Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132656 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
said it from day one, he is our next JON.

Seeing Tambling was drafted before JON shouldn't it be the other way around :lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:07 PM »
The guy has improved every year so far, so how about you wait until the season is at least underway before getting the knives out.

Absolutely, whats brought all the negative assessments, couldn't have been the other night because he played well especially in the first half but made a couple of mistakes.
I was there and would suggest he played a lot better than most of the side. Really like the leads and marks plus the way he took them on.

Get over the Franklin thing because draft day doesn't come with a rewind button.

Couldn't,t have been the game against Freo as he had alot of bench time because he played in the indigenous match against Adelaide.

I believe we lost the other night mainly because Collingwoods fitness level and match preparation was ahead of ours.

Richard Tambling might not be the super star you all wanted him to be but he improves each year, is still young enough to improve and worth a game.

I would be keen to see who people would suggest we should replace him with based on form and not potential!

Guess Tambling going to be the new scape goat whipping boy to replace Tiv. Eat em alive

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:49:18 AM by camboon »

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »
Will carry the burden of the Buddy comparison for the rest of his career.  Any young player who shows tangible and significant improvement every season will be given (and fully deserves) time to let that improvement mature.  Tambling has shown that improvement in spades and he can still get much better.  Get off his back - he is easily in our best 22.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »
Will carry the burden of the Buddy comparison for the rest of his career.  Any young player who shows tangible and significant improvement every season will be given (and fully deserves) time to let that improvement mature.  Tambling has shown that improvement in spades and he can still get much better.  Get off his back - he is easily in our best 22.

Yeah okay everyone is entitled to their opinion and u have said yours but hear this.

Tambling is not in our best 22. He has done nothing in any of his 90 odd games except against the eagles.

He compares himself to Buddy so no need for any of us to do it for him. I see too much of JON in him every time he touches the ball.

Ive seen enough of his frail type before to know a dud status awaits our Richard and a new club hopefully by round 22.

You only have to listen to SEN, Talk back callers, respected commentators in the indutry to know every one thinks the same about him.

He simply has not got the skill and confidence to be a successful player

Rance will replace him on our half back line and Windy Hill will await Ritchie come season's end.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »
First of all I would like to say that Richie is only 22 years of age and has been improving every year.Most people agree that footballers are in their prime at age 24-27 so Richard has time on his side.
Now to refresh your memories on Richies 2008.
Tambling averaged 17.5 disposals per game.He had the 11th most number of kicks (at Richmond).6th most number of handballs.8th most number of total disposals.5th most contested possessions and 3rd most number of tackles.(just behind Tuck & Foley)
Richard had a season high 27 possessions against Brisbane in round 17,  his worst was against Geelong -12 touches (round 7)

I know Richard is no WORLD BEATER at the moment but to suggest he is NOT in our best 22 is LUDICROUS.

Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2009, 02:52:00 PM »
Richie's preseason preparation would be behind the others also. He didn't start full training until after Christmas due to that groin injury. I'll judge him come round 22; not what he does in Feb/March.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »

He compares himself to Buddy so no need for any of us to do it for him. I

You only have to listen to SEN, Talk back callers, respected commentators in the indutry to know every one thinks the same about him.

He compares himself to Buddy????? Oh for heaven's sake, that's the best unfounded assertion I've read in ages. :lol :lol :lol

SEN? SEN? Respected commentators? That's a doozy.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling played after no sleep
« Reply #337 on: April 13, 2009, 07:28:15 PM »
Wallace said there were extenuating circumstances behind Tambling's poor performance on Monday.

"I will say in his defence that it has been a pretty big 72 hours for him because he had the birth of his daughter two evenings ago and he got no sleep the day before the game."

"But I heard the reaction of the crowd (to Tambling) and he has got to live with that."

"He is one player we rely on and he didn't live up to his side of the bargain today and where that leaves him from a selection point of view we will see as the week rolls on."

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-can-feel-the-heat-68486

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2009, 07:39:06 PM »
Poor excuse and lets save the player from further mental disintegration.

You cross the white line guess what you're ready to play.
You put your hand up at selection guess what you're ready to play.
Coach picks you to play guess what you're ready to play.

I can only hope his life outside footy is all okay or will be okay but this just smacks of sympathy and it is a slur on either the player or the coaching staff or both for that matter for allowing him to play if he is indeed suffering duress. Perhaps the Bulldogs could have played one man short on the ground today to accomodate for Richie.

Its crap like that and excuses like that, that have plagued this club since the 80's and have stunted any development. We are not hard enough as a footy department nor club. If the final decision was Tambling's I can only hope the club make him accountable and drop him for next week as that was nowhere near acceptable.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:55:18 PM by Tuckerbag »

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #339 on: April 13, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
One of a few players who would benefit from a fresh start and a clean slate. There's a 200 game footballer in there somewhere but its not coming out under the current system.

Jackstar is back

Re: Tambling played after no sleep
« Reply #340 on: April 13, 2009, 07:50:56 PM »
Wallace said there were extenuating circumstances behind Tambling's poor performance on Monday.

"I will say in his defence that it has been a pretty big 72 hours for him because he had the birth of his daughter two evenings ago and he got no sleep the day before the game."

"But I heard the reaction of the crowd (to Tambling) and he has got to live with that."

"He is one player we rely on and he didn't live up to his side of the bargain today and where that leaves him from a selection point of view we will see as the week rolls on."

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-can-feel-the-heat-68486

CRAP EXCUSE.
One of his few kicks when he squared it up was not of an AFL player, he is a disgrace

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling played after no sleep
« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »

"http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-can-feel-the-heat-68486
Then maybe he shouldn't have played.

Ramps

« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
Send him to WA - I dont care if its WCE or Freo - We can still get something for Tambling if trade him at years end.

Offline GOOHUC

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #343 on: April 13, 2009, 10:10:39 PM »
Funny how so many on here praised Bling's AUTOMATIC selection after his little hammy...I've said it time and time again - this guy needs to EARN HIS SPOT, not get these freeby selections week in, week out...I got caned on here in the team for round 3 thread for questioning his selection but obviously me, along with many other logical richmond supporters realise this guy ain't a starting 22 player until he proves he is, nothing more, nothing less...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #344 on: April 13, 2009, 10:13:38 PM »
Yeah he really looked out of his league today I think that he could be anything but I don't ever think he will be anything. Please let me be wrong. Wors't game I have ever seen him play actually, very bad to watch.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"