Author Topic: Current players have committed to join Gold Coast  (Read 13480 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Agree he wont be going anywhere. He doesn't want to go and we've invested alot and are about to see the rewards

And BTW you don't throw kids in the leadership group (Cotchin is there this year) if you think they are about to nick off  ;D
In the senior leadership group WP?

Who else is in it this year under Newy and Foley?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
I don't know about u guys but i rekon richmond has a reputation for there players being loyal .. not like some other clubs *cough* Collingwood *cough*

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Reading the guidelines, wouldnt geelong get an even lower pick for ablett? Ok he is one of the best in the game now and his salary would acknowledge that but. He has only won their best and fairest twice and he was taken at pick 40 under the father son rule.

there are factors to be typed into a program and it spits out a number that cant be bargained for this could effectively work out in GC's favour not Geelongs.
It may be the salary they are getting paid at GC17 rather than the one they are getting now.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
Reading the guidelines, wouldnt geelong get an even lower pick for ablett? Ok he is one of the best in the game now and his salary would acknowledge that but. He has only won their best and fairest twice and he was taken at pick 40 under the father son rule.

there are factors to be typed into a program and it spits out a number that cant be bargained for this could effectively work out in GC's favour not Geelongs.
It may be the salary they are getting paid at GC17 rather than the one they are getting now.

Even worse for Geelong(which is a good thing lol). I cant see GC paying him as much as Geelong do. Not for the first 2 or 3 years as they try to steal as many stars as they can.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
In the senior leadership group WP?

Who else is in it this year under Newy and Foley?

Yes the main leadsheip group (he actually mentioned it in his press conference during the week  :thumbsup)

Not sure of the entire group (it's a job for tomorrow  ;D) but know that Newman, Foley, Deledio & Cotchin are there. Think Jackson is still there but don't know about the rest.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

I reckon we have jacked off enough over this non issue.

Fact is - if he goes,he's gone and all the BS talk over the internet will change stuff all.

As it stands.IDGAF who goes to GC.
As a result of this topic,im actually quite sick of Cotchin...and he's the one who has said nothing.

who cares.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Even worse for Geelong(which is a good thing lol). I cant see GC paying him as much as Geelong do. Not for the first 2 or 3 years as they try to steal as many stars as they can.
Why else would he leave Geelong? You do know they are waving a $1.5 million dollar PER YEAR contract at him to try and get him to sign up?

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame

Why else would he leave Geelong? You do know they are waving a $1.5 million dollar PER YEAR contract at him to try and get him to sign up?

I didnt realise it was that much.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
I reckon we have jacked off enough over this non issue.

Fact is - if he goes,he's gone and all the BS talk over the internet will change eff all.

As it stands.IDGAF who goes to GC.
As a result of this topic,im actually quite sick of Cotchin...and he's the one who has said nothing.

who cares.

Lol - I put the last one in so ()()()() doesn't think I am just trying to pizz him off but eveyone can join in :rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Interesting the change in his physique in a couple of years.

Ox

the whole game/comp sucks really.

The umpiring has made it the most policed game in the world.
(so much for the "hard" element that set it apart from any international ball games)

poohouse management and a selfish,conservationist administration has put it on the endangered species list.

I hate to admit it but the game of Australian rules is a farce,not to mention the management.

Soccer or NRL ..... anyone?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:13:50 PM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

NFL is the most brutal. When you get hit you stay hit and you were protective equipment. AFL is what David Smorgon said it was in 1997. Glorified netball.

Thank you political correctness and soccer mums.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
NFL is the most brutal. When you get hit you stay hit and you were protective equipment. AFL is what David Smorgon said it was in 1997. Glorified netball.

Have to disagree there somewhat tucker.
Having played AFL, Gridiron, rugby union as well as field, roller and Ice hockey over the years. Although not at elite level in any of them close in hockey but no dice. 
Ice hockey would be the most brutal followed by Rugby then Gridiron.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yet ask an NFL player about the game Ben Graham & Sav Rocca used to play and they'll tell you they're crazy for playing how they do without wearing pads.

Ox

LMAO.

Get serious.

The game is comical.

Big men being disallowed to get within a certain distance of another in some attempt to feign an offside rule - haha.

I miss the days when taking a mark required skill AND strength.

It used to be accepted that part of the game was to  be able to mark the ball and at the same time have the strength to fend off  an opposition player.

Now we have all these ugly bogans with big physiques playing for the free and expecting them.

Deledio is a perfect example of a suck who will survive in the system without giving their all.

hate them all.

Wont be watcing this year i have decided.

LMAO @ U SAYING UR TIGERS TILL THE DAY U DIE-Death has never looked so promising.

U guys are living in an era long gone..........

IF ONLY THE PLAYERS AND THE GAME GAVE A poo.
Get on the Storm.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:19:52 PM by one-eyed »