Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132133 times)

tony_montana

Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal
« Reply #915 on: September 11, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »
Ok so he's got another 2 years, does anyone know if he will be there 100% ready for day 1 of preseason? or will the surgery keep him off the track for longer? bc the only thing worse than giving this guy a new contract is having to go through another year of excuses for bad form.  :rollin

Offline aetherunknown

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #916 on: September 11, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »
Sorry guys but I have to say hugely disappointed with this result.

Here is to Tambo in 2011 being able to appease anyones expectations from past to future ones now inherent.

NO MORE EXCUSES.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #917 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
KB on his show this morning said we're going to put Tambling up for trade and he most likely will end up at Brisbane. It sounds like he's been reading BF.

gerkin greg

« Reply #918 on: September 15, 2010, 08:52:46 PM »
Totally agree Smokey, need to put on some size or he will get left behind.

Problem is he's struggled to do that. Wouldn't be surprised if Astbury starts 2011 bigger.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #919 on: September 15, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
Ok so he's got another 2 years, does anyone know if he will be there 100% ready for day 1 of preseason? or will the surgery keep him off the track for longer? bc the only thing worse than giving this guy a new contract is having to go through another year of excuses for bad form.  :rollin

Totally agree Tony. :thumbsup

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #920 on: September 15, 2010, 09:30:55 PM »
KB on his show this morning said we're going to put Tambling up for trade and he most likely will end up at Brisbane. It sounds like he's been reading BF.

Pick 10 would be nice...  :pray
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #921 on: September 15, 2010, 10:16:23 PM »

? Didn't Tambling recently sign a Two Year Contract?

???

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #922 on: September 15, 2010, 10:23:01 PM »

???

Err... yeah as the thread title suggests. Although as I have mentioned it wasn't done recently it was done late last year but anyway I digrese

Just becasue you have a contract doesn't mean you still can't get put up for trade. The only thing is a contracted player must agree to any trade if he doesn't then he doesn't go anywhere

So in Tambling's case to be traded he would need to agree to it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #923 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »

???

Err... yeah as the thread title suggests. Although as I have mentioned it wasn't done recently it was done late last year but anyway I digrese

Just becasue you have a contract doesn't mean you still can't get put up for trade. The only thing is a contracted player must agree to any trade if he doesn't then he doesn't go anywhere

So in Tambling's case to be traded he would need to agree to it

So the contract is believed to be? Or ??? Why sign then? Would there be more money for him if he gets traded?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #924 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:22 PM »
IMO for Tambling to be put up for trade after signing a 2 year deal with us and having to go through the process of trying to be traded and ending up staying... Well IMO it would totally shatter him as a person and a footballer. If we think the Buddy trade affected him imagine how he would feel after a trade bungle.

I am happy for Tambling to play out this year totally fit and free of injury, if he can't get it together then, well fine. If he cant and we move him on and still have to pay out a year on his contract then so be it. :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #925 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »
So the contract is believed to be? Or ??? Why sign then? Would there be more money for him if he gets traded?

He is contracted for a further 2 years - set in stone definite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he was to be traded the club he goes to takes over his contract either all of the $$$ or the majority it depends on the trade. And if he was traded and the new club offered him a further extension on the current 2 years then yes it may involve more money
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling's future at Punt Rd all but over (Australian)
« Reply #926 on: September 16, 2010, 02:41:24 AM »
Richard Tambling's future at Punt Road appears all but over following interest from several clubs, including Essendon.

Tambling, 24, is contracted for another two years, but it is believed the Tigers are amenable to a trade.

The first-round national draft selection in 2004 has played 108 games in six seasons.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/richmond-hunts-dons-midfielder/story-e6frg7mf-1225924289184

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #927 on: September 16, 2010, 06:19:30 AM »
Greg is often right.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #928 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:44 AM »
sounds like a direct swap for houli

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #929 on: September 16, 2010, 07:01:38 AM »
sounds like a direct swap for houli

No way, surely he is worth at least a second round draft pick and a player. I like the sound of Sherman and pick 30 :cheers
Although Houli and pick 29 would suffice :lol