Author Topic: Positives from tonight's game?  (Read 7166 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Positives from tonight's game?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
Edwards, 5 inside 50,s , 9 contested possesions,

As for Kelvin Mooore, plays in D50, and has one contested possession,there lies a HUGE PROBLEM

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »

As for Kelvin Mooore, plays in D50, and has one contested possession,there lies a HUGE PROBLEM

Youre on fire today Jacko, Kelvin Moore is another one whose becoming an issue. I said this last week, weve seen whatever we were going to see from Kelvin, its time to trade him on at seasons end.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

Yes Jack, great stats and thats it, please watch the replay and see where those disposals went!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight....

The positives for mine

Martin = future gun, saw his Dad after the game, massive bloke understand where young Dusty gets his strength from  :o

Tambling off the HBF actually works

Simmo resting at FF - a big target in the goal square is what we need - straightens us up

Dan Connors - probably his best game frot he RFC

Dean Polo - was very good on Goodes who's goals came in junk time

Nason - we may have found a late gem here - really like this kid

the 3rd qtr - there was a lot to like in the third. When the structures are right, the game plan works
Said it in another thread but forgot to mention something on Tambling, got caught ball watching all night last night as a backman. At throw ins, gets sucked into the contest instead of stopping his man. May need to watch the replay WP and let me know what you think then.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »

Yes Jack, great stats and thats it, please watch the replay and see where those disposals went!!!

And subtract the mistakes that directly cost us goals.  The nett result is nowhere near as attractive.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 11:17:36 AM »
Positives............... Edwards will not play another game for the RFC..... surely!!!!!

u definately are a fool, edwards has earned his spot again and has been one of our best players this yr

u definately target players and cannot see any good in the ones u hate

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 11:24:32 AM »
Positives............... Edwards will not play another game for the RFC..... surely!!!!!

u definately are a fool, edwards has earned his spot again and has been one of our best players this yr

I think you just dropped your syringe, you have just summed up how stupid you actually are in one sentence "edwards has earned his spot again and has been one of our best players this yr". Honestly I don't hate any of our players but if you think Edwards has been on of our best then surely you are on something... ;D

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Ramps

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 11:28:49 AM »

X your posting to a bloke who wants to compare Hardwicks efforts of 3 weeks with Wallaces over 5 years and wants to make a case that Wallace and Hardwick are accountable to the same levels for the skills of the players lol. Dont worry about it WA has probably been on the turps for afew anyway. ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2010, 11:36:23 AM »

X your posting to a bloke who wants to compare Hardwicks efforts of 3 weeks with Wallaces over 5 years and wants to make a case that Wallace and Hardwick are accountable to the same levels for the skills of the players lol. Dont worry about it WA has probably been on the turps for afew anyway. ;D

Yes Ramps very good get the backup you need. I am not comparing Wallce to Hardwick I am comparing levels of skill that have not improved in some players and guess what it never will.

Move on.. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

At least he gets the ball.
Also not his fault that the forwards continually lose there structure.
Thats why Simmo was put in the goal square for periods
A worry to see Morton chasing  kicks and thus we lose  structure

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2010, 11:57:37 AM »
Jack your a smart guy and entitled to have a crack but doing so make sure you're right.

You say big deal in winning the key indicators of tackling and inside 50s. Last week your biggest issue was our lack of completed tackles and small tackle count. This was addressed this week, big improvement.
2nd issue you had was the failure of getting the ball past the middle of the ground in the last quarter. We won inside 50s so issue addressed = big improvement.

As far as the game plan you believe absent. It's beyond humanly unreasonable to expect the side to click into a brand new game plan within the first 12 rounds let alone 3 and let alone a side that is unbelivanly raw and inexperienced. StKilda under Ross Lyins first year is an example and they had a vastly more experienced and quality listed players playing.

Would agree that indictors as we have discussed was an impovement last night, although kicking was a disgrace.
Game plan and the style that we are trying to achieve is extremely cloudy.
Will point this out.
Under Spud, his game plan was kept simple, and I will try and explain it simply.
When in possesion, we had 3-4 players that would be designinated targets( these players were K. Johnson, R.Hilton, G. Tivendale etc ).
These players would be required to be in the "'corridor "' at all times. All players were instructed to square up through the corridor. without being ripped into by posters on here, this was something that all players understood and tried to achieve, although in Spuds latter years, he didnt have a plan B or C and the opposition would sit on these "release players"' through the corridor. One of the many reasons we got some severe floggings in Spuds last year.
We all are aware of Wallaces game plan, but at least he had one.
His target of 16 goals a game, wanted 15 entries inside F 50 a quarter, all things being equal, he would at least have 7 shots at goal.( a quarter)
All of this was through a run and carry out of D50, with short kicks with as many players around the ball carrier as possisble.
He always referred to being like Geelong, but this was no where near the truth as Geelong DONT run and carry but rather spread and use quick transition.
Now with Hardwick, I havent any idea, but to say that the onballers have been given the option to either kick or handball from a stoppage, it cannot be both as they arent predictable to there team mates.  Eg Martin tries to kick, Cousins tries to handball, although last night he seemed to kick as first option. ::)
You knew under Wallaces game plan that we were predictable as it was always a handball first option and then a short kick.
Its seems that only thing that is predictable at the present time is the long kick to the top of the square, as was the case last night when someone kicked it to a 3 on 1 inthe goal square , when Reidwoldt goaled
We need to see some direction.
The indicators were an improvement, I agree, although the style we are trying to achieve is a real worry

I think the biggest difference is that Under Spud we had the likes of Johnson, Tivendale, Knights, Campbell.
Under Wallace we had Richardson, Brown, Bowden, Coughlan, Tuck

Hardwick we have a bunch of boys learning the game. Cotchin can't be expected to beat a Brett Kirk tag. Only Gary Ablett does that. Our run from defense can't be expected to beat Sydney when our vastly experienced and higher quality sides have failed in the past.

Hardwick is trying to build a house with nothing but a hammer and nails. It's going to look like nothing is happening for a long time. At least he's been an apprentice under some successful mansions and knows how it happens. Wallace and Frawley tried to build houses with wood, nail guns and cement but failed as they've never done it before. This is why I'm confident that the job will get done or at least the best of any other regime before it for the last 30 years.

I refuse to believe that Hardwick, Lade, Leppeitch and Campbell simply have no game plan. At worst it's a game plan the players are struggling to adapt to as anything is when new. But I'll back these coaches 100% that they know its the right one for success. You can't argue against Hardwicks defense that his game styles worked at Essendon, Port and Hawthorn that won premierships. Wallace and Spuds gameplan took us nowhere.

Give it time.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 12:22:10 PM »
I actually thought aside from a few poor disposals that Edwards was one of our best last night.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
Cotchin wsa good when he got the ball. Nason tries hard. Martin will be a very good player. Really missed Will he is a top defender. Jack a class act but can't do it alone. Brett played okay.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
Martin....Pure class and kicks like a champion on both sides of the body.
Nason...Had a few blunders early but didn't let that get him down and he kept on trucking.
Connors......This kid could be anything...he just needs some fine tuning but his work rate was much improved last night. He had a bit of fire in his eyes that I had never seen in him before. In other words I think his attitude is changing for the better and being a defender seems to really suit him at this stage of his development.
Vickery....Much improved effort in this game and showed good aggression against much bigger bodies.
Riewoldt...Needs to drastically improve his accuracy in front of goal but his work rate was excellent and moved up the ground on numerous occasions to provide a leading option.

Tigermonk

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Edwards is a DUD
end of story his a liability  ;D