Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 231092 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: August 04, 2022, 04:52:40 PM »
Would you bring him back for a prelim or GF if he hadn't played? Don't think so. He's done for the year.

I would.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1216 on: August 04, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »
stuffin Burge you stupid stuff.

This sucks for Grimes himself.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1217 on: August 04, 2022, 06:32:21 PM »
Would you bring him back for a prelim or GF if he hadn't played? Don't think so. He's done for the year.

No I wouldn't.

Not if we had a fit gibcus, Balta, Broad, Miller and Tarrant.

His form hasn't been great anyway.

Get fit for 2023.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1218 on: August 15, 2022, 02:57:02 AM »
Hardwick said co-captain Dylan Grimes will meet with his surgeon on Wednesday to discuss the timeline on returning from his hamstring injury.

Source: RFC website.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1219 on: August 15, 2022, 10:53:18 AM »
I don't think the captaincy suits him .

Trying to play it tough like Cotchin - just became undisciplined. 
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1220 on: August 15, 2022, 04:50:49 PM »
Sounds like he wouldn’t be back until the 2nd/3rd week of finals at the earliest which are 4-5 weeks away if we make it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Grimes on track for full pre-season (Age)
« Reply #1221 on: November 19, 2022, 09:58:13 PM »
Grimes on track for full pre-season

Jon Pierik
The Age
19 November 2022

Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes has impressed club medical staff in his recovery from surgery and is ready to complete a full pre-season.

Grimes, 31, required hamstring surgery in August after he was hurt in the round-20 clash against Brisbane at the MCG. He missed the final three home-and-away games and what was the season-ending loss to the Lions in an elimination final at the Gabba.

The veteran defender has a history of hamstring issues, so understood what awaited in his recovery.

Tigers officials say he has been running and recovering well and will join in full training when the senior group officially resumes later this month.

Grimes remains a key part of the Tigers’ premiership plans, and his composure was missed late in the season.

Ahead of his 200th game in June, Grimes opened up about his hamstring battles, revealing he had been on the verge of retirement before his second hamstring tendon surgery a decade ago.

Between 2011-13, Grimes managed to play just 25 of a possible 67 senior games because of hamstring issues, and was sent to Germany to spend time with German doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt for expert treatment.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sport/afl/hawk-greats-back-nankivell-presidency-bid-tigers-co-captain-on-track-20221119-p5bzl8.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1222 on: December 20, 2022, 07:09:42 PM »
Grimesy interviewed on 9news.

- Hopes to captain again.

- Backs our recruiting (in bringing in Taranto & Hopper). It worked with Nank, Prestia, Caddy and Grigg who are all premiership players.

- Focused on new training method after doing his hammy which ended his year in September.

- "We've got a new fitness coach and a new weights coach as well. So, we're pretty much throwing the kitchen sink at it really. I probably didn't de-load as much as I normally would've over the break. So, just tried to maintain fitness over the off-season.

- "He's [Dusty] in good nick and in a great headspace and seems to be really happy around the Club"

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1605109475756675073

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1223 on: December 21, 2022, 05:39:27 AM »
Grimes on his return post-hammy and preparation for 2023:

Grimes said he was cleared of his own injury about a week after Richmond’s narrow elimination final defeat and was buoyant about his fitness after adopting a different pre-season approach.

“It was my third bout of hammy surgery now, so we’ve got a bit of an idea of what to do,” he said.

“But, having said that, we’ve got a new fitness coach and new weights coach as well, so we’re throwing pretty much the kitchen sink at it, really.

“Most of the stuff that’s been different has been in the gym ... [and] I probably didn’t de-load as much as I normally would over the break and just tried to maintain fitness, so coming back there wouldn’t be that lag.”

Captaincy:

The Tigers are yet to make a captaincy call after Grimes and Toby Nankervis served as co-captains last season in the wake of Trent Cotchin stepping down.

Grimes will happily take on the role again, but said they were “blessed” with many options.

“When you look at some of the players we’ve got at the club, with Trent and Jack [Riewoldt] and such established leaders there, but [also] there are some young leaders coming through,” he said.

“My role as a leader won’t change a great deal, whether I’m captain or not.”

Thoughts on our recruiting:

The Tigers made their intentions clear when they off-loaded a bevy of high draft picks this year and next to bring in established midfielders Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper from the Giants.

They handed both players seven-year deals, and the moves have been compared to Hawthorn’s recruitment of on-ball stars Jaeger O’Meara and Tom Mitchell at the end of 2016, as the Hawks tried to remain in flag contention.

O’Meara and Mitchell were coincidentally traded again in the most-recent trade period, with Hawthorn in rebuild mode.

But Grimes backed Richmond’s aggressive list strategy, saying Hartley and co’s track record demanded respect.

“I feel like the list management have proven their success in that way,” he said.

“You look back, and you’ve got Dion [Prestia], [Josh] Caddy, Nankervis and Shaun Grigg, who played in premiership years for us, so it’s hard to question their method when they’ve got those kinds of results on the board.”

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/bolton-re-signs-with-tigers-as-grimes-puts-hand-up-for-captaincy-20221219-p5c7hz.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1224 on: March 18, 2023, 08:19:14 PM »
Grimes again was the general in Richmond’s backline, finishing the match with 12 disposals, five marks, six intercepts, three crucial spoils and four one-percenters.

Despite missing key, tall defenders in rock-solid veteran Robbie Tarrant and talented youngster Josh Gibcus, the Richmond backs were able to restrict the Blues to an overall total of only 8.10 (58), with their dangerous duo, reigning Coleman Medallist, Charlie Curnow, and Harry McKay, managing just four goals between them.

“It’s kind of what you look for early in the season, that cohesion, that back seven to click,” Grimes said in a post-game interview on Channel Seven.

“At times, I felt we really connected as a back seven. And there’s opportunities for growth going forward . . .

“Those two players (Tarrant and Grimes) are quality players, so when they come back, I think it will help us a lot. But, having said that, I’m pretty proud of the boys that played down there tonight.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1284885/grimes-pride-in-tiger-backs

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1225 on: April 08, 2023, 08:36:37 PM »
This season has been the worst I’ve seen him play all career.

Too many dumb decision making and poor disposals have killed us at times.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1226 on: April 08, 2023, 08:40:43 PM »
Why  does he love to kick across goal in the wet?..

That’s not his go.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1227 on: April 09, 2023, 05:38:34 AM »
'We know our system stands up' - Grimes

Dylan Grimes speaks with Richmond Media following the Round 4 loss against the Bulldogs.

WATCH: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1302893/-we-know-our-system-stands-up-grimes

Broadsword

« Reply #1228 on: April 09, 2023, 05:52:54 AM »
I don't think we do know that anymore tbh.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 09:45:52 AM by Broadsword »

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1229 on: April 09, 2023, 08:55:46 AM »
That line hasn’t been relevant since 2020. Mainly because we can’t implement our system for more than 2 quarters of a game. Seriously 8 goals in 1 quarter and 4 in the other 3 compared is just crazy.