Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132377 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #750 on: July 20, 2010, 07:23:33 AM »
During the game I thought he was handpassing alot. I have just looked at the stats which have confirmed this. No creativity. His confidence this year appears to have been totally shattered.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #751 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:29 AM »
During the game I thought he was handpassing alot. I have just looked at the stats which have confirmed this. No creativity. His confidence this year appears to have been totally shattered.

in 100 games of footy he would only have got over 20 possy's no more than a dozen games.

He must be traded. Those who think we will get a 2nd rounder in this draft are dreaming but a 3rd rounder is a good possiblity. Eagles, port can take him.

if we want clowns playing for us then we will keep Tambling come seasons end. Time to stop feeling sorry for him as im sure people down at Punt Road do. He is paid to do a job and to date he is happy to take our clubs money but most times when he crosses the white line he produces absolute rubbish like Saturday.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #752 on: July 20, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »

in 100 games of footy he would only have got over 20 possy's no more than a dozen games.
17 actually, he had 12 in 2009 alone, including 31 against Adelaide

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #753 on: July 20, 2010, 09:09:46 AM »
I think Richie has incurable Wallace-itis.

Guys like Deledio, Newman, Riewoldt have been cured, but Richie is riddled with it.

Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard. Unfortunately for Richie, Wallace has gone and we have a new easier gameplan.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: July 20, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »

wow i was 5 off the mark. How could i be so wrong?

17 out of 105 afl games for a midfielder...go figure.

Nason stats put Tambling to shame

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #755 on: July 20, 2010, 09:21:07 AM »
Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard. Unfortunately for Richie, Wallace has gone and we have a new easier gameplan.
I actually wonder if it's the opposite, I still believe he's not 100% fit, however we know Tambling has played his best when he plays on instinct and freedom. The structured defensive game I think has stifled his natural game.
The difference from last year to this year is significant enough for me to think that it can't just be mental thing.

Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5 this year (13.6 in the year he turned 21, which is Nason's age now and averages 15 disposals a game for his career so far)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #756 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:48 AM »
I actually wonder if it's the opposite, I still believe he's not 100% fit, however we know Tambling has played his best when he plays on instinct and freedom. The structured defensive game I think has stifled his natural game.
The difference from last year to this year is significant enough for me to think that it can't just be mental thing.

Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5

ooh i think you need to search a little more and then you will realise Nason has played only 15 games and was plucked from Central seconds IIRC.

He has been given a chance at AFL which Ritchie seems to take for granted.

ooh and did u forget how many goals Nason has kicked this year? Once again Nason stats make Tambling look like even more of a dud.

FooffooValve

« Reply #757 on: July 20, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »
The primary reason for Richie going so high in the draft was his blistering pace at U/18 level. I remember him playing his first NAB Cup game, arching his back, burning off a couple of players and kicking a goal from around the 50. I thought "Geez, what have we got here?"

For whatever reason, he just doesn't have that pace any more. Pity.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #758 on: July 20, 2010, 04:53:50 PM »

Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard.
Not going in hard? You have got to be joking. What a load of crap, Wayne. By the way, please show me where he "turned the ball over" on sunday. I'm after specific examples.

Secondly, brilliant work infamy. On two occasions you exposed daniel's assertions as incorrect. But does he acknowledge his mistake? No.

tony_montana

« Reply #759 on: July 20, 2010, 05:27:40 PM »

wow a whole 17? thats huge  :lol

tony_montana

« Reply #760 on: July 20, 2010, 05:30:58 PM »

Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5 this year (13.6 in the year he turned 21, which is Nason's age now and averages 15 disposals a game for his career so far)

Nason has a bigger impact on games and in the contest in his first season than tambling does in his 6th... just embarrassing. Not to mention he covers a heap more ground than him.

tony_montana

« Reply #761 on: July 20, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »

Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard.
Not going in hard? You have got to be joking. What a load of crap, Wayne. By the way, please show me where he "turned the ball over" on sunday. I'm after specific examples.

Secondly, brilliant work infamy. On two occasions you exposed daniel's assertions as incorrect. But does he acknowledge his mistake? No.

lol give me a break, wHat was daniel wrong about? he's bang on about Tambling not being a footballer, he's been disgracful. Never ceases to amaze how ppl keep sticking up for this DUD
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:07:48 PM by tony_montana »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: July 20, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »

Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5

ooh i think you need to search a little more and then you will realise Nason has played only 15 games and was plucked from Central seconds IIRC.

ooh and did u forget how many goals Nason has kicked this year? Once again Nason stats make Tambling look like even more of a dud.
I know exactly where Nason is from and how many games he's played, that has nothing to do with what you said about his stats putting Tambling's to shame. Simply they don't so stop talking out of your ass.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #763 on: July 20, 2010, 06:57:28 PM »
Gordon I'd like some evidence that Richie went in for a hard ball on Sunday. I'm after specific examples.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #764 on: July 20, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »

I know exactly where Nason is from and how many games he's played, that has nothing to do with what you said about his stats putting Tambling's to shame. Simply they don't so stop talking out of your ass.

you must be stuffin stupid or you are simply are a few cents short of a dollar.

Nason stats include 13 goals this year. How many has Ritchie got.

Last time i checked stats include goals just like kicks, handballs and anything else so you my friend are the one who is talking out of ur arse.

Please tell me again how Nason's stats dont compare favourably to Tambling. Please tell us its funny

Tambling doesnt play midfield  bla bla bla Tambling doesnt play anything. Every position he plays someone finds an excuse for him.

In almost every game this year he has struggled hence Dimma has at some point moved him forward so he had ample opportunities to score goals and hasn't. Weak as pee he is