Author Topic: Hardwick on SEN this Thursday with KB  (Read 6973 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Hardwick on SEN this Thursday with KB
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:11 AM »
You would think Martin and Griffiths were on our radar with our first two picks. I'm guessing the player missed was probably around our mid-late picks.

A pretty good interview from Hardwick all up. He's trying to keep expectations low saying this year is all about development and without saying so didn't disagree when KB said finals is out of the question.

Glad to hear he's going to back the cubs and debut a lot of them. He seems to have plenty of faith in Astbury and Griffiths this year to mention them a couple times as our key forward options.

Not surprised but still it's incredible to hear we now have a full-time weights coach for the first time ever. Just shows we were still under-resourced even up to last year.

Good to hear we're at the minimum TPP and the savings ploughed into development. With a few older players still to get the flick at the end of the year we should have plenty of salary cap room. Obviously Hardwick's put the heat on Connors, Polo and Hislop to show why they should be kept.

Btw Hardwick loves using the catchphrase "going forward" doesn't he  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »
Btw Hardwick loves using the catchphrase "going forward" doesn't he  ;D

Yes well he sure wouldn't want to look backwards at the Tigers. Give the poor fella nightmares. Does he twitch everytime he says "going forward"?  ;D

Ramps

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:10 PM »
hes trying to change the attitudes that exist in the supporters, the people who work at the club and the players. Its a good strategy.

11th premiership
going forward
sustained period of success

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 01:09:38 PM »
He's trying to keep expectations low

That's some funny schit right there ......

He's a comedian to boot  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Here's the audio of Hardwick's interview with KB

http://111.223.226.5/node/3128

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

Not surprised but still it's incredible to hear we now have a full-time weights coach for the first time ever. Just shows we were still under-resourced even up to last year.

pretty clear on the results of that to looking at pics of Moore and Rance..
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »
pretty certain Dea  was a target.just not sure weather we wanted him at pick 44.
 people i trust say we were very keen on him. in fact wasnt there an article about jackson going crook because he got u 18 games late in the season and went alright. i believe we had a player pencilled in at 44 but got wind brisbane were takeing Dea at 47 and the rest is history.

clearly martin was a target as was griffiths who trained with us. i know jackson liked tapscott a lot so did a lot of people. thing is if tapscott was there at 19 it means we were prepared to miss on griffiths.
personally i rated 3 mids in front of griffiths and both talls  carlisle and black. but i have had to admit i havent seen a lot of any of the kids this yr and my opinion is not informed.

im a bit wary on us looking after needs after our first 3 picks as well. should have taken another couple of talls  a ruckman and another kpp would have done.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
Listening to Dimma  :sleep

Couldn't give a scheizen if he gets the results though.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
Listening to Dimma  :sleep

Couldn't give a scheizen if he gets the results though.

I have noticed that a coaches media personality develops when they start winning... He has a bit of substance & spine about him i reckon, so im sure he will become interesting enough in post game interviews etc.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 07:59:10 PM »
Really good interview and thanks for posting it up OE. Seems like we finally have a team working towards and outcome, thought he spoke very well, honest and to the point.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »
pretty certain Dea  was a target.just not sure weather we wanted him at pick 44.
 people i trust say we were very keen on him. in fact wasnt there an article about jackson going crook because he got u 18 games late in the season and went alright. i believe we had a player pencilled in at 44 but got wind brisbane were takeing Dea at 47 and the rest is history.

clearly martin was a target as was griffiths who trained with us. i know jackson liked tapscott a lot so did a lot of people. thing is if tapscott was there at 19 it means we were prepared to miss on griffiths.
personally i rated 3 mids in front of griffiths and both talls  carlisle and black. but i have had to admit i havent seen a lot of any of the kids this yr and my opinion is not informed.

im a bit wary on us looking after needs after our first 3 picks as well. should have taken another couple of talls  a ruckman and another kpp would have done.

claw you are right on most points, but I know for a fact that jackson would of taken griffiths ahead of tapscott if they were both available. The tiger medicos sat in on griffiths surgery, before the draft .

The player they wanted at 44 was the young kid the buldogs snared at 15, the bolter, forget his name.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:12 PM »
Responses to emails.....

* Our key forwards will be Polly, Astbury, Griffiths, Riewoldt at this stage.

Gee our opponents will be shaking in their boots over that list  ::)
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »
Responses to emails.....

at least they are young

the claw

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »
Responses to emails.....

it really doesnt matter what our opponents think at this stage. as long as they are forced to take notice in 3 yrs time.

without doubt imo we are two young kpfs short on the list.  we sure as hell could do with an experienced one of quality as well.

the claw

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 08:36:46 PM »

claw you are right on most points, but I know for a fact that jackson would of taken griffiths ahead of tapscott if they were both available. The tiger medicos sat in on griffiths surgery, before the draft .

The player they wanted at 44 was the young kid the buldogs snared at 15, the bolter, forget his name.
Sheesh i know a few people who would have been jumping if we took Griffiths over Tapscott.Including me.
As it was i wanted Bastinac at 19. Even though ive been screaming for us to take talls. i think damien wrong when he says we took best available with our first 3 picks especially with Griffiths.

The bulldogs player you mention was Howard. There was a few who were not surprised with his selection at 15. Must admit i wasnt one of them.