Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132386 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #645 on: May 12, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »
He is not an A Grade player, so he has to go as trade bait.
He has fooled a lot of people when he first got drafted.
And we have found out that he isn't up to scratch when it comes to actually playing alongside opposition.

I don't know how he rates in that supercoach but it would be interesting to know.
Still I think overall he hasn't shown what he did when first drafted with all that promise.
If anything he has gone backwards from then.

100% correct.

got more to do with application with him. I actually dont think he works hard enough out there.

Everyone bags Lids well guess what if Ritchie was half the player lids was we would be doing allright.

Ill tell you something else Bush, Tambling has only ever had over 30 possy's in his career, once. Last year he kicked only 8 goals.

Even last year his best year some say he only got over 20 possy's in about 10 games out of a possible 22. His best games last year were against Freo, WCE and North. He goes missing like his mate Wells against the big boys.

It baffles me how some want Lids gone. No Lids no future for us. FACT!!
No Tambling=Same result for the RFC. He makes no difference to our team at all. Maybe if Lids had guys like Tambling blocking for him he would be the match winner we all want him to be. Instead we have tambling  hanging out at the back of packs waiting for the ball to come to him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #646 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
Yep pretty easy for King to say now isn't it!!

like Wallace saying Deledio will never be a top mid after he gets the sack.

hole.  >:(

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #647 on: May 12, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
Yep pretty easy for King to say now isn't it!!

like Wallace saying Deledio will never be a top mid after he gets the sack.

hole.  >:(

Can't help themselves when they leave can they, very annoying.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #648 on: May 12, 2010, 08:39:49 PM »
Contracted 'til when ???

Out of contract at the end of this season

Maybe, maybe not but..perhaps what you see with DK is what you get too.
A failed assistant coach, with little cred, who didn't develop our players and is now making a crust in the media at our expense. :P

Agree Mr Magic very poor form by David King. Easy to take pot shots from the cheap seats

Instead we have tambling  hanging out at the back of packs waiting for the ball to come to him.

daniel you've made some very good points in this debate.  :thumbsup

But I find you last comment an interesting one. Only because what happens if that is the role he has been asked to play by the coaching staff. Then how can you be critical? I think I said earlier in this thread that sadly we have no idea what specific roles players are given on a week to week basis.

I have no idea what role he is supposed to be playing, personally I'd play him off the HBF and throw Lids in the middle. I think Tambling played his best footy as the running HB flanker last year and his disposal by foot is good so having him there instead Lids with Lids in the centre I see as a much better option.

ANd just on blokes hanging out the back of packs. I am not sure if this showed up on the TV or not but a number of times when the players spread, like Tambling; Nason could be found on his own between the HFF & wing. Rance & Nahas to name a couple of others did it as well. So it was clear to me that; that type of set up is part of the game plan
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #649 on: May 12, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »
Contracted 'til when ???

Out of contract at the end of this season

Maybe, maybe not but..perhaps what you see with DK is what you get too.
A failed assistant coach, with little cred, who didn't develop our players and is now making a crust in the media at our expense. :P

Agree Mr Magic very poor form by David King. Easy to take pot shots from the cheap seats

Instead we have tambling  hanging out at the back of packs waiting for the ball to come to him.

daniel you've made some very good points in this debate.  :thumbsup

But I find you last comment an interesting one. Only because what happens if that is the role he has been asked to play by the coaching staff. Then how can you be critical? I think I said earlier in this thread that sadly we have no idea what specific roles players are given on a week to week basis.

I have no idea what role he is supposed to be playing, personally I'd play him off the HBF and throw Lids in the middle. I think Tambling played his best footy as the running HB flanker last year and his disposal by foot is good so having him there instead Lids with Lids in the centre I see as a much better option.

ANd just on blokes hanging out the back of packs. I am not sure if this showed up on the TV or not but a number of times when the players spread, like Tambling; Nason could be found on his own between the HFF & wing. Rance & Nahas to name a couple of others did it as well. So it was clear to me that; that type of set up is part of the game plan

well isnt that interesting, out of contract end of year. Glad to hear it!!

I would be very surprised if Dimma moves to sign Tambling up as quick as he did for Martin. Put him up for sale and if nothing bites Frankston pines will take him.

Now WP i was referring to the vision on Sunday but our Ritchie was doing similar acts last year. He looks affraid out there very timid to even go near the man and give him a good bump. Nahas has more balls than Tambling. He is very down on confidence, always has been from day one. Whenever our man runs toward the goal to take a shot IMO he looks to be always second guessing himself.

He seems to have put on a bit of size well why isnt he making use of that body in the packs. No not Ritchie he  is too concerned about the one handed look at me grabs of the footy from the ground or one handed attempts at marking. :banghead :banghead

Tambling is not a midfielder and no way on earth is he a forward. He should be played in the back half and stay there till his currency builds up. If we dont get a second rounder or better then i agree he stays but we pay to watch footballers not dime a dozen half bank flankers who may or may not turn out to be what we want. We as a football side have too many of the same players and no variety.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #650 on: May 12, 2010, 09:46:39 PM »
Excellent post Daniel. :thumbsup

Too true about us having to many similar types. I can't understand how we had blokes like Edwards Tambling Polo all in the same side and all playing the same type of role off HB. No variety and no element of surprise.
It's been said before and I'll say it again Tambling is just another dime a dozen half back flanker that is very expendible.

Ramps

« Reply #651 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
Are Frankston Pines still going around?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #652 on: May 12, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »

State League 1 Ramps. ;D

Ramps

« Reply #653 on: May 12, 2010, 09:55:44 PM »

State League 1 Ramps. ;D

thats the type of nonsense comment Id expect a Victory supporter to make  ;D South is getting its team of the century award tonight or tomorrow not sure. Ill post pics in here!

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #654 on: May 12, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
My take on Tambling is that he is an elite overhead make (brilliant grab) but very poor below his knees (constantly fumbles). I'd play him as a Mark Williams leading full forward. It's not like anyone else is beating down the door for the position.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #655 on: May 12, 2010, 10:22:34 PM »

State League 1 Ramps. ;D

thats the type of nonsense comment Id expect a Victory supporter to make  ;D South is getting its team of the century award tonight or tomorrow not sure. Ill post pics in here!

It's scary what I know Ramps and quite humbling at times for both of us. :thumbsup
Post the pics up when you get them. :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2010, 01:19:06 PM »
It's been said before and I'll say it again Tambling is just another dime a dozen half back flanker that is very expendible.

Looking that way unfortunately.
The back end of this season will tell us plenty about Richard Tambling's future at Tigerland one feels.
I can only hope it's injury holding him back and he starts playing well or he's likely elsewhere.

Ramps

« Reply #657 on: May 13, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
another full season will see him blossom into a player

this is a beautiful set up job by monk who has heard the rumours ... in 12 months Monk will re live this thread with one phrase

"I told yas So"

Tigermonk

« Reply #658 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »

this is a beautiful set up job by monk who has heard the rumours ... in 12 months Monk will re live this thread with one phrase

"I told yas So"

of course he will blossom  ;D he will be at home in his brothers facility. he will has all his brothers around him & he will play some good footy  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #659 on: May 13, 2010, 09:05:48 PM »

"I told yas So"

of course he will blossom  ;D he will be at home in his brothers facility. he will has all his brothers around him & he will play some good footy  :thumbsup
sheesh i suppose if we play him long enough hes bound to play some decent footy sooner or later. but for how long.