Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132405 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #555 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:54 AM »
We rolled the dice with Rodan when everyone thought he was down and out look at him now, I don't want to see the same mistake made twice. We also bungled the Ottens trade so we had better tread carefully on this one or we will as usual get hung out to dry by supporters, media and the AFL community.
Rodan was going nowhere at Richmond and he's been gone for years now. I'll say it for what feels like the millionth time, getting rid of Rodan was the right decision and it certainly shouldn't dictate our policy on holding on to players moving forward.

We didn't bungle the Ottens trade either, we bungled the drafting of players with the picks we got

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #556 on: May 10, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »
We rolled the dice with Rodan when everyone thought he was down and out look at him now, I don't want to see the same mistake made twice. We also bungled the Ottens trade so we had better tread carefully on this one or we will as usual get hung out to dry by supporters, media and the AFL community.
Rodan was going nowhere at Richmond and he's been gone for years now. I'll say it for what feels like the millionth time, getting rid of Rodan was the right decision and it certainly shouldn't dictate our policy on holding on to players moving forward.

We didn't bungle the Ottens trade either, we bungled the drafting of players with the picks we got

Don't agree with you on Rodan and we recieved picks too late for what we should have got for Ottens IMHO. Both players have had an impact in their respective teams and both have played in Premierships such is their worth to their clubs. You can say it for the 10 millionth time and thats fine but I dont agree.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #557 on: May 10, 2010, 12:41:44 AM »

Very True. We were destroying Rodan & had him running in circles. Now his playing great football & becoming consistant because his been developed & rehab correctly. Tambling has taken his place now looks backwards first

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #558 on: May 10, 2010, 01:38:29 AM »
It's time for Tambling to try & forward his career elseware. Hopefully for his sake it's not too late for him or Richmond...he still has currency.
Fiora was ruined by Richmond by the time he left it was too late he was fully infected and beyond repair. 
It seems Rodan may not have been so infected.
Let's hope that HARDwick can rid this club from this disease (tigeritis) once and for all.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #559 on: May 10, 2010, 03:24:27 AM »
Many of us have fought the "Tambling" cause on OER.

After 6 years and 100 games I am running out of patience.

Very expendable at the moment.
Unleash the tornado

Ramps

« Reply #560 on: May 10, 2010, 07:09:16 AM »
Tambling is a VB gone rotten, Trade ASAP as far away from Vic so he wont use our future taxes  ;D wouldnot make top 100 in a indigenous side

what have our taxes got to do with this monky, must admit your a funny bastard though  ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #561 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:11 AM »

Rodan has had 3 BOG already, funny if he wins the Brownlow hey

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #562 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:13 AM »
Many of us have fought the "Tambling" cause on OER.

After 6 years and 100 games I am running out of patience.

Very expendable at the moment.

Yep.  Even though he got >80 Dream Team points yesterday there wasn't much to like about his game.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #563 on: May 10, 2010, 07:42:16 AM »
Tambling is a VB gone rotten, Trade ASAP as far away from Vic so he wont use our future taxes  ;D wouldnot make top 100 in a indigenous side
You disgust me you vile piece of vermin! Leave the racist stuff out of it! There are plenty of people who use our taxes and even more who avoid paying it(those are the worst)!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #564 on: May 10, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
Its all about his currency.

WAT he's not worth a first round pick. Just cause he was pick 4 doesn't mean he's a pick 4 on field.

Farren Ray is a better player and was a pick 4. St.Kilda traded for him with pick 31. We cant expect for much better. If we are so lucky we may get a mid 20's for him.

We risk playing him another year or 2 hoping something happens in him that has failed to happen for 6 years or bite the bullet and roll his currency on another player.

I'm afraid there are better odds an unknown 20 something pick can contribute as much as Ritchie does and would play for a max 15 years compared to Ritchies max 10.

Only thing with this year's draft Pope is that the normal 'rules' may not apply.  With the new GC club holding so many good picks they will be in a unique position to spend these picks for established players (which they will need).  That might possibly go either of 2 ways - artificially inflating the price of trades or it could lead to a glut of available players on the market.  The biggest unknown is how each club is going to view and react this year - will there be a glut or will clubs jealously guard their existing lower picks.  My gut feel is that there will be an 'open season' in which a very large number of better than average/normal players are up for trade and that in itself might open up many advantages for the shrewd clubs.  Maybe some of this year's 'gems' might be in the players up for trade and not in the draft itself so maybe a Tambling or Foley might get above the odds in a trade or conversely we might get some good experience from elsewhere at a bargain basement price.  Will be a very interesting trade week this year.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #565 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »

Don't agree with you on Rodan and we recieved picks too late for what we should have got for Ottens IMHO. Both players have had an impact in their respective teams and both have played in Premierships such is their worth to their clubs. You can say it for the 10 millionth time and thats fine but I dont agree.
[/quote]

We got picks 12 and 16 in the 2004 draft, which added to picks 1,4, and 20, gave us five picks in the top 20. In my opinion,12 and 16 would have been more than adequate compensation for Ottens if we'd utilised them properly. But we stupidly chose Danny Meyer with pick 12, while Melbourne snapped up Matthew Bate, who we should have taken, with pick 13.
We threw away pick 16 on a lemon like Pattison too. The less said about pick 4 the better, as this issue has been discussed a million times since we made that particular blunder.
But the time has come to accept  the fact that we got it wrong and move Tambling on.He has proven after 101 games (at least four of them any good) that he has no future at Richmond. But if we act quickly, we MAY be able to con another club like GC17, that he's worth a 2nd round pick. Personally, anything under 50 would be a massive upgrade. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #566 on: May 10, 2010, 09:00:31 AM »
Picks 12 and 16 for a bloke recovering from back surgery is a pretty good deal. It's what we did those picks that was the error.

It took ottens 2 seasons to start showing any real form at Geelong, as you would expect after serious surgery.

As for Rodan, Richmond would never have got out of him what Port have. Good luck to them and him.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #567 on: May 10, 2010, 10:19:03 AM »
As it stands right now gc 17 would offer up a second rounder for tambling.
They need recognized players and he would fit them perfectly.
He is no good for us, never has been from day 1.
Big difference between rodan and tambling wat is rodan has better skills but above all else is so much quicker.
People should watch Richie closely he moves like one of those donkeys in Greece and hardly gets his hands dirty. What he has dished out this year is rubbish
Rfc should look at past mistakes like Schulz and petrified and use that as an example of what will happen if we hold onto players that we don't need.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #568 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
As it stands right now gc 17 would offer up a second rounder for tambling.
They need recognized players and he would fit them perfectly.
He is no good for us, never has been from day 1.
Big difference between rodan and tambling wat is rodan has better skills but above all else is so much quicker.
People should watch Richie closely he moves like one of those donkeys in Greece and hardly gets his hands dirty. What he has dished out this year is rubbish
Rfc should look at past mistakes like Schulz and petrified and use that as an example of what will happen if we hold onto players that we don't need.

Agree Daniel.

add to our already acquired (lets be honest) pick 4 and 29 a pick 20-25 and we're heading in the right direction with our list management.
Go Tigers!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #569 on: May 10, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »

what have our taxes got to do with this monky, must admit your a funny bastard though  ;D
What the stuff is this poo?  You trying to a funny motherfucker or something?  For a start I bet he could spell it correctly.
Lots of people name their swords......