Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132409 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2009, 06:46:56 PM »
Wallace on SEN earlier today was asked about Richie visiting a hypnotist and he said up till then Richie was having trouble coping with outside factors (inferring the comparisons with Buddy most likely). Richie would be turning up to games with these external things on his mind and it wasn't helping his footy. He's been playing very well ever since he visited the hypnotist.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2009, 10:58:23 PM »
How good was Ritchies 6 bounce effort during the second quarter.....Shades of Micheal Mitchell at the SCG.

Definately a contender for Goal Assist of the year  :lol

Dont Know what you have to do to get a "delicious" comment from Bruce these days ? Not even a "special".

Yep was calling that, should of had a shot! would of snagged goal of the year.
But very team oriented and well done   :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #527 on: July 30, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
How good was Ritchies 6 bounce effort during the second quarter.....Shades of Micheal Mitchell at the SCG.

Definately a contender for Goal Assist of the year  :lol

Dont Know what you have to do to get a "delicious" comment from Bruce these days ? Not even a "special".

Yep was calling that, should of had a shot! would of snagged goal of the year.
But very team oriented and well done   :clapping
Any footage anywhere of the 6 bounce effort? Very Michael Mitchell like but without the goal on the end of it  :thumbsup.

I think Richie would have be relieved Bruce didn't say it was a turn on  :-X
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #528 on: July 30, 2009, 08:31:11 PM »
so true, have always seen them as cut from the same block- Hope Richie wont end up with brain damage half way through his career - top man Mitch , not sure if its from his mum or dads side.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #529 on: July 30, 2009, 09:42:24 PM »
so true, have always seen them as cut from the same block- Hope Richie wont end up with brain damage half way through his career - top man Mitch , not sure if its from his mum or dads side.

Never new that, was that a byproduct of when he landed on his head in a practice match at Baysie (Bayswater).

TigerTimeII

« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2009, 10:32:36 PM »
mitchell first hurt is brain when i think it was david rhyse jones ko'd him v carlton iirc, after that hit, mitchell was finished unfortunately
rhyse jones was a stuffing thug

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #531 on: July 31, 2009, 02:44:19 PM »
Richard Tambling
Details:
Club: Southern Districts/Northern Territory
DOB: 12 September 1986 Hgt: 181cm Wgt: 74kg
Position: Onballer/Half forward flank
Natural Foot: Right

Honours:
AIS/AFL Academy 2001
Allan McLean Medal 2002 (best player in Division 2 of Under 16's Carnival)
Northern Territory 2002, 2003, 2004 (Captain)
H.G Harrison Medal 2004 (best player in Division 2 of Under 18's Carnival)
All Australian 2004
MVP of Northern Territory 2004
National Draft Camp 2004

Strengths: Tambling is football’s version of the Human Highlight Reel. An extremely exciting onballer and flanker, he has blistering pace and is capable of the extraordinary. He has the ability to tear a game apart with his brilliant skills, running and ability to kick impossible goals. He has a big leap on him and is very agile.

Tambling is a good leader and was captain of the NT side in the recent carnival. He works very hard defensively, his tackling and smothering is a real feature. His hands are extremely clean and he can be damaging at the stoppages.

Weaknesses: Only weighs 68kg and may take time to put on the bulk required to play at AFL level. Can tend to concentrate on winning the football and not his direct opponent.

Footydraft.com comment: This kid is truly a pleasure to watch. He is already been called the best Aboriginal player of all time, which I think is a bit over the top, but he is going to take the league by storm in time with his extraordinary ability.

http://www.footydraft.com/players.php?player=richard_tambling

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vote for Tambling in this week's AFL Army Award
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »
Vote for Blingers in this week's AFL Army Award.....

Lance Franklin (Hawthorn)
fantastic chase and tackle halting an Adelaide attack

Richard Tambling (Richmond)
wonderful chase and smother to win possession

Stephen Milne (St Kilda)
great smother to create a turnover then goal

http://www.afl.com.au/competitions/army/Army.aspx

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #533 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
The  critical silience is music to my ears. Looking forward to his future years, 21 to 22 years of age and 100 games already

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:36 AM »
why isn't Tambling being played in the midfield??? since Jade "The Blade" has taken over, Tambling has been playing on the half back flank???

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2009, 10:38:10 AM »
Ah no.  I've seen him in the midfield.  ???  He spends some time on the HBF but he spends plenty of time on the ball as well.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #536 on: May 09, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
What can we say about Richie.

We cant go on like this and let players like him just roll around at the back of packs while others like Nahas, Tuck etc etc get in there and lay the hard tackles.

TAMBLING IS A PRETENDER, ALWAYS HAS BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE.

As a fully paid member i cant stand to watch this bloke refuse to get in there and protect his mates who have the ball.

He will never win us a game, has hardly played a full 4 quarters since he come over and we need to let him go NOW

He has currency now which is why i say now is the time to act, but that is getting eaten up as the weeks go by.

Dimma likes players that get in there like Nahas and Edwards did today. Tambling never does it and his skills are woeful.

Biggest problem i have with him is his leg speed. He was recruited because of his speed.  :banghead :banghead

WHAT SPEED?????? He looks slow and dissinterested. Rarely shows emotion and if i was coaching him i would slap a rocket up his arse and say put up or find another club.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #537 on: May 09, 2010, 10:50:02 PM »
Recovering from compartment syndrome, had both his legs sliced open in the preseason
Not much to replace him with so persist with him

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #538 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
Way way way too early to call on this, two more years at least before we contemplate his demise. In a good/very good side he will be a star. He needs to improve his fitness and the only way he can do that is to be injury free, when that happens wait and see.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #539 on: May 09, 2010, 10:56:09 PM »
Too inconsistent
Half hearted
Disinterested
Lazy

I don't want to hear excuses like he Aborigine and he needs time to settle and what not injuries etc. Can't keep protecting him from that. If you play every week and you had a slightly interrupted pre season and its rd 7 that can't be beneficial for both the player and the club. Needed the blowtorch on him three years ago when he got dropped after the Hawks game but was handled too carefully.

Agree Daniel enough excuses on him.

Has done nothing in his 100 or so games should be tearing up the comp now.

Only thing of note to me I remember he did well that was classy was the Brisbane game in 2008 at the Dome that 50 metre pass to Bowden who kicked the winning goal.

Highlights few and far between.

Want this kid to succeed but wanting him to succeed and reality are two entirely different things. Sadly he is too deficient in too many areas.

Trade him this year while we can get something worthwhile and valuable. That's all that's left. He has had his chance.