Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132663 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #315 on: September 02, 2008, 04:25:09 PM »
He looked good on a HBF and has actually become a bit more versatile, he's getting better at grabbing the ball first go and is fast becoming pretty trusty in a tight spot. He is marking the ball out the front of his eyes as well as ever too. People have been quite rightly critical of him not getting enough of the ball, he is finding it more often now and his usage gets better all the time.

He's always been a strong overhead mark for his size.

bushranger

Richard Tambling
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
Here we have a player that I think comes under the banner you like him or you don't and also still making uo your minds.
I have not been a fan of his for a while and if this is wrong or right I'm really unsure.
Though reading comments being made about him lately what I have thought of him is sort of coming true.
And there seems to be a few of us who just are not fans of him.
Some have said he would not even get a game at some club in the senior side.
It is only Terry keeping him there to justify why he is still at our club.
I think that he has had the time to show his worth and I think that he is not worth the worry like many here think to.
And I think his best football is waiting for Essendon where he really wants to be.
I have said this a couple of times as this is what he said when drafted to us. That the Bombers were his prefered club.
Time is now for him to prove us all wrong and perform on the main stage or go to the Bomber's.
But will he get picked up if he was placed on the draft list at the end of this year ?
Being honest I wont miss him if we lose him but I think he will play better at another team.  :whistle

Moi

Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2009, 09:31:32 AM »
Been prepared to give him time, but time's up this year to get more consistency in his game.
Not a great fan but would luv to see him do well.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #318 on: March 02, 2009, 09:38:18 AM »
It's not about the Franklin comparison anymore. Franklin is better than most players picked higher, lower, wherever, in any draft.

This is about pulling his finger out and trying to be the best footballer he can.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #319 on: March 02, 2009, 10:10:43 AM »
here come the doubters.

said it from day one, he is our next JON.

Has performed in a few games, one being against the eagles and thats about it.

Your right its not about the Franklin comparison its about the RFC football drafting duds like these 2 above and playing them in our senior side when they deserve it.

Rance should have played last year, he deserved it performing for Coburg week in week out meanwhile this pretender does what he wants and occupies a spot in the seniors.

He is not even worthy of a top 50 pick let alone a top 10.

stuff off to the bombers i say or we run the risk of him being worth nothing like JON and Fiora
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #320 on: March 02, 2009, 11:14:49 AM »

how did u know on day one ?
( i presume ur talking about draft day)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #321 on: March 02, 2009, 11:28:14 AM »

how did u know on day one ?
( i presume ur talking about draft day)

Figure fo speech, not day one at all.

In fact i saw him play against the pies and thought this kid can play but i was wrong.

He is not a fit for our football club. Finally some of you are starting to see that now.

Compare him to Lids, Foley etc etc. They will be part of our next flag i hope. Tambling occupies a spot which i hope is given to Rance and brings us down in many ways.

2 games this year has not changed my mind.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #322 on: March 02, 2009, 11:32:01 AM »
Fiora was worth Simmonds.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #323 on: March 02, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »
He had problems with shin splints for most of last season. Richie also had to have a pre game injection for his groin for the last 6 games last year.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #324 on: March 02, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
Fiora was worth Simmonds.

no doubt

but regarding Richie if its true about his shin splints this that then why the hell was he playing our team.

we should NOT be playing him or anyone if they have injuries so therefore i do not use this as an excuse.

If your on the field and are selected then there are no excuses

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: March 02, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
This is a make or break year for Bling. I think he will play more out of the middle this year possible on the wing where he has try and break the lines which there will be plenty of with all this zoning, guarding space trend. Blinger has no injuries and more size this year so, with some extra confidence, he may well find a more permanent place in the centre.

Bling gets a lot of criticism because he is tackled or backs out of marking contests but people only see half the picture. He is one of the few players we have who will take on an approaching tackler and often win while other players will turn around and kick back to get out of trouble. With a zone going backwards does nothing but allow the opposition to re[position themselves. We need players taking on the zone to get it into our F50 and Bling is one of the few players who can do this on our list.

People say they no longer compare him to Franklin which may be true but it has coloured peoples expectations and judgement from the start about him. If Franklin wasn't around people would have a different perception of Bling because he is not the worst player in the team, far from it, and he still has alot to offer if the coaches can finally give him a set position.

I agree that this year is important to his future because spots are getting tougher to keep. He is no defender though and was not recruited as one. Put him on the HFF or wing and give him a year to prove himself because I after that I have run out of excuses for him.

Make or break year unquestionably

Stripes

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
I have been pro Richie as I see a lot of good things in him with his ability to play football, his speed and skill level are very high IMO.  At the very least I want him to succeed because I think he can be a very good to excellent player and if it is not with us then I am sure some other club will benefit.

However it can only go on for so long and I would say this year has to be the year he steps up.  On the plus side since he has started his stats have always been on the up.

Interesting to hear what Beren said about Richie as I didnt know that and I though last year was a pretty good one for him.

bushranger

« Reply #327 on: March 02, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »
I will say here that I have never been the biggest and best fan of him. And I was and still are waiting for him to show us what he really is all about.
I have never worried about the Franklin thing with him. I have judged him as one of our team. And I think he has continuely come up short.
Yer he has played a few good games in his time. But I just don't think he has put it all on the line for us. And this is what I think really does come down to the fact that he wanted to be a Bomber.
Those days have gone, and I thought that once he got resigned (which I thought was too early) that he would turn the page and make his mark for us. And I am sadly still waiting for that consistant play where he is mentioned game after game.
Richard has fallen short of the mark for me and I don't like to say it as I wanted him to be good and all we have got in return is average. And this just doesn't cut it, So as you all have said this year he has to pull his finger out and prove us wrong and that he is worth having.
If he proves me wrong I will be happy, as I think he is a good fella, but as a footballer for us I see him as a loss.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
From day one Wallace was making excuses about him. Indigenous players take longer to develop and blah blah blah. He has flashes of brilliance but they are few and far between hence he kicked four goals against Eagles in a qurter and his next noteworthy deed may be 10 weeks later.

He makes an effort but it is clear in my opinion on effort alone he is deficient and at best in a good side he is a passenger. In 4 years has not turned a game for us nor has saved a game for us he merely is a contributor. If he was a pick 54 and not a pick 4 we all would not be having this conversation. However it seems us trying to perservere with him and make him something he is not due to his draft selection ( an elite footballer) is a futile one. I get the feeling if Richie has another similar season to the last few with no much improvement whether Wallace is here or not he will be trade bait especially for someone like the Gold Coast which I am for as I would rather lose a flanker like Tambling as opposed to a KPP like McGuane who is from there.

It is not about the Franklin comparison either its passed that. Hawthorn have won a flag and Buddy has kicked a ton lets all get over it both Tiges and Hawks fans. Time to accept the last 4 or 5 years and move on both player and club. Wallace won't achieve anything by perservering with him if his form is not up to scratch. He has already given him a pre season pep up the rest is up to Richie if he does have the capacity to significantly improve. I feel he hasn't and I really doubt he will but I am more than happy to be proved wrong by him for the greater good of the RFC.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »
The guy has improved every year so far, so how about you wait until the season is at least underway before getting the knives out.