Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132715 times)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Tambling signs a 3-year deal
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »
this is old news ...

he signed at the start of the year !!!

there was a thread a long time ago on Tambling's signing !!!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2007, 01:09:30 PM »
No it was today. Announced officially on the RFC website.

Go Bling! 8)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2007, 01:13:50 PM »
this is old news ...

im with you
i recall late in teh season last yr they resigned him , up along with lids, polo, and pato, and also meyer but meyer just for the 1 yr cos they knew is heart and desire in non existent .

why would they announce this on sen today ???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Young guns commit to Tigers (RFC site)
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2007, 01:15:47 PM »
Young guns commit to Tigers
12:48 PM Tue 19 June, 2007 | Back
for richmondfc.com.au

Richmond Football Club is delighted to announce today that young gun, Richard Tambling, has signed a three-year extension on his current contract, which will carry through until the end of the 2010 season.

The Club also wishes to advise that agreements have been reached with other young players, Cleve Hughes, Adam Pattison, Travis Casserly and Luke McGuane, and they are set to sign new deals.

Director of Football, Greg Miller, said:  “This is exciting news for the Club as we believe these talented youngsters will be an important part of our resurgence in the future.

“Their commitment to the Tiger cause ensures we can continue to maximise their potential through our development programs.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=45217

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
between the line i read  "bye bye meyer"

and congrats to all the above mentioned lads

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2007, 05:08:25 PM »
between the line i read  "bye bye meyer"

As did I X.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
Hopefully McGuane only got 12 month deal same for Pattison.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2007, 06:08:56 PM »
Great stuff Tambo  :clapping.

Ch 10 news mentioned Clever had signed too but they didn't say for how long. Maybe they just meant he's come to agreement as the article says.

We obviously going to be patient with Cass if we're giving him a new deal.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling’s best yet to come
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2007, 07:56:29 PM »
Tambling’s best yet to come
Tue 19 June, 2007
By Catherine Murphy
richmondfc.com.au

RICHARD Tambling, who has just signed a three-year extension on his current Richmond contract, says his best football is yet to come.

“You see glimpses of it now and then but I’m working towards my best and hopefully, very soon, I can get to that,” Tambling said.

“Now all I can do is show the Richmond Football Club that I can repay the faith they’ve put in me.”

Tigers coach Terry Wallace expressed delight at the contract extension, heaping praise on the 20-year-old.

“You don’t sign blokes on long-term contracts unless they’re absolutely solid people that you want to have around your footy club,” Wallace said.

“From the day that we first met Richard that’s exactly what he’s been.

“He sets an example with everything he does from the point of view of how he conducts himself on and off the field. We see him as one of those in a group of future leaders in our football club.”

Wallace says that more than anything, the club is happy with his development as a player.

“We’re really pleased with the way that he’s progressing. He’s added goals to his game this year.

“We’re looking for blokes who kick over 25 goals a season and he’s marching towards that total this year and he’s become an integral part of our side.

“I think he’s starting to develop a maturity about himself bodily wise. He’s always been that way as a person but as the body grows and develops, I think his role around the football club will grow and develop,” Wallace said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=45241

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Blingers also said he still needs to build up his body after playing against the bigger bodies in the midfield. The Geelong game must have been a eye-opener for him when he got crunched. A good sign that he knows his current limitations and wants to work hard to be a much better footballer.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2007, 09:55:19 PM »

im with you
i recall late in teh season last yr they resigned him , up along with lids, polo, and pato, and also meyer but meyer just for the 1 yr cos they knew is heart and desire in non existent .

Bling was not re-signed with others last year X because he was already contracted for this season.

Early this season (around round 2 or 3) the Club said they would sit down and work to re-signing him - that's what they have announced today. Deal has only been completed int he past few days (source = Chutney  ;))
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »

im with you

Bling was not re-signed with others last year X because he was already contracted for this season.

Early this season (around round 2 or 3) the Club said they would sit down and work to re-signing him - that's what they have announced today. Deal has only been completed int he past few days (source = Chutney  ;))

hit the nail on the head, i think from memory he originally signed a 3 year deal.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2007, 11:54:14 PM »

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »
well ... good to see we got the young players ...

and how every true !!!

NO MEYER SIGNING OR HARTIGAN ???

looks like they are gone !!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling signs AFL deal with Tigers (The Age)
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2007, 02:39:51 AM »
Tambling signs AFL deal with Tigers
June 19, 2007 - 6:19PM
The Age

Exciting Richmond utility Richard Tambling seems forever destined to draw comparisons with fellow class of 2004 draftee Lance Franklin.

But Tigers coach Terry Wallace believes the constant second-guessing about whether Richmond made the right call when it chose Tambling with pick No.4 is unfair.

The club has announced Tambling has a signed a three-year contract extension, which will keep him at Punt Road until at least the end of 2010.

While Franklin, who the Hawks took with the No.5 selection, has lit it up this year and sits fourth in the race for the Coleman Medal with 34 goals, Wallace said the pair was only a small way in to what was a "long, long, long journey".

"I know it's everyone else's job to sit there and compare ... all we do is we look at our lot and we're pleased with the progression that they are making at this point in time," Wallace said.

"I still don't know, have we got an outcome on Travis Johnstone and Brad Ottens yet?" he added, referring to 1997 draft where Johnstone was taken No.1 and Ottens No.2.

Tambling has played all but one of Richmond's 11 matches this year for a career total of 43 games and said he remained unaffected by all the talk comparing him to the key-position Franklin.

"Try to put it behind you and try and focus on playing footy and that's all you can control, the way you perform and they way you go about it," Tambling said.

"You've seen glimpses of it (my best) now and then, but I'm working towards my best and hopefully very soon I can get to that."

Listed at 180cm and 80kg, the 20-year-old Tambling hoped to put on more weight and muscle so he can hold down a spot in the midfield.

"I've been given chances this year to play in the midfield and just the bigger body types. I've got to put on a bit of bulk still and try and push my way in there," Tambling said.

"I've just got to work on backing myself and using my teammates and understanding my role in the team."

Wallace said Tambling had improved each season and the club was "really pleased" with his progress.

"He's added goals to his game this year, you're looking for blokes who kick over 25 goals a season and he's sort of marching towards that total this year and he's become an integral part of our side," Wallace said.

"As the body grows and develops I think his role around the football club will grow and develop."

Wallace said Tambling was also fast becoming one of the Tigers' future leaders.

"You don't sign blokes on longer term contracts unless you reckon they are absolutely solid people that you want to have around your playing group," Wallace said.

"From the day that we first met Richard, that's exactly what he's been."

http://news.realfooty.com.au/tambling-signs-afl-deal-with-tigers/20075919-j80.html