Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132652 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling played after no sleep
« Reply #345 on: April 13, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »
Wallace said there were extenuating circumstances behind Tambling's poor performance on Monday.

"I will say in his defence that it has been a pretty big 72 hours for him because he had the birth of his daughter two evenings ago and he got no sleep the day before the game."

"http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-can-feel-the-heat-68486
Then maybe he shouldn't have played.

Hammer. Nail. Head.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #346 on: April 13, 2009, 10:19:46 PM »
I take it all back then but if that is the case why the stuff did he play???????????????????????????????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #347 on: April 14, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »
One of a few players who would benefit from a fresh start and a clean slate. There's a 200 game footballer in there somewhere but its not coming out under the current system.

Send him to WA - I dont care if its WCE or Freo - We can still get something for Tambling if trade him at years end.

Unfortunately I think you are both right.

Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Online julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #348 on: April 14, 2009, 07:48:38 AM »
Do you think the pressures of having a family at a fairly young age is affecting his football career?

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: April 14, 2009, 08:07:55 AM »
Do you think the pressures of having a family at a fairly young age is affecting his football career?

good question, it may be affecting him.
another thing affecting may be playing for a club which has supporters that dont support , just criticise. the kid would be affected by all the crap written about him by so called supporters

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2009, 08:40:43 AM »

another thing affecting may be playing for a club which has supporters that dont support , just criticise. the kid would be affected by all the crap written about him by so called supporters
Boo Hoo!
Wake up TT, please!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2009, 08:43:15 AM »

thats the biggest load of pooe i have ever read.

He like all footballers is paid the big bucks not to read crap in the paper. Bucks i read once never read anything in the paper and im sure other footballers do the same.

He was chosen to run, chase, tackle get his hands dirty and he does none of that.

4 years and he has touched the ball 20 times or more in a match, only 4 times. supporters still carry on about his 1st Quarter against the Eagles.

Id say he is worse than JON, and thats saying something
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mutes

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2009, 09:17:42 AM »
See - http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/plough-feels-the-heat-68486

According to Wallace: "I will say in his defence that it has been a pretty big 72 hours for him because he had the birth of his daughter two evenings ago and he got no sleep the day before the game."

"But I heard the reaction of the crowd (to Tambling) and he has got to live with that."

"He is one player we rely on and he didn't live up to his side of the bargain today and where that leaves him from a selection point of view we will see as the week rolls on."

HANGING Tambling out to dry...why play him if he went through all that? Ridiculous decision playing him...and now he will cop it. Wallace's fault...AGAIN!!!!!  >:(

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2009, 04:38:14 PM »
As a player when you cross that line you are there to play, no excuses if you are on the paddock.

Very, very dissapointed in that crap dished up by RT and am leaning to the suggestions that he should be made to earn his spot in the top side by repeated high performance at Coburg.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2009, 04:46:54 PM »
As a player when you cross that line you are there to play, no excuses if you are on the paddock.

Very, very dissapointed in that crap dished up by RT and am leaning to the suggestions that he should be made to earn his spot in the top side by repeated high performance at Coburg.

Ritchie broke my heart yesterday Chuck....be a while before I jump to his defence again.
Unleash the tornado

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »
Can't wait to see who you want to replace him with.

I cant see how we achieve anything by giving him a kick while he was down, you could tell by his body language that he was beating himself up!

Anyone with eyes could see he was lost yesterday, he ran to the wrong spots every time, his team mates knew he was out of place and for a player who has some good skills Richie just wasn't clean.

In his defense he missed last week with an injury and no matter what  a new baby would effect your thinking.

We all have bad days and most of the time he is well and truly in our best 22

He is not going to be Buddy Franklin, get over it but he could be a handy player for Richmond in the future  - (he is 22)

Richard Tambling might say "Who needs enemies when you have non supporters like some Tigers fans"

I for one haven't lost faith in Tambling and if he get's dropped back to the 2's its only to get his confidence back.

Offline Aron

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2009, 07:45:55 PM »
Tambling is another living proof of our sub standard development system, i think the man can play just not in the correct environment at the moment and i really wish it was

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »
Deledio 16 touches
Tambling 14 touches

why is everyone from here to kingdom come bagging Tambling and not questioning Deledio

Hypocracy at its best

so what about last years best and f,. atm, they are both out of form. Deledio has played only one decent quarter in 3 games, the 3rd quarter v geelong, yet all the heat is on Tambling .

Facts are , Deledio this year has been a let down also, but he isnt alone but it amazes me how Tambling cops all the crap.

Riewoldt has been poor this year so far, nothing said about him?

Ritchie the new Tiger scapegoat

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »
Can't wait to see who you want to replace him with.

I cant see how we achieve anything by giving him a kick while he was down, you could tell by his body language that he was beating himself up!

Anyone with eyes could see he was lost yesterday, he ran to the wrong spots every time, his team mates knew he was out of place and for a player who has some good skills Richie just wasn't clean.

In his defense he missed last week with an injury and no matter what  a new baby would effect your thinking.

We all have bad days and most of the time he is well and truly in our best 22

He is not going to be Buddy Franklin, get over it but he could be a handy player for Richmond in the future  - (he is 22)

Richard Tambling might say "Who needs enemies when you have non supporters like some Tigers fans"

I for one haven't lost faith in Tambling and if he get's dropped back to the 2's its only to get his confidence back.

Good on ya Camboon  :thumbsup , honestly I am glad that you can give him a 100% support still.

Personally though as Matt said his performance gutted me the most on the weekend in a dismal weekend.  I have stuck up for him in the past but that performance he put in hurt and hurt bad.

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #359 on: April 15, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »
because richie isn't being tagged you idiot tigertime. Anyway I still believe Richie will do alright. Incidentally lids is averaging 22.5 possies and 2.8 tackles ryan griffen 22 possies and 2 tackles  and lids had 11 possies in 2nd quarter of geelong game. I wish some people would take more time to think before they publicly can players. I'll bet also that lids knows he can go alot better also.