Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132382 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #675 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
happy Blinga put his head over the ball last week  :cheers

bushranger

« Reply #676 on: June 03, 2010, 11:11:36 AM »
Now we need someone to kick it.
He is way too over rated.
We should trade him out this year for something better and more consistant.
Yep I don't like him.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #677 on: June 03, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
How can he be over rated if hardly anyone rates him
If anything he's one of the most maligned players in the competition

bushranger

« Reply #678 on: June 03, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »
This is why we all have our own opinions.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #679 on: June 03, 2010, 11:54:37 AM »
AFL player pool is similar to the stock market.

Tambling currency or worth isn't very high right now. Like a stock that's lost a lot of money do you:

A) Try and salvage a return of next to nothing in fear of losing everything

or

B) Hold onto your stocks as there is a chance the stock price will rise to a respectable level over time.

I think I'd be choosing B.

Blings stock is down we'd get maybe a 3rd rounder at best a 2nd rounder. In a diluted draft holding onto Bling would be the best way forward IMO.
Go Tigers!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #680 on: June 03, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
Should be a bit easier for Tambling now that we have Deledio, Cousins, Foley, Martin, Cotchin etc up and running in midfield.

I think he's struggling to break out and be consistent over 4 quarters. He hasn't been in our best any game this season. I'd change things up for Tambo and play him as a Varcoe type FP where he might kick a few and grab the headlines.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #681 on: June 03, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »
blingers is very important to us and very underrated

he is going no where, quality person , quality player

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #682 on: June 03, 2010, 06:31:32 PM »
Should be a bit easier for Tambling now that we have Deledio, Cousins, Foley, Martin, Cotchin etc up and running in midfield.

I think he's struggling to break out and be consistent over 4 quarters. He hasn't been in our best any game this season. I'd change things up for Tambo and play him as a Varcoe type FP where he might kick a few and grab the headlines.

Now that is a good idea :bow :bow I agree 100 %. He is better than he has shown this year and i would love for him to be better as he is important going forward.

« Reply #683 on: June 03, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

Now that is a good idea :bow :bow I agree 100 %. He is better than he has shown this year and i would love for him to be better as he is important going forward.

Nothing to say

Nothing to add

Just call me Daniel or WAT

:thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #684 on: June 03, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
How can he be over rated if hardly anyone rates him
If anything he's one of the most maligned players in the competition

he is rated by some clubs hence the tag in some games but the point with Ritchie is he has gone backwards.

Playing Injured well I dont believe that one bit. He had ample games to recapture the form of late 09 but as yet as given us nothing.

I think its best to look at him as not much more than a average player then its easier to accept his lackluster efforts in games

The only thing that will save him is the GC17 introduction
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #685 on: June 03, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »
Playing Injured well I dont believe that one bit. He had ample games to recapture the form of late 09 but as yet as given us nothing.

You do realise some injuries take longer than 4-6 weeks to recover from?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #686 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »

yes i do so lets just see how he rides out the rest of the year. Come Round 22 what excuse will it be then.

He needs a full pre season under his belt?
He needs a new position?

Enough of the excuses his time is now till Round 22

Ive heard every excuse from getting help from a shrink to he misses home, to his injury which has still not heeled so i think for someone who has played over 100 games he has given us very little return. Tivers played just under 200 and people bagged him till the day he left so Tambling deserves every critcism he gets till he starts producing the goods.

If he turns the corner great ill happily eat my words, but what if we get to Rd 22 and he is till producing rubbish?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #687 on: June 03, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »

yes i do so lets just see how he rides out the rest of the year. Come Round 22 what excuse will it be then.

He needs a new position?

Ive heard every excuse from getting help from a shrink to he misses home, to his injury which has still not heeled so i think for someone who has played over 100 games he has given us very little return. Tivers played just under 200 and people bagged him till the day he left so Tambling deserves every critcism he gets till he starts producing the goods.

If he turns the corner great ill happily eat my words, but what if we get to Rd 22 and he is till producing rubbish?

Oh ffs, let it go, who after Tambling are you going to bag, then who after that, you are the type of person that would bag players in a GF winning side. Tambling will be an asset to this club once we actually have players around hime that can support his and our style of play.

Edwards has turned the corner after how many wasted years?? get the oven heated up and the sauce ready, you have a hell of a lot of eating ahead of you!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #688 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:03 PM »

He needs a new position?

I totally agree... Tambo just looks like he will not change .. i hope he proves me wrong but for now i cant see that happening  :-\

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #689 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »

He needs a new position?

I totally agree... Tambo just looks like he will not change .. i hope he proves me wrong but for now i cant see that happening  :-\

Well he started the change last week or did you miss that, might of only been one game but hey Edwards first good game set him on a role as did Connors before his .... episode!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"