Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132379 times)

the claw

Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #720 on: June 06, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »
He is still young and I think we can forgive a few error.
But what this topic is about wasn't free from doing a lot of the same things too.
But he is an established player.
i would argue that hes not an established player apart from 14 odd games last yr.geez uup unto his purple patch the majority were calling for his head.
he had an operation and his preseason was badly interrupted so you could forgive him being poor the first half of the season.
he needs to show in the run home that the run of 14 games last yr is no flash in the pan.

at the end of last yr i rated him borderline, core list, below standard. being generous i placed him in the core list category but needing to establish himself further by continuing on with the decent form. atm hes slipped back to below standard his season to date has ranged from deplorable to ordinary but like i said he has a legit excuse with the operation and poor preseason. there will be no such forgiveness in the back half of the season.

one criticism has been his inability to carry injury and the gap between good and bad is still a chasm. it seems if all is not perfect he cant play.

TigerTimeII

Re: Tambling......We have to let him go
« Reply #721 on: June 07, 2010, 02:59:21 AM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »
At the crossroads is Richie sadly. This year he is running around a lot near the ball but can't get near it. He just isn't reading the play. IMO needs a spell in the VFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #723 on: July 18, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
kept an eye on him today, just keeps running around in the circles and running behind where the ball has been, little impact, he basically cant play. he refuses to even run forward of the ball in attempt to try and get on the end of it :banghead

Gigantor

« Reply #724 on: July 18, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »
i watched him too jack..made a point of it after the game got away.....And really contributes zero in my opinion

Gigantor

« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
i think people like webberly,jackson could fill that role

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: July 18, 2010, 07:28:03 PM »
His attack of the football is embarrasing and he is the only one on our list who has gone backwards 50% at this time last year.

He rarely runs at full pace, mainly around in circles, and only in the last quarter when the game was well and truly over did i see he actually tried. I watched him closely and it was comedy at its best he was in our F50 with his arms flapping about demanding the ball. The problem was he wasn't running in to space he was running directly into the area that Hamish was occupying. He has no idea where to stand anymore.

Send him on his way and out of our club. His football apart from 6 weeks last year have been rubbish since 2005. Very average football at best. Forget about pick 4 he would barely get picked up at pick 50.

Even when we win he contributes zero today was his worst game for our club in 5 years.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2010, 08:00:02 PM »
Terrible! Has he lost it ?????????

Gigantor

« Reply #728 on: July 18, 2010, 08:04:20 PM »
Lost it? ....CUB did he ever have it?

tony_montana

« Reply #729 on: July 18, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
Doesn't understand the game. I noticed years ago he doesn't "know" where and when to run hard and nothing has changed. Turn off the oven he's done - delist

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »
Lost it? ....CUB did he ever have it?

agree, he never had it...time to go

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »
I've been a massive supporter of Richie's and copped a fair bit for being so...and I don't apologies for it

But today was a shocker and even I can't come up with anything positive to say

If he is injured in any way he shouldn't be playing but they say he isn't so..... :-\

Agree MT he needs a spell in the VFL
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
I've been a massive supporter of Richie's and copped a fair bit for being so...and I don't apologies for it

But today was a shocker and even I can't come up with anything positive to say

If he is injured in any way he shouldn't be playing but they say he isn't so..... :-\

Agree MT he needs a spell in the VFL

Beat me to it WP. He has to be dropped, I can't handle anothe bronx cheers when he gets his 5th touch in the final quarter. Happens to often.

Heard a good point today that "If Blings performances were inside a Rookie or 3rd or 4th round pick he'd probably have been let go 2-3 years ago. He continually gets picked on the basis he was picked high in the draft and outputs nothing. Time to own up say we got the pick wrong and turn Tambling into a Ryan Gamble, David Armitage etc."

I've defended Bling as much as I can but I dont have the energy anymore, his output is not AFL standard and I think 6 years into the system thats beyond unacceptable.

Im sorry Bling but I think you may have played your last game for Richmond and it may be the best thing for both parties.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #733 on: July 18, 2010, 09:36:13 PM »
I'm the same as u guys but we don't have much else to cover with.

Nason and Griffiths out seemed to upset the team balance majorly and remind us all that our depth aint deep

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #734 on: July 18, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »
Funny comment on facebook I read I thought I'd share

"Richard Tambling... Is the mole"

For those who remember the Channel 7 TV show, that pretty funny gear lol.

Wouldn't be a happy guy lately Ritchie, I hope something clicks and he turns into a superstar, sadly its long odds I think.
Go Tigers!