Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132645 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Richard Tambling
« Reply #390 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »
l thought Tambling was fantastic in attacking the ball & using his pace. His starting to break the lines & will only get better now the preasure is right on him to perform  :thumbsup
Sorry to disagree, but I do. He has had longe enough to be a main player for us but he isn't a consistant player.
I think he did do a few good things, but with the expectations I had for him, he has let me and us all down.
When he is good, which only happens a very few times, he is good.
Then when he is bad he makes us look so bad.
I hope the writting is on the wall for him as I can't see him being a top 22 player ever.

agree l know where your coming from in saying that.
He does need to step it up & be consistant each week. lets hope after 2 good games he keeps it going  ;D

bushranger

« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »
I have said it before and got proved wrong by him (Tambling).
I sound the death bell for him and he comes back and plays really good.
Would just love to see him playing good all game and not in and out of it.

Like, in my mind, McLeod of Adelaide does. When he is good, watch out.
And when he is ordinary, he isn't worth being on the feild.
This is what I hope Tambling doesn't do, but it looks a little like he is.

I want him to prove me and a few other's wrong about our feelings to him.
Cause if he plays well, he could be the game winner for us.
So it is a win, win thing.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #392 on: April 30, 2009, 06:54:37 PM »
At the moment Blingers is in the Daniel Wells bracket (although he cops far greater criticism than Wells does). Both inconsistent and both expected to do more given they were a high draft pick. McLeod would be in the top 5 aboriginal players ever. McLeod had two Norm Smith's by the time he was 22.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: May 01, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »
And when he is ordinary, he isn't worth being on the feild.

Don't know if I can agree with that part.  Every single player in the competition will look ordinary on an off day (I put up Richo as a case in point) but they are always worth having on the field.  Just one play of the class that they have can change a game.

And unless he has been carrying injury, I don't recall too many games over a long career where McLeod hasn't been serviceable at the very least.  He is a champion in the true sense and I would dearly have loved to see him at Richmond for his career.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: May 01, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
McLeod is a champion and cant think of a better role model for Ritchie.Amazing to think that when Andrew was Richies age he had 2 Norm Smith medals to his name.I know that the game has changed in 10 years but I do find the below stats interesting.

Tambling at 22 years of age(2008) averaged 17.4 disposals per game.5.1 marks per game and 3.3 tackles per game.0.4 goals per game.
McLeod at 22 years of age (1998) averaged 17.5 disposals per game.3.5 marks per game and 2.2 tackles per game.1.6 goals per game.

It is a credit to McLeod that he was able to shine on the biggest stage....However it wasn't until he turned 24 and in his 6th year that he started to average over 20 possesions per game in a season.That is why I still have hope for Tambling.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: May 01, 2009, 02:02:33 PM »
McLeod is a champion and cant think of a better role model for Ritchie.Amazing to think that when Andrew was Richies age he had 2 Norm Smith medals to his name.I know that the game has changed in 10 years but I do find the below stats interesting.

Tambling at 22 years of age(2008) averaged 17.4 disposals per game.5.1 marks per game and 3.3 tackles per game.0.4 goals per game.
McLeod at 22 years of age (1998) averaged 17.5 disposals per game.3.5 marks per game and 2.2 tackles per game.1.6 goals per game.

It is a credit to McLeod that he was able to shine on the biggest stage....However it wasn't until he turned 24 and in his 6th year that he started to average over 20 possesions per game in a season.That is why I still have hope for Tambling.

i have faith in tambo to, and those stats are more encouraging.  facts are if mcleaod played for rfc during those yrs there is no way he would have been as good as he is. ritchies time will come

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #396 on: May 03, 2009, 09:15:15 PM »
Usually after a loss Richie would come under fire from supporters but the silence is probably proof he had a good game today. One of his most consistent efforts in his time at Punt Rd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: May 03, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »
2nd best game i have seen Tambling play

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »
that would be in richies top few games..off the cuff last yr v Freo and Lions were also very good...well done to him , I'd just about written him off a few weeks back, he must be made of the right stuff :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2009, 09:40:18 PM »
He was excellent today

His gut running was great to see, a few others could take a leaf out
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2009, 09:45:32 AM »
tambo is made of the right stuff dont worry about that :thumbsup :gotigers

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »

Wow this horribly a different tune then after his W.B game.
Go Tigers!

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2009, 11:51:34 AM »

Wow this horribly a different tune then after his W.B game.

I got to say I was gutted after that WB effort and very dirty on it as I have always supported RT as the underdog, however his last two performances have done a lot to restore my peace of mind on Tambo.

He played a great game at the SCG and being able to see the way he worked his butt off live which you dont get to see on the TV has got me back in the happy zone with Blingers.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #403 on: May 04, 2009, 11:58:25 AM »
He's got great ability and had an unlucky start to the year his pre season has been super, that doesn't happen by accident and I have faith he'll continue to prove his worth. Certainly did play well the last 2 weeks.
Go Tigers!

bushranger

« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
I am unable to make any comments on Tambling this week as we have no link to watching the game.
But like I have said I call for him to be kicked into the 2s and he comes up wiith a good game.
Now we just need to keep him on this high for us. It will only be a benifit for both, him and us.
So I will eat humble pie and happily if he can prove he is up to the task of an AFL player.
We all do need to get behind our players, and our player have to get behind our players to.
Instead of 18 playing as individuals and not as a team.
Would have love to seen the Swans game, but cant.
I wasn't to suprised by us losing and the margin was okay.
Now get Tambo to play as well as others so we can turn the corner.