Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132644 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2009, 12:36:04 AM »
Richie kicked 4 goals against WCE when they were at best, in 15 mins once @ MCG

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2009, 01:00:19 AM »
Very true Bentleigh....I was waiting for someone to throw that in my face :lol

Maybe it has to be in a winning cause.Maybe a match saving tackle or mark might make him believe he belongs.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2009, 08:37:05 AM »
ritchies long kicking was also a treat on sat night, and that barrel he kicked was orgasmic

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2009, 09:42:24 AM »
He actually looked very determined last night and a tad angry, hope he brings that to every game from now on in.

Very pleased with the way he took opponents on.

That's it with Blingers, he has to bring his game face each and every week and he will be OK.

bushranger

« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
In my opinion we have got the 2 worse Aboriginal players in the AFL.
They are VFL players and this is where they should stay.
Both did a little bit but not enough to save them.
I know I will be slammed over this but this is what I think.
Look at anyother teams list with Aboriginal players and they ge far more out of them thatn we do.
But even with the win we had others than need to be looked at but these two need looking at the most.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2009, 11:09:07 AM »
Good to see stereotypes aren't out the window.

Not all "Aboriginals" are the same I really wish that all AFL supporters would let go of the "all aboriginal playes have to be as quick as Aaron Davey and ask skillful as Andrew McCloed".

Who cares where they are from, they put there head over the footy for our jumper Saturday night and that's all I ask for every week.

Well done JON and Tambs enjoy the trip up to Sydney.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »
Look at anyother teams list with Aboriginal players and they ge far more out of them thatn we do.
But even with the win we had others than need to be looked at but these two need looking at the most.

Two words....

LEON

DAVIS

bushranger

« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2009, 12:40:16 PM »

Not all "Aboriginals" are the same I really wish that all AFL supporters would let go of the "all aboriginal playes have to be as quick as Aaron Davey and ask skillful as Andrew McCloed".

Who cares where they are from, they put there head over the footy for our jumper Saturday night and that's all I ask for every week.

Tambling for being a high draft pick should be showing better that he is. That is the major point to it. No more no less.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »

Tambling for being a high draft pick should be showing better that he is. That is the major point to it. No more no less.

Richard Lounder  - Anthony Banik, 1st pick for Terry Keys etc, Life doesn't come with a rewind button and there are may decisions that we should regret more than recruiting Richie. He is still a kid and apologies for the stereotyping but it has been noted the some of the indigenous boys take longer to develop.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
Needs to do more plain and simple.
Needs to increase his work ethic and get 25 touches on average every week win lose or draw.
16 touches although some were nice is nowhere near enough.
We can't let him off the hook merely because we won.

Hard to amass huge possessions playing on a forward flank for a large part of the game. Our guys playing in the middle only had about 9 more possessions than him...and if you look at his accuracy it was pretty high..in the 80%'s. It appears that some players are judged by a whole different standard than others...Lids and Newman and Cogs can have some diabolical turnovers and yet no comments...........mmmmmm!

Lids and Cogs have both won games for us in the past and have been BOG for us on numerous occassions. When Tambling gets a BOG and more than once for that matter and consistently gets 20 -25 possessions most weeks regardless of position on the ground then I'll applaud him and I'll say he's improved. He's had five seasons to reach a certain level and so far he hasn't. Blokes like Chapman do it up forward and through the midfield week in week out. Tambling needs to raise his game. I hope I am wrong but the clock is now ticking. Tick Tick Tick.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2009, 08:33:28 AM »

Two words....

LEON

DAVIS

AND I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU

CONSISTENCY!!!!

1 good game doesn't make a season. He needs to build on that and do it for the rest of the season.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »

Two words....

LEON

DAVIS

AND I HAVE ONE WORD FOR YOU

CONSISTENCY!!!!

1 good game doesn't make a season. He needs to build on that and do it for the rest of the season.
I never said it did, however my example still stands

Leon Davis was flashy, MIA and inconsistent until the age of 26 which was his first ever genuinely solid season. In 2008 he stepped it up another level and became a very good player, but he was 27 years old and in his 9th season.

Tigermonk

« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
l thought Tambling was fantastic in attacking the ball & using his pace. His starting to break the lines & will only get better now the preasure is right on him to perform  :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #388 on: April 28, 2009, 04:52:38 PM »
Before BLINGA was drafted people said he played abit like the amazing Bloods captian Kelly.

Lets hope he goes wacko this week and gets BOG.

If we get Cotchin and BC in the team then Tambling gets the 6th defender / attacker more or less and forgotten by coach of other team.

bushranger

« Reply #389 on: April 28, 2009, 04:54:28 PM »
l thought Tambling was fantastic in attacking the ball & using his pace. His starting to break the lines & will only get better now the preasure is right on him to perform  :thumbsup
Sorry to disagree, but I do. He has had longe enough to be a main player for us but he isn't a consistant player.
I think he did do a few good things, but with the expectations I had for him, he has let me and us all down.
When he is good, which only happens a very few times, he is good.
Then when he is bad he makes us look so bad.
I hope the writting is on the wall for him as I can't see him being a top 22 player ever.