Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132649 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #360 on: April 15, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
Do you think the pressures of having a family at a fairly young age is affecting his football career?

good question, it may be affecting him.
another thing affecting may be playing for a club which has supporters that dont support , just criticise. the kid would be affected by all the crap written about him by so called supporters

thats the biggest load of pooe i have ever read.

He like all footballers is paid the big bucks not to read crap in the paper. Bucks i read once never read anything in the paper and im sure other footballers do the same.

He was chosen to run, chase, tackle get his hands dirty and he does none of that.

4 years and he has touched the ball 20 times or more in a match, only 4 times. supporters still carry on about his 1st Quarter against the Eagles.

Id say he is worse than JON, and thats saying something
Gee for a learned footy fan like yourself, Daniel, you dissappoint me. Bucks never read an article on himself? Is this the same bloke they call FigJam and have done since his high school days? If there was a photo attached to the article then maybe you are right :lol

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: April 15, 2009, 07:39:12 PM »
Can't wait to see who you want to replace him with.

I cant see how we achieve anything by giving him a kick while he was down, you could tell by his body language that he was beating himself up!

Anyone with eyes could see he was lost yesterday, he ran to the wrong spots every time, his team mates knew he was out of place and for a player who has some good skills Richie just wasn't clean.

In his defense he missed last week with an injury and no matter what  a new baby would effect your thinking.

We all have bad days and most of the time he is well and truly in our best 22

He is not going to be Buddy Franklin, get over it but he could be a handy player for Richmond in the future  - (he is 22)

Richard Tambling might say "Who needs enemies when you have non supporters like some Tigers fans"

I for one haven't lost faith in Tambling and if he get's dropped back to the 2's its only to get his confidence back.

Good on ya Camboon  :thumbsup , honestly I am glad that you can give him a 100% support still.

Personally though as Matt said his performance gutted me the most on the weekend in a dismal weekend.  I have stuck up for him in the past but that performance he put in hurt and hurt bad.

Nobody is suggesting that he couldnt couldn't play better (understatement) but where does backing a bloke when he's down mean 100% support.

I just think Richie looked lost and low on confidence after making those mistakes! I belive he was in a panic and was running to the wrong position!

I'm not suggesting that he shouldn't be dropped if he's out of form but I am suggesting with all being equal on form, he is well and truely in our best 22.

Anyway, as he's a confidence player crapping on him non stop is counter productive - it won't punish him as much as it will punish us the Richmond faithfull because he wont step up or we will trade for nothing and he will star for another side.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:49:57 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #362 on: April 15, 2009, 07:59:39 PM »
I will still back Tambling as I have seen enough over the last 4 years (this is his 5th) to believe he is in our best 22. He has improved every year, was one of best in round 1 who could hold his head up (let's be honest there weren't too many).

I'd be interested to know how many hard ball gets he gets because for mine he is one of our best at that.

Did he have a shocker on Monday? Yeah he did and guess what he aint the first and he wont be the last. It's how like the rest of the team he comes back from it that is going to be the most important thing

And just on this focus that commentators have on players not putting defensive pressure on their opponents.

I have been saying for yonks that it is something that is glaring with kids coming through today, in that defensively they dont appear to be "good" at it

I really do wonder if they are taught or if any focus is put on teaching the defensive aspect of the game to them at Under 18/junior level.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: April 16, 2009, 08:49:59 AM »
I will still back Tambling as I have seen enough over the last 4 years (this is his 5th) to believe he is in our best 22. He has improved every year, was one of best in round 1 who could hold his head up (let's be honest there weren't too many).

I'd be interested to know how many hard ball gets he gets because for mine he is one of our best at that.

Did he have a shocker on Monday? Yeah he did and guess what he aint the first and he wont be the last. It's how like the rest of the team he comes back from it that is going to be the most important thing

And just on this focus that commentators have on players not putting defensive pressure on their opponents.

I have been saying for yonks that it is something that is glaring with kids coming through today, in that defensively they dont appear to be "good" at it

I really do wonder if they are taught or if any focus is put on teaching the defensive aspect of the game to them at Under 18/junior level.

The problem is WP the coaching staff at the RFc think exactly like you.

waiting, hoping that a player i.e JON, Tambling, Schulz come good but let me tell you it doesn't happen.

Why not try something different and offload Ritchie whilst he has currency. Remember Otto we got 2 top 20 draft picks because we acted fast.

Anyhing has got to be better than watch another version of JON running around in circles. His confidence was shot.

His confidence has been shot the day he has come to Punt Road.

Freo will give up for him why not take a punt and let him go.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »
Not great but much better from Blingers today. 16 touches, ran the lines straight and worked hard off the ball. Richie this is the minimum required. He obviously got some sleep this time around lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2009, 11:34:05 PM »
Not great but much better from Blingers today. 16 touches, ran the lines straight and worked hard off the ball. Richie this is the minimum required. He obviously got some sleep this time around lol.

Liked his game tonight, he does not have to get 30 touches to break open the game - like JON was proud of him tonight! I belive he was in our best 10 tonight!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2009, 11:38:23 PM »
Needs to do more plain and simple.
Needs to increase his work ethic and get 25 touches on average every week win lose or draw.
16 touches although some were nice is nowhere near enough.
We can't let him off the hook merely because we won.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: April 26, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
Needs to increase his work ethic and get 25 touches on average every week win lose or draw.
Good point Tucky, i agree! But he can still make it i believe! He has pace and he does have skill but i think he needs a rocket up his bum with a message that says, "you can play!"

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: April 26, 2009, 11:20:31 AM »

disagree, he with nahas set the scene for us, tambling played hard and tough early on and was a good player, stats mean poo, he had 16 importand touches, and found space many times  and was not used, the sides lack of vision coast him 8 disposals at least.
tambling is important to us and was very good last night

wins alot of hard ball for an "outside" players

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: April 26, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

disagree, he with nahas set the scene for us, tambling played hard and tough early on and was a good player, stats mean poo, he had 16 importand touches, and found space many times  and was not used, the sides lack of vision coast him 8 disposals at least.
tambling is important to us and was very good last night

wins alot of hard ball for an "outside" players

Agree TT.  Tambling's effort last night was very important to the team and his stats don't tell the full impact of his game.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #370 on: April 26, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »

Hard to amass huge possessions playing on a forward flank for a large part of the game. Our guys playing in the middle only had about 9 more possessions than him...and if you look at his accuracy it was pretty high..in the 80%'s. It appears that some players are judged by a whole different standard than others...Lids and Newman and Cogs can have some diabolical turnovers and yet no comments...........mmmmmm!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #371 on: April 26, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »
his attack on the footy was great last night, couple of nice dashes, a great game would require 5 or 6 passages like that rather than 1-2...nevertheless he worked hard and was not that far off his best
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: April 26, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »
Was one of our best play makers. Attacked the ball, broke tackles and was excellent defensively. He may have only amassed 16 possessions but he sacraficed his own game to block and shepherd Lids tagger to allow Brett the freedom to use the ball.

Played an excellent team game. I am excited about his potential once again  :pray

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
He actually looked very determined last night and a tad angry, hope he brings that to every game from now on in.

Very pleased with the way he took opponents on.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: April 27, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »
That great goal by Bowden in the last quarter which turned out to be the game breaker was actually started by Ritchie winning the hard ball in the backline.

Tambling reminds me a little bit of Mark Merenda.Mark struggled in his first few years and was a fringe player at best.Then one match in 1996 Mark kicked 5 goals and that was the making of him.(for a few years anyway).Hope Ritchie has one of those games soon-A game where he realises he belongs at AFL level.
Unleash the tornado