Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 132129 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tambling gets new 2 year deal / but most likely to be traded out [merged]
« Reply #960 on: September 17, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
From what I'm hearing Tambling could be used as part of a trade to secure Mundy.....Western Australian team appear very keen to obtain Tambling who they feels talent is far from realized at Richmond.  :-\

Ramps

« Reply #961 on: September 17, 2010, 01:01:17 PM »
ID PREFER to see tambling at Freo or WCE rather than an essendon.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #962 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:01 PM »
What your club needs in trade week
Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
September 17, 2010 12:44PM

WHO would have thought anyone in football would ever utter these words: Richmond should be desperate to hang on to Richard Tambling.

Finally the Tigers are believed to be open to the possibility of trading him, feeling he may never reach his full potential.

The problem is too many Tigers have done exactly that when they leave the club - Jay Schulz, Brad Ottens and David Rodan among them.

The Tigers would at best get a second-round pick for former No. 4 draft pick Tambling - something in the 40s or 50s most likely.

For a player who only turned 24 this week, surely there is more upside in keeping him.

The point has been made that the club's new redevelopment at Punt Road was gained by funding lobbied for by indigenous role model Tambling.

Clubs are more brutal than that - if it's their time to go, then they go.

But Tambling as a player is actually the type that Richmond needs - quick outside line-breakers who can go forward and kick goals.

We don't see it nearly enough from Tambling but surely his trade value has never been lower.

Why not give him one more year and then trade him if he can't get his act together next year?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-why-do-people-hate-on-harry/story-e6frf9jf-1225920718084

Ramps

« Reply #963 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:46 PM »
What your club needs in trade week
Jon Ralph
Herald Sun
September 17, 2010 12:44PM

WHO would have thought anyone in football would ever utter these words: Richmond should be desperate to hang on to Richard Tambling.

Finally the Tigers are believed to be open to the possibility of trading him, feeling he may never reach his full potential.

The problem is too many Tigers have done exactly that when they leave the club - Jay Schulz, Brad Ottens and David Rodan among them.

The Tigers would at best get a second-round pick for former No. 4 draft pick Tambling - something in the 40s or 50s most likely.

For a player who only turned 24 this week, surely there is more upside in keeping him.

The point has been made that the club's new redevelopment at Punt Road was gained by funding lobbied for by indigenous role model Tambling.

Clubs are more brutal than that - if it's their time to go, then they go.

But Tambling as a player is actually the type that Richmond needs - quick outside line-breakers who can go forward and kick goals.

We don't see it nearly enough from Tambling but surely his trade value has never been lower.

Why not give him one more year and then trade him if he can't get his act together next year?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-buzz-why-do-people-hate-on-harry/story-e6frf9jf-1225920718084

Ralph being a Richmond supporter understands ... the supporters understand why not the management?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: September 17, 2010, 01:47:11 PM »
From what I'm hearing Tambling could be used as part of a trade to secure Mundy.....Western Australian team appear very keen to obtain Tambling who they feels talent is far from realized at Richmond.  :-\

Well they would be right, his talent is far from realised, but my suspicion is it may not ever be. His greatest weakness is probably the most important area, between the ears. Add to that needing serious surgery on both calves and then 6 months later needing both hips operated then swapping him for mundy, on current form, is an instant upgrade. Perhaps they could throw in rance and pick 6 to get pick 4 as well.  ;D

If tambling goes elswhere and shows consistantly what he is capable of ....then good luck to him.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #965 on: September 17, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »
Do you think Brock McLeans value was at it's highest when Carlton gave away #11 for him.

If a team thinks it needs a player like Tambling, they'll do what they can to get him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #966 on: September 17, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
Ralph being a Richmond supporter understands ... the supporters understand why not the management?

Trading Tambling is just a rumour. Don't take it too seriously, you simply don't know what the club is thinking. These things have a way of gaining momentum. Might be true, might not.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #967 on: September 17, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »
.......feeling he may never reach his full potential.

Who is "them"? Those 3 are it, there aren't any others.  ???
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: September 17, 2010, 04:17:30 PM »
Yep , a crap lack of research statement. For starters Ottens was All Australian in 2001 playing for Richmond. Has he been AA for Geelong ? Can't say he didn't reach his full potential at Richmond.
Schulz ? well Geez how long do you hang onto a bloke for waiting in hope. I really doubt you can blame Richmond for his lack of developlment.
Rodan , give me a break , the bloke did his knee and couldn't get a kick in the magoos the whole next season. Hardly richmond's fault
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #969 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #970 on: September 17, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
Yep , a crap lack of research statement. For starters Ottens was All Australian in 2001 playing for Richmond. Has he been AA for Geelong ? Can't say he didn't reach his full potential at Richmond.
Schulz ? well Geez how long do you hang onto a bloke for waiting in hope. I really doubt you can blame Richmond for his lack of developlment.
Rodan , give me a break , the bloke did his knee and couldn't get a kick in the magoos the whole next season. Hardly richmond's fault

Rodan should have been given more time to recover from a knee reco. Schulz played some good games with us, some ok games and some bad ones. How many times did the dude play as a full forward all game for us instead of playing in about 3 different positions though? Not many. He's a full forward not a wingman/halfback/half forward. They are guys who had poo coaches and were not developed well. They take some of the blame and so do the guys who coached them.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #971 on: September 17, 2010, 04:44:19 PM »
I don't think we really stuffed the picks up that much. At the time we chose players to fit our needs with those later picks, unfortunatly it was one of the shallowest drafts of all time, the players we picked just never came on. If you have a good look back at that draft from pick 12 (Meyer) there are only about 5 or 6 guys that have really done anything! and of that lot Shermin at pick 45 would the the pick of them. In hindsight the biggest mistake we made in that draft was not going for a key position player with our second pick (Buddy :D)

we used the picks from the ottens trade on Danny Meyer and Adam Patterson  ???
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #972 on: September 17, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »
not many supporters down punt road road chanting We Want Ritchie!

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #973 on: September 17, 2010, 05:36:57 PM »
Apparently X is down there

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy