Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132419 times)

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #465 on: June 15, 2009, 12:11:27 AM »
I wonder how the comparison with Buddy looks for 2009. 5 possies and 1 goal today against the Lions look poor.
I know SEN talked about it this morning but maybe some Tiger supporters should be getting a couple of sly ones back on all those Hawk supporters giving us grief these past few years....

Sadly he led them 2 a flag. I think they win that convo.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling lives up to the hype (Age)
« Reply #466 on: June 15, 2009, 03:22:44 AM »
Tambling lives up to the hype
Rohan Connolly | June 15, 2009

HAS there been an AFL player of recent times more maligned than Richard Tambling? It's doubtful.

The Richmond runner has paid a hefty price for failing to live up to the pre-draft hype that surrounded his selection in 2004, compounded by the legend that has grown about the man selected immediately below him — Lance Franklin.

But you are less likely to hear comparisons after another good performance on Saturday night in what is becoming easily the best spell of his now 85-game career.

Round six against Sydney might turn out to be the defining moment of Tambling's career. He had already carried the selection can for the Tigers' appalling start to the season when, reprieved again, he picked up 23 touches that afternoon.

He's averaged 24 disposals since, a superb game off half-back against Fremantle and Saturday night's effort against the Eagles the pick.

As Richmond built its third win of the year in the first quarter, Tambling was everything the Tigers thought they had drafted five years ago — quick, skilful, a game-breaking running machine and a pivotal part of the game plan.

He had 14 disposals in that first term, significant touches that almost always went to his side's advantage. Those who'd watched him as a kid in the Northern Territory would have been overwhelmed by the deja vu.

Confidence can play just as big, if not a bigger part in a player's development as physical preparation, and right now, Tambling has plenty. He's backing himself consistently to break the lines, and the hesitance and fumbling that has marred so many previous performances has disappeared.

It's still too early to say definitively Tambling has finally "made it". There's a long list of names who'll be cleaning out their Punt Road lockers come September. But Tambling's might have just come off it.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/tambling-lives-up-to-the-hype/2009/06/14/1244917932585.html

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #467 on: June 15, 2009, 07:49:51 AM »
Tamblings name would never have been on the list to leave in the first place

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #468 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
I wonder how the comparison with Buddy looks for 2009. 5 possies and 1 goal today against the Lions look poor.

Whatever Buddy was taking last year must have gone out of stock  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #469 on: June 15, 2009, 10:34:54 AM »

LOL SO true... see his waistline, its actually getting larger as the season progresses.  he  looked very slow in tassie, 5 kicks, seems to have lost some agility too

i remember a young gun called richo, have the size pace and agility, started his career with a bang like buddy, but maintained it , buddy will fade away except 4 his waistline
ritchie will make all his kickers eat their words esp the dawk fans
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:13:48 PM by one-eyed »

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #470 on: June 15, 2009, 11:33:24 AM »

LOL SO true see his waistline, its actually getting larger as the season progresses.  he  looked very slow in tassie, 5 kicks, seems to have lost some agility too

i remember a young gun called richo, have the size pace and agility, started his career with a bang like buddy, but maintained it , buddy will fade away except 4 his waistline
ritchie will make all his kickers eat their words esp the dawk fans

yeah i am one of them who doubted him but glad to be proven wrong if he continues his breakout year.

funny listening to SEN. Callers(hawk supporters) ringing up and asking why they didn't pick up Tambling instead of Buddy.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:14:24 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: June 15, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
Edited:

A reminder that we are legally not allowed to mention or allude to any player that maybe subject to the 3 strikes policy -- that is the 4-7 players who are supposedly on 2 strikes. There is a still a gag order in place and we are bound by it.

:banghead :banghead

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:04:14 PM by WilliamPowell »

« Reply #472 on: June 15, 2009, 01:10:18 PM »
Edited: Refer to previous post

A reminder that we are legally not allowed to mention or specualte on any player that maybe subject to the 3 strikes policy -- that is the 4-7 players who are supposedly on 2 strikes. There is a still a gag order in place

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:03:31 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling hypnotised: Hutchy
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »
Hutchy claims Tambling underwent hypnosis a month ago and that's the explanation for his turnaround in form since. Under hypnosis Richie went back to his junior footy days and how he performed 2nd and 3rd efforts and gut running.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tambling hypnotised: Hutchy
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »
1 down 43 teammates to go lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »
Now I'll know what's going on if he does the chicken dance at a centre bounce.

He was hypnotised before the round 3 match against the Dogs but the hypnotist forgot to snap his fingers to wake him up.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: June 19, 2009, 01:33:18 AM »
1 down 43 teammates to go lol
:D

He's hypnotising the opposition atm. Hope it lasts. 8)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #477 on: June 19, 2009, 08:22:45 AM »
Maybe Hutchy can be hypnotised into writing some decent articles then!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #478 on: June 19, 2009, 03:05:47 PM »
Now I'll know what's going on if he does the chicken dance at a centre bounce.
I believe that happened after North's players visited the hynotist  ;).

He was hypnotised before the round 3 match against the Dogs but the hypnotist forgot to snap his fingers to wake him up.
:lol

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #479 on: June 21, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »
ive got it on good authority and is FACT that Huchty is sacked from his position with his current media outlet........

seriously who cares what he ever has to say or report  :sleep  :sleep  :sleep
The club that keeps giving.