Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132380 times)

Ox

Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #705 on: June 05, 2010, 01:21:40 AM »
liked his game tonight.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #706 on: June 05, 2010, 07:20:37 AM »
liked his game tonight.

watched him for most of the 2nd half. Spent 10 minutes running around a 40 m arc looked lost, barely raised a jog. Went off , came back on and drifted in and out of the game like a feather. Farmer has a tenth of his talent bit works twice as hard.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

TigerTimeII

« Reply #707 on: June 05, 2010, 08:05:01 AM »
liked his game tonight.

watched him for most of the 2nd half. Spent 10 minutes running around a 40 m arc looked lost, barely raised a jog. Went off , came back on and drifted in and out of the game like a feather. Farmer has a tenth of his talent bit works twice as hard.

u talk poo

blingers busted his arse last nite, worked real hard all nite

think u drink too much at the footy and dont pay real attention

cant believe how many ppl out there watch footy yet have nfi!

tony_montana

« Reply #708 on: June 05, 2010, 08:19:27 AM »
worked really really hard tonight and got better as the game wore on, but farrrrrk me he fumbles a lot!
 if he had clean hands he'd be a damaging clearance king, so many times he was in a position that with a clean takeway he'd be off like a rabbit.
For those couple of fumbles he also had some fantastic clean takes under pressure down back.
Definitely improving week on week as he gets his fitness back, he was good tonight

it wasnt "a couple of fumbles" it was a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered mentioning it but again, it was a good strong game by him, worked his arse off

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #709 on: June 05, 2010, 08:29:18 AM »
liked his game tonight.

what does he do that is elite?
And don't say work rate because he spent 15 mins running around in circles in front of me.
He is just a player.
u talk poo

blingers busted his behind last nite, worked real hard all nite

think u drink too much at the footy and dont pay real attention

cant believe how many ppl out there watch footy yet have nfi!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

jackstar is back again

« Reply #710 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
Simply, isnt a first round draft pick. He is neither here or there as a player.
If he doesnt play, we dont miss him, if he does play, he cant put his imprint on a game.
Very simple !

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: June 05, 2010, 08:44:44 AM »
was in our top 5 best last night if the truth be told, he cant be faulted on last night. 7 tackles was his best for the year im sure.

the sooner people start to realise he aint a match winner we had all hoped the better we can deal with him as a player.

He is and will be another average player who must be traded

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #712 on: June 05, 2010, 03:11:20 PM »
he did the percenters.
I don't know how many times he ended up on the bottom of the pack copping head highs.
He filled a role last nite.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: June 05, 2010, 03:33:39 PM »
7 tackles from Tambo, too.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #714 on: June 05, 2010, 03:44:30 PM »
Would have been in or close to our Top half a dozen against the Saints
Good to see him improving each week as he gets more miles in his legs
His disposal efficiency was the same as the rest of the side

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #715 on: June 05, 2010, 05:10:43 PM »
was in our top 5 best last night if the truth be told, he cant be faulted on last night. 7 tackles was his best for the year im sure.

I think you will find he had 9 or 10 in round 1 and has had a couple of 7-8 tackle games this season

I thought he was very good last night, especially in the 2nd half, thought his first qtr was average though
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #716 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
Tambling had the same kicking efficiency as the team average on the night and only 1 clanger in his 15 disposals and 7 tackles down back. He was also the only small defender who was able to keep Milne quiet when he was on him, however he was moved off Milne for Farmer to take over.

I swear some people just look out for the mistakes he makes and list them so they can come on here and bag him. He played well tonight, was one of our better players. There were only 4 Tigers with more Champion Data points than Tambling and he had exactly the same score as Dustin Martin (98). I know stats don't mean everything but I did watch the game and he did well, the stats just help prove it.
The thing with judging players at this level is, if you give a player enough game time he will do some good things. Lets face it, if a player gets to this level he is obviously a very talented footballer. IMO the only way you judge an AFL footballer is by how many mistakes they make compared to how much out put to the team they contribute.
Now saying that if you look at Richie, imo he makes a lot of mistakes for very little out put. Just my opinion.

Now i'm not sure about a lot of you poster but i can change my mind on a player over 3 to 4 weeks of watching them weather it be good or bad. Take a look at Edwards, at the start of the year i thought he was a complete spud and would have happly run him over in my car if i had of seen him crossing the road but now i think he is getting there. I'm still not completelly sold on him but have definatelly changed my mind on him. When Edwards does his good stuff it's really good but he is very light and turns te ball over alot but has a lot of up sides.

Now like a lot on here i am happy to be wrong on Richie but even last year when he was at his best i never really changed my mind on him, he did some really nice things, that most of us tigers supporters want to see him do but he curtainly still made plenty mistakes. I think we all were just really please to see him actually contribute to the side rather than him playing really well.

I hope for his sake and the RFC sake he can turn it around in the last half of the year, i think he has had long enough.  :gotigers

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #717 on: June 06, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
Sitting bottom level on the wing Spencer St side for the first time as I have always sat third level at the dome I actually got a good close up view of the action and his work rate was really high yesterday. Needs to run and and carry more but I thought he was good last night and brave when he needed to be. When it was his turn to go he went. :thumbsup

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: June 06, 2010, 01:18:49 PM »
Took a good mark and did some good little things but undid alot of his good work by poor disposals

bushranger

« Reply #719 on: June 06, 2010, 03:46:03 PM »
He is still young and I think we can forgive a few error.
But what this topic is about wasn't free from doing a lot of the same things too.
But he is an established player.