Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132706 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: "We won't see Tambling again this year cause he's lazy" - Walls
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2007, 01:42:54 AM »
People will probably disagree but I reckon Blingers has taken another little step over the past 2 games. Good to see him at the bottom of packs.

Just two things Richie. You don't play on and try to weave around and beat the whole opposition all by yourself. And watch the hips of your opponent so they don't get around you.

Sorry to disagree - he was one of the few disappointments on the night - too many errors and plays like he's still in the under 18s. A long way to go yet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »
People will probably disagree but I reckon Blingers has taken another little step over the past 2 games. Good to see him at the bottom of packs.

Just two things Richie. You don't play on and try to weave around and beat the whole opposition all by yourself. And watch the hips of your opponent so they don't get around you.

Sorry to disagree - he was one of the few disappointments on the night - too many errors and plays like he's still in the under 18s. A long way to go yet.
No doubt Tambo has a long long way to go yet mjs but I thought he took a step forward with his in close work where we want him to play. He wasn't just a receiver. It was out in space where he made those silly play on errors.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »
I'm with MT, tambo showed some signs.

really liked his one-percenters which probably went unnoticed

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2007, 08:09:02 AM »
he showed great signs

tambo is an inside onballer, he is very nimble with his sideway agility, but he just seems to be better when playing inside and in tight.  he released many contested tight balls for us and will get better with confidence

the problem is not blingers, the problem was terry not playing him inside cos if his size and tried to turn him into this outside runner.

dont worry about his size, keep him inside and you watch hime be a great help to foley, and did you all notice that when tambling played in the guts and in tight with foley, did you all see how much better tuck looked! tuck also played his best game for the yr , because he had foley as usual there, but blingers helping them trying to do the hard stuff to get the hard ball out!

tambling will be ok, next yr he will be a dominant midfielder

watch this space

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2007, 09:09:47 PM »

Totally agree MT - posted oit on the other thread.

Thought it was his best game doing the of hardball get/contested footy stuff. His work in the 3rd & 4th quarters was excellent

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richie Tambling
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2007, 10:30:57 PM »
People keep bagging him but Tambo in the second half was very good tonight. Got touched up by Kerr early on but after half-time and especially once he kicked that ripper of a goal on his left foot you could see his confidence and belief lift and he gave us plenty of run and pace through the midfield and his skill level was right on.

Bull

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2007, 10:38:13 PM »
Good signs tonight.

Been a tough year for him, especially with all of the comparisons with Buddy etc.

If he can build on tonight look out.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »
bloody buddy, if it weren't for him Richie wouldn't be crucified all the time, esp by wallsy  :banghead

anyways, Richie looked good tonight. Early on didn't do much but 2nd half really lifted and that goal was something special  :clapping

lets hope he builds on some solid performances in the past couple weeks  :pray

Ramps

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »
Wallace should make some exceptions for Tambling, by that I mean, Tambling needs to be told...just play footy son and dont worry about all the technical stuff the coaches probably go on with. Let the boy PLAY the way he wants and the way he knows how. Dont feed his head with crap, let him do it on instinct. Hes an aboriginal boy, let the kid play, I betyas he find  his way through the maze. It may cost us sometimes, but he'll start doing stuff more often that will amaze us. Hes a confidence player, let him loose, take him off the leash and let the kid play the way he wants.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:30:27 PM by Ramps »

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2007, 12:38:01 PM »
Wallace should make some exceptions for Tambling, by that I mean, Tambling needs to be told...just play footy son and dont worry about all the technical stuff the coaches probably go on with. Let the boy PLAY the way he wants and the way he knows how. Dont feed his head with crap, let him do it on instinct. Hes an aboriginal boy, let the kid play, I betyas he find  his way through the maze. It may cost us sometimes, but he'll start doing stuff more often that will amaze us. Hes a confidence player, let him loose, take him off the lease and let the kid play the way he wants.

:clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
We'll stand firm: Tambling (RFC)
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2007, 03:36:23 PM »
We'll stand firm: Tambling
2:26 PM Sun 19 August, 2007
By Matt Brown
for richmondfc.com.au

DESPITE their ordinary 2007 season, the Tigers have made a commitment that they won’t take a backward step against any AFL opponent, according to young on-baller Richard Tambling.

Tambling said the Tigers showed great character in their 31-point loss against the more fancied West Coast Eagles at Subiaco Oval on Saturday night.

The lightly-framed Tambling again showed glimpses of his enormous potential with 18 disposals and 10 marks. But his main contribution to the highlight reel was a sparkling on-the-run goal from 50 metres which put the Tigers within nine points of the Eagles late in the third quarter.

“I’ve been told ever since I got to the club that the coaches and the players love me taking people on,” Tambling said.

“So I just grabbed the ball, handed off to Shane Tuck and called for it back. And I saw a little gap and tried to run into it and I just let fly at it.”

While Tambling created his chance out of nothing, the Tigers’ failure to take full advantage of their chances in front of goal cost them dearly.

“We’re definitely disappointed with the loss. We had our chances in the last quarter and all through the game, but we just missed our opportunities in front of goal,” Tambling said.

“The boys worked pretty hard, the midfield ran pretty hard and stuck with them, but we just couldn’t nail our chances when we had them.”

Tambling says the Tigers’ ability to fight their way back into the game after conceding five unanswered goals in the second quarter was a sign of their growing maturity as a playing group.

“The last few weeks, all we’ve been focusing on is man-on-man footy - go out there and beat your man and that’s about it,” he said.

“I personally didn’t realise they’d kicked five straight, but we just wanted to play man-on-man footy and that got us back in the game and the boys fought it out well.

“And the impression that I get from the boys is we’re not going to have any blowout games, so we’re just going to try harder every week.

“We’re not going to take a step back from anyone.”

Tambling says the Tigers’ leadership group should take the credit for the team’s renewed spirit.

“It’s been a tough year, obviously, but the leadership group have fought their hearts out to try to keep the team together and they’ve done it pretty well. The group is feeling pretty good.

“We’ve just got to work harder and finish off the season and then come back for a big pre-season.”

Tambling said it was important for the Tigers to end the year strongly because they know they have the base to build on next year.

“Look at Nathan Foley. He’s just one of the younger boys who is playing good footy. Jake King is another,” he said.

“They’re coming through and playing really tough and hard footy, and that gives us something to work with so that next year the whole 22 players who run out on the field can contribute to more wins and a Tiger resurgence.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=49351

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2007, 09:47:13 PM »
Good signs tonight.

Been a tough year for him, especially with all of the comparisons with Buddy etc.

thought he's really increased his workrate in the past few weeks.....although he got towelled up by kerr in the 1st half..i mean...c'mon...there aren't too many guys in the afl who doesn't get towelled up by kerr....despite all that...i felt he really worked hard in the 1st half...chased, and ran into space to present....that's good signs....showed that he's really willing to work hard.....keep it up richie!!!!....the talent is certainly there.....another good pre-season to get his fitness base up and to put a bit more muscle on so he can break the tackles now....then it's all goood!!

Ox

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »
he has to stop his "stop/start" approach to taking on runners.

Might have worked up nth as a kid but it wont here

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2007, 10:00:14 PM »
he has to stop his "stop/start" approach to taking on runners.

Might have worked up nth as a kid but it wont here

yep, get the ball and blast away, who gives a stuff if he gets caught every now and then

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2007, 11:28:46 PM »
Good signs tonight.

thought he's really increased his workrate in the past few weeks.....although he got towelled up by kerr in the 1st half..i mean...c'mon...there aren't too many guys in the afl who doesn't get towelled up by kerr....despite all that...i felt he really worked hard in the 1st half...chased, and ran into space to present....that's good signs....showed that he's really willing to work hard.....keep it up richie!!!!....the talent is certainly there.....another good pre-season to get his fitness base up and to put a bit more muscle on so he can break the tackles now....then it's all goood!!
Agree peggles. Getting dropped a few weeks back seems to be the tonic Blingers needed. He also doesn't seem concerned about his shoulder since coming back either. He's willing to throw himself in the bottom of contests and win the footy.

The one thing I still believe Blingers needs to work on is the defensive aspects of the game. Not only tackling (reading the hips) but just not overcommitting himself too early at centre bounces and getting hurt the other way by gun midfielders like Kerr. Kerr is so destructive because he stands defensive side of the contest and then times his runs perfectly that he's at full tilt when he hits loose ball and he's away and out into free space before his opponent can do anything about it. Blingers got lost out of position a couple of times under the bouncedowns while Kerr waited just that fraction longer to read the tap and then go. It'll come together for Tambo with more experience in the midfield. Sure he's no Franklin but they are completely different footballers playing completely different positions anyway.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd