Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132130 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »
I said this earlierand will say it again.

Tambling is contracted for him to be traded he has to agree...if he don't agree then he stays

Don't lose sight of that little FACT  ;D people
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2010, 09:53:19 PM »
If and I mean if we trade Tambling we would need a good player and a first round pick in, a pick under 12, otherwise we have been screwed IMO.

You would have to be joking.
No way he is worth a first round pick, his currency isnt that good

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #947 on: September 16, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
If and I mean if we trade Tambling we would need a good player and a first round pick in, a pick under 12, otherwise we have been screwed IMO.

Ok I will repeat myself for you.

Trying to be optomistic for a change, instead of continualy taking crap for our players that we took so early in drafts. Ala Ottens, we got screwed there and have been ever since. Why can't we push the trade boundries like we have been pushed over the years, or should we just take it up the behind again... are you laughing from all all the past trade years???

Like WP says he has to agree too.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #948 on: September 16, 2010, 09:58:28 PM »

Trying to be optomistic for a change, instead of continualy taking crap for our players that we took so early in drafts. Ala Ottens, we got screwed there and have been ever since. Why can't we push the trade boundries like we have been pushed over the years, or should we just take it up the behind again... are you laughing from all all the past trade years???

Have to say WAT we didn't get screwed with the Ottens deal as we got 2 first round picks for him which was a good deal. I think what happened is most people would think we screwed up in our selections when using the picks.....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #949 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:27 PM »

Look at the picks that were used to get Lovett to StKilda and Williams to Essendon

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: September 16, 2010, 10:02:45 PM »

Have to say WAT we didn't get screwed with the Ottens deal as we got 2 first round picks for him which was a good deal. I think what happened is most people would think we screwed up in our selections when using the picks.....

Yeah Infamy said the same when I brought that up last year... I don't know, I know we stuffed the picks up but really I would have thought he was worth more, perhaps at the time, but hey thats what I thought then, and in hindsight still do. :-\

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #951 on: September 16, 2010, 10:04:24 PM »

Look at the picks that were used to get Lovett to StKilda and Williams to Essendon

What were they please mate??

"Rucks:

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:22 PM »

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

A 1st round pick AND a good player.

What do you actually think he is worth?

We are living in fantasy land if we think the above suggestion is any possible remote chance.

sorry pal you are wrong we did not get screwed in that ottens.

No one told us to draft Meyer and Pattision, we brought that on ourselves.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: September 16, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

We are living in fantasy land if we think the above suggestion is any possible remote chance.

god they were a useless pair. 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: September 16, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

No worries, read the rest of my post too.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #955 on: September 16, 2010, 11:57:02 PM »
We could end up with just Lids remaining from the 2004 National draft after this trade period if Blingers and McGuane are traded and Polo is delisted  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:42 AM »

What were they please mate??

Pick 16.  Essendon got that for Lovett and then traded it to Hawthorn for Williams.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #957 on: September 17, 2010, 07:59:26 AM »
We could end up with just Lids remaining from the 2004 National draft after this trade period if Blingers and McGuane are traded and Polo is delisted  :P.

It would be all Jackson's fault.   ::)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

True WP. Also, ottens wanted out and had recently had back surgery. It took him two years before he was playing anything remotely like decent footy and i don't believe he has shown consistently, the potential he showed before his back injury. It was a good trade we just stuffed up what we did with the picks.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #959 on: September 17, 2010, 11:36:16 AM »
I don't think we really stuffed the picks up that much. At the time we chose players to fit our needs with those later picks, unfortunatly it was one of the shallowest drafts of all time, the players we picked just never came on. If you have a good look back at that draft from pick 12 (Meyer) there are only about 5 or 6 guys that have really done anything! and of that lot Shermin at pick 45 would the the pick of them. In hindsight the biggest mistake we made in that draft was not going for a key position player with our second pick (Buddy :D)