's been average in recent weeks, but he actually started out the year pretty well. He was playing an inside midfield role and was doing pretty well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2008, 04:07:32 AM »
I thought Blingers wasn't bad yesterday. A couple of silly mistakes (he wasn't alone there) but a number of good things too. It was his best game in 10 weeks IMO by far. At least he continually involved himself in the game. His confidence is still down IMO but the signs from him were better. Liked his inside work at the stoppages. If he had nailed both those shots on the run it would've been a huge boost to his confidence. Agree with tiga that Tambo looks much better when he takes the opposition on as he did going for those goals on the run rather than being too unselfish and dishing off little sideways passes to teammates unnecessarily.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling on SEN
« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »
Blingers was on SEN @ 11.30am

* Michael Voss awarded him the Bravia for best on ground on Ch 10 last night

* Coach told him to take them on.

* KB said it was shades of Michael Mitchell when he ran down the ground bouncing the ball. Tambo said he was buggered by the time he got to the square.

* The pass to Joel is just what you do. He was 5m behind Joel when he kicked the winning goal so was the first to hug him. Joel told him it wasn't long left so we clogged up the backline

* Tambo said he has always been good overhead but he's small at AFL level. Getting better and the more he backs himself the better.

* Don't mind being defensive on a man then being more attacking. Happy to be just on the field. Hopes to get into the midfield soon.

* Didn't hear much about Miller until after the game. A bit of shock and we'll just see what happens. Still don't know much about it.

* Biggest influences was Krak early on. Everyone good blokes at the club now.

* KB said his leadership skills are so well respected down at the club he could end up captain one day and even run the whole club.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #282 on: July 27, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Blingers will be haunted forever because 85% of Richmond supporters will judge him on expectations and because of the Franklin selection.

On yesterday's game alone, I thought he was really good after 1/4 time and would have slipped him into 1 vote - but then again I was getting into the game passionately and probably my votes mean f**k all bc I have no idea when Im busy running up and down the aisles high fiving the crowd  :lol :lol

One thing I did learn about Blingers on Wed at the Cocktail party, hes just a kid. He still has a lot of maturing and developing to do - you see Lids who was a bit more of a man, and thats not a bad thing - I just think eveyrone is different and comes along at different rates. This kid has a child and has no support here apart from the club and relocated from the sticks....this all plays a role.

Anyway, hopefully he keeps improving and we see more drive like last night's 2nd half.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: July 27, 2008, 01:38:25 PM »
For anyone who wants to trade Richie and our 1st round pick to West Coast for Kerr have a look at last nights game and imagine in 3 yrs time how good he will be. 
Must not and cannot happen. 
PS  Now that we have moved up the ladder and out of the early draft picks just wondering who we should look at around pick 8-10?  I personally wouldnt mind Tom Rockliff (small goal kicking forward).

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: July 27, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »
For anyone who wants to trade Richie and our 1st round pick to West Coast for Kerr have a look at last nights game and imagine in 3 yrs time how good he will be. 
Must not and cannot happen. 
PS  Now that we have moved up the ladder and out of the early draft picks just wondering who we should look at around pick 8-10?  I personally wouldnt mind Tom Rockliff (small goal kicking forward).

I am one of those who want him traded.
He was great last night and actually the last 2 weeks, i feel has been 2 of his best games for our club.

i want to see more of it..Interesting to note in all his 70 odd games last night was the third time he has had over 20 possessions.

Im pretty sure thats what i heard SEN say after the game.

The only way to silence people like me is to perform like that. He was in the votes no doubt about it, and it was great to see
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.