Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132411 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #540 on: May 09, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »
Recovering from compartment syndrome, had both his legs sliced open in the preseason
Not much to replace him with so persist with him

Excuses excuses excuses Infamy. Yes okay he has injuries but so did Richo, Bux and many other players but does it stop them getting in there and laying the hard tackle. NO!!!

he is a downhill skier and you could see that most times he steps out on the field,

Nahas half the size of most in the team and its laughable that he is our best tackler.

When i saw that vision of Tambling standing at the back of the pack ive seen enough of him. He must be traded to GC17. They will take him in a heartbeat and we can demand a first round pick and most likely get it.

He is a dime a dozen flanker with no defensive skills whatsoever, has no left foot and cant take a mark if his life depended on it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #541 on: May 09, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »
Way way way too early to call on this, two more years at least before we contemplate his demise. In a good/very good side he will be a star. He needs to improve his fitness and the only way he can do that is to be injury free, when that happens wait and see.

WAT in a good very good side he probably will be as he is a fairly good passenger at times but in all his time here we have been anything but a good or very good side.

Would like to see him succeed but the quality of a player is how good he is in a bad side. look at Martin in 6 games compared to Tambo. I think the difference in the two boys is stark. Tambo struggles here as if you are lazy in a poor side you get exposed if you are lazy in a good or very good side you can get accomodated whilst the side is winning.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #542 on: May 09, 2010, 11:01:37 PM »
Recovering from compartment syndrome, had both his legs sliced open in the preseason

Excuses excuses excuses Infamy. Yes okay he has injuries but so did Richo, Bux and many other players but does it stop them getting in there and laying the hard tackle. NO!!!

he is a downhill skier and you could see that most times he steps out on the field,

Nahas half the size of most in the team and its laughable that he is our best tackler.

When i saw that vision of Tambling standing at the back of the pack ive seen enough of him. He must be traded to GC17. They will take him in a heartbeat and we can demand a first round pick and most likely get it.

He is a dime a dozen flanker with no defensive skills whatsoever, has no left foot and cant take a mark if his life depended on it.

I have heard rumours Sydney are interested and have been for a while. :thumbsup

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: May 09, 2010, 11:05:09 PM »
Way way way too early to call on this, two more years at least before we contemplate his demise. In a good/very good side he will be a star. He needs to improve his fitness and the only way he can do that is to be injury free, when that happens wait and see.

sorry pal your wrong. Petrified had currency and we kept him till the end and got nothing.

tambling is as close to a first/early second round as we are going to get. They need a player like him up there to promote them and wll take him in a heartbeat.

HOW MANY FLANKERS WITH NO DEFENSIVE SKILLS CAN A CLUB HAVE???  sick to death of him and his lacklustre efforts on field.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #544 on: May 09, 2010, 11:13:23 PM »

And what pick will we get for him Tucker, pick 30 odd, waste of time, lets stick with him, what, he is 22? I could name another 30+ players that we have had on the list before waiting and waiting and waiting and developing and developing and then nothing. At least Tambling is better than what we have persisted with in the past.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #545 on: May 09, 2010, 11:14:53 PM »
Harsh calls have to be made.

List Management is all about keeping currency. Is keeping Tambling and hoping he clicks, which he's failed to do for 6 years worth risking a potential teen pick in the draft?

I'd be leaning to no. He's been given an enormous amount of oppurtunity with a dozen different positions to see where he is best at.

For both parties I think the best case scenario is Tambling goes to a top 4 side where as depth he can be a very damaging player where he can play as a goal assist type player like a Varcoe or a Schnieder.

Richie is a great guy, but the AFL is a business now and unfortunatly some tough calls need to be made. However I hope this isn't the hardest call we make at the end of the year.

Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: May 09, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
We would have to get pick 6-10 for him or we would have been Ottens screwed over again, wake up people if we can't get a top ten pick for him in this years compromised draft why the hell would we bother. How much talent is going to be around after GC 17 and then our pick 4, then the other teams picks. Lets not get shafted.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #547 on: May 09, 2010, 11:22:41 PM »

And what pick will we get for him Tucker, pick 30 odd, waste of time, lets stick with him, what, he is 22? I could name another 30+ players that we have had on the list before waiting and waiting and waiting and developing and developing and then nothing. At least Tambling is better than what we have persisted with in the past.

Ok he's 22 or 23 in his sixth season of AFL footy. I am not having a go at anybody but there are some here who want to trade or delist kids in their 2nd or 3rd seasons and in some cases fair enough too, but Tambling has been here 6 seasons. That's more than enough time to show something substantial. I feel we should stop living in the hope that he might amount to something for us because he was taken at pick 4. Cut our losses and trade him. Accept we got another pick wrong under a previous administration and move on. I'd take a pick between 20-30. Sure I would. Kid won't make it at Tigerland.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: May 09, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »
Harsh calls have to be made.

List Management is all about keeping currency. Is keeping Tambling and hoping he clicks, which he's failed to do for 6 years worth risking a potential teen pick in the draft?

I'd be leaning to no. He's been given an enormous amount of oppurtunity with a dozen different positions to see where he is best at.

For both parties I think the best case scenario is Tambling goes to a top 4 side where as depth he can be a very damaging player where he can play as a goal assist type player like a Varcoe or a Schnieder.

Richie is a great guy, but the AFL is a business now and unfortunatly some tough calls need to be made. However I hope this isn't the hardest call we make at the end of the year.

we need to trade only with GC and thats it.

They would be the only ones to possibly throw us a 1st/2nd rounder in the draft. Top 4 clubs would only offer up a 3rd rounder

Some ask why him well its simple. He has currency and  losing him would be absolute no big deal to our club.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #549 on: May 09, 2010, 11:27:35 PM »
We would have to get pick 6-10 for him or we would have been Ottens screwed over again, wake up people if we can't get a top ten pick for him in this years compromised draft why the hell would we bother. How much talent is going to be around after GC 17 and then our pick 4, then the other teams picks. Lets not get shafted.

There'll be talent later there if you know what you are looking for WAT. Just look at Nason and Webberley as a few examples. I'd be prepared to take the chance for the future. If he ends up being good for someone else good luck to him and them but I just feel the future plans of the club and here they are headed far outweigh keeping Richie for another two years whilst we still struggle on field with our rebuild which by then may mean he is worthless to others due to his inability to excel in a struggling side as us. Compromised drafts or not over the next two years I feel he has to go. The more he stays with us from this season onwards the less his value will be.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #550 on: May 09, 2010, 11:27:37 PM »
Really don't want to see him go and don't think he deserves to be traded but if it's in the best interest of the club moving forward and we are rewarded with adequate compensation then so be it. Pick 20-30 in this draft IMHO is not adequate compensation in a comprimised draft.

"Rucks:

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #551 on: May 09, 2010, 11:46:58 PM »
Its all about his currency.

WAT he's not worth a first round pick. Just cause he was pick 4 doesn't mean he's a pick 4 on field.

Farren Ray is a better player and was a pick 4. St.Kilda traded for him with pick 31. We cant expect for much better. If we are so lucky we may get a mid 20's for him.

We risk playing him another year or 2 hoping something happens in him that has failed to happen for 6 years or bite the bullet and roll his currency on another player.

I'm afraid there are better odds an unknown 20 something pick can contribute as much as Ritchie does and would play for a max 15 years compared to Ritchies max 10.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: May 09, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »

WAT he's not worth a first round pick. Just cause he was pick 4 doesn't mean he's a pick 4 on field.

Farren Ray is a better player and was a pick 4. St.Kilda traded for him with pick 31. We cant expect for much better. If we are so lucky we may get a mid 20's for him.

We risk playing him another year or 2 hoping something happens in him that has failed to happen for 6 years or bite the bullet and roll his currency on another player.

I'm afraid there are better odds an unknown 20 something pick can contribute as much as Ritchie does and would play for a max 15 years compared to Ritchies max 10.

We rolled the dice with Rodan when everyone thought he was down and out look at him now, I don't want to see the same mistake made twice. We also bungled the Ottens trade so we had better tread carefully on this one or we will as usual get hung out to dry by supporters, media and the AFL community.

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #553 on: May 10, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »

Farren Ray was walking & Bulldogs had no choice but to do a deal

Tigermonk

« Reply #554 on: May 10, 2010, 12:10:27 AM »
Tambling is a VB gone rotten, Trade ASAP as far away from Vic so he wont use our future taxes  ;D wouldnot make top 100 in a indigenous side
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:05:11 AM by one-eyed »