Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132156 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #765 on: July 20, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
Agreed Ritchie's form has been terrible this year! I also think he is not fit for some reason or other! However, to call someone weak as poo is going a bit too far as i believe it takes guts just to step out and play at any level, let alone AFL! He may not be getting a kick but we should still treat him with some respect!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #766 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard. Unfortunately for Richie, Wallace has gone and we have a new easier gameplan.
I actually wonder if it's the opposite, I still believe he's not 100% fit, however we know Tambling has played his best when he plays on instinct and freedom. The structured defensive game I think has stifled his natural game.
The difference from last year to this year is significant enough for me to think that it can't just be mental thing.

wow i was 5 off the mark. How could i be so wrong?

17 out of 105 afl games for a midfielder...go figure.

Nason stats put Tambling to shame
Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5

ooh i think you need to search a little more and then you will realise Nason has played only 15 games and was plucked from Central seconds IIRC.

He has been given a chance at AFL which Ritchie seems to take for granted.

ooh and did u forget how many goals Nason has kicked this year? Once again Nason stats make Tambling look like even more of a dud.
I know exactly where Nason is from and how many games he's played, that has nothing to do with what you said about his stats putting Tambling's to shame. Simply they don't so stop talking out of your ass.

you must be effin stupid or you are simply are a few cents short of a dollar.

Nason stats include 13 goals this year. How many has Ritchie got.

Last time i checked stats include goals just like kicks, handballs and anything else so you my friend are the one who is talking out of ur behind.

Please tell me again how Nason's stats dont compare favourably to Tambling. Please tell us its funny

Tambling doesnt play midfield  bla bla bla Tambling doesnt play anything. Every position he plays someone finds an excuse for him.

In almost every game this year he has struggled hence Dimma has at some point moved him forward so he had ample opportunities to score goals and hasn't. Weak as pee he is
If all you have is that Nason has kicked more goals than Tambling, then just say that rather than say his stats put Tambling to shame. Also stop putting words into my mouth, I never said Nason's stats don't compare favourably, I said that Nason's stat's DON'T put Tambling's to shame. There is a big difference there.

If you want to compare this year's stats then here they are

Tambling Vs Nason 2010

6.0 Kicks 7.9
6.8 Handballs 4.3
12.8 Disposals 12.3
2.9 Marks 3.3
0.2 Goals 0.9
0.2 Behinds 0.3
4.9 Tackles 3.1
4.5 1%ers 3.1
1.5 Inside 50s 2.7
0.8 Rebound 50s 0.8
0.2 Goal Assists 0.3
0.7 Frees For 0.9
0.9 Frees Against 0.5
0.8 Clearances 0.3
0.8 1st Possessions 0.1
6.1 Cont Possession 4.6
8.9 Uncont Possession 8.8
73.62% Disposal Effic 72.93%
57.2 Dream Team Score Per Game 57.8
60.6 Supercoach Score Per Game 55.9
30.7 Prostats Ranking 30.8

Looks pretty similar to me

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #767 on: July 21, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »
Not going in hard? You have got to be joking. What a load of crap, Wayne. By the way, please show me where he "turned the ball over" on sunday. I'm after specific examples.
Gordon I'd like some evidence that Richie went in for a hard ball on Sunday. I'm after specific examples.
I can think of several. If you give me a day or two I would be more than happy to provide you with the specific times, in the particular quarter. Will that suffice?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #768 on: July 21, 2010, 08:43:34 AM »
Not going in hard? You have got to be joking. What a load of crap, Wayne. By the way, please show me where he "turned the ball over" on sunday. I'm after specific examples.

Hard isn't just about diving into a pack, it's about gut running and pushing yourself as hard as you can. Richie just coasts.

Well he had 82% efficiency on the weekend, but only having 11 disposals, three of them kicks, helps put the percentage up. 

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #769 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:45 AM »
Richie is out there following Wallaces game plan perfectly, running in circles, turning the ball over, not going in hard. Unfortunately for Richie, Wallace has gone and we have a new easier gameplan.
I actually wonder if it's the opposite, I still believe he's not 100% fit, however we know Tambling has played his best when he plays on instinct and freedom. The structured defensive game I think has stifled his natural game.
The difference from last year to this year is significant enough for me to think that it can't just be mental thing.

wow i was 5 off the mark. How could i be so wrong?

17 out of 105 afl games for a midfielder...go figure.

Nason stats put Tambling to shame
Tambling hasn't really been played as a midfielder for a long time and Nason's stats don't put Tambling to shame at all, he averages 12 disposals a game compared to Tambling's 12.5

ooh i think you need to search a little more and then you will realise Nason has played only 15 games and was plucked from Central seconds IIRC.

He has been given a chance at AFL which Ritchie seems to take for granted.

ooh and did u forget how many goals Nason has kicked this year? Once again Nason stats make Tambling look like even more of a dud.
I know exactly where Nason is from and how many games he's played, that has nothing to do with what you said about his stats putting Tambling's to shame. Simply they don't so stop talking out of your ass.

you must be effin stupid or you are simply are a few cents short of a dollar.

Nason stats include 13 goals this year. How many has Ritchie got.

Last time i checked stats include goals just like kicks, handballs and anything else so you my friend are the one who is talking out of ur behind.

Please tell me again how Nason's stats dont compare favourably to Tambling. Please tell us its funny

Tambling doesnt play midfield  bla bla bla Tambling doesnt play anything. Every position he plays someone finds an excuse for him.

In almost every game this year he has struggled hence Dimma has at some point moved him forward so he had ample opportunities to score goals and hasn't. Weak as pee he is
If all you have is that Nason has kicked more goals than Tambling, then just say that rather than say his stats put Tambling to shame. Also stop putting words into my mouth, I never said Nason's stats don't compare favourably, I said that Nason's stat's DON'T put Tambling's to shame. There is a big difference there.

If you want to compare this year's stats then here they are

Tambling Vs Nason 2010

6.0 Kicks 7.9
6.8 Handballs 4.3
12.8 Disposals 12.3
2.9 Marks 3.3
0.2 Goals 0.9
0.2 Behinds 0.3
4.9 Tackles 3.1
4.5 1%ers 3.1
1.5 Inside 50s 2.7
0.8 Rebound 50s 0.8
0.2 Goal Assists 0.3
0.7 Frees For 0.9
0.9 Frees Against 0.5
0.8 Clearances 0.3
0.8 1st Possessions 0.1
6.1 Cont Possession 4.6
8.9 Uncont Possession 8.8
73.62% Disposal Effic 72.93%
57.2 Dream Team Score Per Game 57.8
60.6 Supercoach Score Per Game 55.9
30.7 Prostats Ranking 30.8

Looks pretty similar to me

thats for making my point even more valid.

goals are stats and vice versa whats wrong with you. we are talking about a guy who has played 15 games and yes his stats this year have had more of an impact on our team than feel sorry for me Ritchie Tambling. Im sure 30000 of the crowd at the MCG who gave Tambling the Bronx cheers will agree with me too..

Nason a 15 game veteran vrs a 105 game player in Tambling and here we have Infamy trying to compare their stats this year. Blind Freddy can see Nason has had more of an impact on this team this year that Tambling

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #770 on: July 21, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
Would this argument be occuring if Blingers was taken at, say, number 36 in the draft?

tony_montana

« Reply #771 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
Would this argument be occuring if Blingers was taken at, say, number 36 in the draft?

no bc he would have been delisted 2 years ago....

The fact he was pick 4 is the reason so many ppl still have so much faith in him, thinking 'he obviously has the talent so will come good.'

TigerTimeII

« Reply #772 on: July 21, 2010, 09:44:37 AM »
blingers had a bad pre season, had an op on both his legs, thus has been given a different role this year

blingers is a quality bloke and player

dimma knows this

unfortunalely the rfc has many fans with their heads up their arses and poo for brains

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #773 on: July 21, 2010, 09:47:54 AM »

The fact he was pick 4 is the reason so many ppl still have so much faith in him, thinking 'he obviously has the talent so will come good.'
You are right tony m, but my point is he cops its because he was taken so highly ( and we didnt take him high then someone else would have) and thats not his fault!

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #774 on: July 21, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »

Hard isn't just about diving into a pack, it's about gut running and pushing yourself as hard as you can. Richie just coasts.

Well he had 82% efficiency on the weekend, but only having 11 disposals, three of them kicks, helps put the percentage up. 

So you can't come up with a specific example of him turning the ball over?

You said in your original post "not going in hard" -
now, in what way can diving into a pack be not included under the heading "going in hard"?

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #775 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56:53 AM »
Gordon I'd like some evidence that Richie went in for a hard ball on Sunday. I'm after specific examples.
I can think of several. If you give me a day or two I would be more than happy to provide you with the specific times, in the particular quarter. Will that suffice?
Okay, here you go, DCrane. I'll go no further than the 1st quarter:
(1)A few minutes in there's a ball up. Riewoldt goes up in the ruck and taps it towards goal. Tambling puts his head over the ball, goes in low among the knees of 2 Nth players, collects it and hanballs as he hits the ground.

(2) About 3 minutes from the end of the 1st quarter, 10 metres from goal, Collins miskicks, Riewoldt tries to grab it, ball slips loose, then against the traffic Tambling goes in head first for the ball. As Commetti commentates, "head down goes Tambling". It was the very definition of "going in hard for the ball".

Dcrane - you asked, I delivered.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #776 on: July 21, 2010, 10:54:16 AM »

its not an argument its a fact. At pick 4 or pick 40 he apart from last year 8 games has under delivered in all aspects of his game.

If we are not careful we can hold onto him till he is worthless on the open market. See Schulz and Petrified.

Does he go in hard? Yes at times yes but his circus acts are the real worry. He reminds of those umpires just flapping his arms around in
 the air demanding the ball but when he does get it he does nothing with it.

Knowing where to stand and more importantly where to run. Geez he runs directly near opposition players instead of making space.

THE BIGGEST WORRY IS THIS. HE WAS RECRUITED AS A RUNNING QUICK MIDFIELDER NOW IF HE IS FAST THEN I AM JAPANESE.

he would have to be one the slowest runners on our list. Its either that or he doesnt try hard enough. you tell me which is it?

now again X what has Dimma asked of him this year that he is delivering.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #777 on: July 21, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
Konnichiwa Daniel-san.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #778 on: July 21, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »

tony_montana

« Reply #779 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:46 AM »

You are right tony m, but my point is he cops its because he was taken so highly ( and we didnt take him high then someone else would have) and thats not his fault!

absolutely go richo 12, its not his fault he was taken at 4 and believe it or not this is not personal. Yes he was rated in the top 4-5 players of his draft, yes he would have gone to another side as a high pick regardless, but for whatever reasons he hasn't come on and developed like most expected him to.

also this is not a "not playing good enough for a top pick" cry, this a not playing well enough to have a spot at an AFL club cry. The bloke is the worst player in our side this season by a fair margin. An example of a player who doesnt get many touches is white. Havent been a fan but he's had a clear impact on five or 6 games this season, collins the same, nason the same. Tambling has been as inconsequential on the side as matt dea  was in his 3 games ie zero impact. Its sad and time to move on - nothing personal just business and knowing when to cut your losses. This is a cut throat business and a player in his 6th season who has far from established himself cannot afford to be dishing out these performances on a regular basis
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:58:56 AM by tony_montana »