Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132155 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richie Tambling threads [merged]
« Reply #780 on: July 21, 2010, 12:03:50 PM »
Would this argument be occuring if Blingers was taken at, say, number 36 in the draft?

no bc he would have been delisted 2 years ago....

The fact he was pick 4 is the reason so many ppl still have so much faith in him, thinking 'he obviously has the talent so will come good.'
You are right tony m, but my point is he cops its because he was taken so highly ( and we didnt take him high then someone else would have) and thats not his fault!

absolutely go richo 12, its not his fault he was taken at 4 and believe it or not this is not personal. Yes he was rated in the top 4-5 players of his draft, yes he would have gone to another side as a high pick regardless, but for whatever reasons he hasn't come on and developed like most expected him to.

also this is not a "not playing good enough for a top pick" cry, this a not playing well enough to have a spot at an AFL club cry. The bloke is the worst player in our side this season by a fair margin. An example of a player who doesnt get many touches is white. Havent been a fan but he's had a clear impact on five or 6 games this season, collins the same, nason the same. Tambling has been as inconsequential on the side as matt dea  was in his 3 games ie zero impact. Its sad and time to move on - nothing personal just business and knowing when to cut your losses
All good Tony M! :thumbsup I never thought you were getting personal with him and believe it or not but i think he has been terrible too and agree with you on most issues although i believe there must be an underlying issue, perhaps injury, that may be a factor!
Although you, and others, have every right to believe he should be moved on i just think some posters are voicing this opinion (you are not one of them) and getting a little personal purely out of frustration at him not living up to expectations that a high pick carry! I mean calling him weak as pee is a little over the top considering most people would soil their pants at the sight of some bloke steaming toward them on the AFL footy field!
I think the fact that most other clubs rated him very highly and yet he has not lived up to it is more indicative of our failure to develop players in the past! This group can add Polo, Rance, Jon (although in reality he was never going to make it!) to its ranks!

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #781 on: July 21, 2010, 08:50:45 PM »
Not going in hard? You have got to be joking. What a load of crap, Wayne. By the way, please show me where he "turned the ball over" on sunday. I'm after specific examples.
Gordon I'd like some evidence that Richie went in for a hard ball on Sunday. I'm after specific examples.
I can think of several. If you give me a day or two I would be more than happy to provide you with the specific times, in the particular quarter. Will that suffice?
Okay, here you go, DCrane. I'll go no further than the 1st quarter:
(1)A few minutes in there's a ball up. Riewoldt goes up in the ruck and taps it towards goal. Tambling puts his head over the ball, goes in low among the knees of 2 Nth players, collects it and hanballs as he hits the ground.

(2) About 3 minutes from the end of the 1st quarter, 10 metres from goal, Collins miskicks, Riewoldt tries to grab it, ball slips loose, then against the traffic Tambling goes in head first for the ball. As Commetti commentates, "head down goes Tambling". It was the very definition of "going in hard for the ball".s like yo

Dcrane - you asked, I delivered.

Thanks Gordon, that's great that he did that. I'm serious, I must have missed the first one but ok I do remember the 2nd. It would be even better if he went for a hard ball and won it. If you go in for a hard ball, and don't win it, then you are no better than say a Tim Fleming.
Jake King can put his head under a pack too. I wonder if he will get 105 games.
Most of Tambling's games have not been earnt. Putting his head under a pack twice per quarter isn't what most people would call 'going in hard' btw.It's merely looking like you are doing work so you can collect your pay (and that is an area that I am highly qualified to comment on)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #782 on: July 22, 2010, 08:34:10 AM »
this tamnling bashing has become effing ridiculous

all u wankers should pull ur heads in

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: July 22, 2010, 08:53:18 AM »
this tamnling bashing has become effing ridiculous

all u wankers should pull ur heads in

With all due respect X, I don't think it has got anywhere near the dizzy levels of bashing Bowden, Johnson and McMahon in their heyday!!   ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Aker on Tambling (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #784 on: August 04, 2010, 12:43:09 AM »
Downlow 2010 - Jason Akermanis rates the players who have gone missing in 2010

* Jason Akermanis
    * August 04, 2010

Jason Akermanis gives his votes on the players who have gone missing this year.

Footballing form is a mysterious beast.

No one has seen form walking down the street and stopped to ask questions, yet we all seem to know what it is.

And I'm sure some very capable players would love to know just where their form has gone this year.

What is going on with Dean Cox, Brendan Fevola, Richard Tambling, Justin Koschitzke, Nathan Bock, Mitch Clark, Ryan O'Keefe, Brett Kirk and Justin Sherman?

RICHARD TAMBLING, Richmond

HE has been a good enough player for a very short time.

Once he freed his mind last year, his form started to resemble the output of the highly rated junior he once was.

Consistency is the best currency in this sport.

While I love his dash, his foot skills are only OK if there is running pressure around him.

With time and space he can look good, but the faster he has to run then kick, the more his short, medium and long kicks became turnovers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jason-akermanis-rates-the-players-who-have-gone-missing-in-2010/story-e6frf9ox-1225900796844

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #785 on: August 04, 2010, 02:16:15 AM »
will tambling be part of the back 6 next season?

FB: Newman - Thursfeid - Tambling
HB: Astbury - Deledio - Connors

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #786 on: August 04, 2010, 08:11:44 AM »
will tambling be part of the back 6 next season?

FB: Newman - Thursfeid - Tambling
HB: Astbury - Deledio - Connors

Moore would be a better option than Thursfield in that back 6.  With Moore in, there would be a hell of a lot of run generated from that backline - not enough height maybe but stacks of run and carry.

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #787 on: August 06, 2010, 04:12:49 PM »
Has anyone else heard the rumour that Rt has signed on another 2 years?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #788 on: August 06, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »
I think he signed a three year contract in the second half of last year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #789 on: August 07, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »

I asked Chutney and Chut said what tucker has typed - has another 2 years

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #790 on: August 07, 2010, 07:47:24 PM »

Thanks Guys! How did he a contract that long?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: August 07, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »
Because he is on the cusp of becoming a super footballer

Anyway that's what X reckons

Ox

« Reply #792 on: August 07, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »

With all due respect X, I don't think it has got anywhere near the dizzy levels of bashing Bowden, Johnson  in their heyday!!   ;D

those were great times......*sighs*

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #793 on: August 08, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »

And somebody  was saying that with our new regime we no longer persist with duds, hoping that they'll one day blossom :(

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #794 on: August 10, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »
[Comment From John John : ]
Robbo - Tamblings days at Richmond must be numbered? 

Tuesday August 10, 2010 12:33 John 
12:33  Rumor has it GC-bound but I don't know why the GC would go after him. Is struggling badly, maybe the worst of his career 

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do