Author Topic: Connors 8 weeks suspension, McGuane, Cuz, Polo cop 1 week for Sydney Hotel misbehaviour  (Read 19197 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Sydney Hotel Issue on Sat night
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 11:51:33 PM »
Seen Matty White walking while Nason sprinted passed him, :banghead
They are professional footballers, who would of had a 8.00am recovery session, lack of sleep aint good, especially when you can win a game :banghead

TigerTimeII

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »
bloody hell, how precious is everyone getting
im sure they were not the only ppl on the w/ having a drink and getting noisy
cant mates get togetehr and just have some fun

ffs, if there was no damage and they behaed who cares, oh poor ppl they were noisy

i bet if it were the sydney boys nothing would be said

let the bou=ys enjoy each others compnay and have fun ffs

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55:41 AM »
If what's reported in the Herald-Sun is all there is then storm in a teacup stuff.

It still happened though and it's not good enough. I watched them interviewing McDonald today after the Dees won and the reporter said so will you be celebrating with a few beers? McDonald said, no I am off the drink for the season.. Not our boys though, never mind trying to be a bit professional, I mean really, Roberts has already been suspended and now this. Whats going on down there??
I wouldn't be celebrating either if I was Melbourne. Just one goal to half-time and they only won because they had 4 extra players.

Look I don't believe players can now drink in season for recovery reasons but a number still do at many clubs. I'm just saying I'll wait until I hear exactly what happened before demanding a hanging offence. On what's been written so far in Herald-Sun the first thing I said to myself reading it was "Is that all!". The way everyone was carrying on I thought we had trashed the joint like some egocentric self-obsessed rockband throwing the tv out of the window and demanding Maccas delivered to their hotel room at 3am.

Melbourne won we didn't, regardless of how they won, they also pushed the Pies and really should have won that game. They are playing better than us and they are not having any trouble off field. Regardless of what our players were doing, I don't care if they were singing Christmas Carols at 3 in the morning, they should not be doing anything at 3 in the morning other than sleeping. No excuses!!
As TA said the game finished at 10.15pm. By the time they warmed down, had the coaches chat and did all their Sydney supporter group coterie obligations they wouldn't have got back to the hotel until after midnight sometime. So they stayed up a couple of hours more with an 8 day break until the next game. Win or lose some footballers still have the adrenalin pumping through their veins hours after a game so they are too awake to sleep. First interstate trip for a few guys as well I'm guessing.

Unless there's more to what has been published in the papers it really is a storm in the teacup. I guess the media get what they want if it riles up Richmond supporters. Read BF and we have supporters demanding month long bans for just being noisy and having facebook pages ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
If what's reported in the Herald-Sun is all there is then storm in a teacup stuff.

I beleive you might be wrong in this instance :banghead
I did say based on what the Herald-Sun says so far. After a night game the players mostly 18-22 y.o. were up to 3am and got a bit noisy. Call the principal  :whistle.

It'd be more serious if....
There was any property damage?
Staff or other hotel guests were abused verbally or physically?
Did they get smashed as opposed to just having a couple of beers?
:thumbsup

Shock horror, they were drinking at the hotel bar they were staying at and may have got a bit loud in the bar.

The fact they were still going 'til 3am is clearly potential curfew issue that would need to be dealt with but apart from that what is the issue??

Let's remember that these guys finished the game at 10:15ish I would guess.  Would have then had a coaches chat, a warm down etc and then transport to the hotel.  By that time it's far later and they have stopped into the bar in the hotel they are staying for a couple of drinks and by then the time could easily be 3am.  The only reason this will get any currency in the media is because they have the opportunity to mention Ben Cousins.

I'm with MT, unless there is some kind of extra aspect to this the HUN is holding back this is a storm in a teacup that can comfortably be dealt with internally and certainly without suspension.  It's not great to hear but geez, surely there are bigger things going on in the world.

:thumbsup

I'm sure Caro will have her "inside" story and Hutchy is going through the hotel's skip as we speak ::)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
More problems for Cousins and Richmond (SMH)
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 02:17:38 AM »
More problems for Cousins and Richmond
MICHAEL COWLEY
April 12, 2010

BEN COUSINS is understood to be among a group of Richmond footballers at the centre of an investigation into alleged unruly behaviour at a Sydney hotel yesterday.

Following a 55-point defeat to the Swans at the Sydney Cricket Ground - their third loss of the season - members of the last-placed Richmond team were supposedly involved in an alcohol-fuelled session at the Intercontinental Hotel about 3am on Sunday.

So raucous was their behaviour that they are believed to have woken up athletes due to compete in the World Triathlon Championship series later that morning.

Richmond officials confirmed last night the matter would be investigated. That the incident is believed to have involved Cousins will be particularly disturbing to the Tigers, given the tremendous measures they have taken to help the troubled footballer in his return from drug rehabilitation.

''The club is in the process of conducting a thorough investigation and once all the facts are established a further update will be provided,'' the Tigers said in a statement released late last night. ''The club expects to be in a position to provide the media with more detailed information by tomorrow afternoon.''

Reports of the Tigers' unruly behaviour come less than a week after high profile manager Rick Olarenshaw told a Melbourne radio station that Cousins was preparing to ''step away from the game.'' Cousins was hospitalised with stomach complaints during the off-season, however Richmond have consistently denied the incident was related to a relapse.

''I'm not one for gossip and rumours but I've been hearing murmurings for probably the last month about Ben Cousins,'' Olarenshaw said. ''And I got some things confirmed to me over the weekend, and it was talked about publicly on the airwaves yesterday, so I'm not the first one to talk about it, but I believe that Ben Cousins may have lost his way again.''.

''We know that he was in hospital … and there have been a lot of sightings of him out and about with his behaviour a little bit erratic.

''He's been out with his shirt off and this sort of thing and it's sad. It's the last thing you want to hear, because we do want to see him do well, but I think in the very near future there will be an announcement made about what he is doing playing wise. And I think he will step away from the game. That's what I'm hearing.''

A police spokesperson last night said no report of malicious damage had been filed in the vicinity of the Intercontinental Hotel around the time of the alleged incident. A hotel spokesperson said: ''I have no further information on that.''

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/more-problems-for-cousins-and-richmond-20100412-s11u.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond investigates behaviour of Ben Cousins and teammates in Sydney hotel

* Malcolm Conn
    * April 12, 2010

THE playing future of Ben Cousins at Richmond is under a cloud after confirmation that he was among a group of players on a drunken escapade at the team hotel in Sydney during the early hours of yesterday morning.

Richmond has begun investigating Cousins and a number of other players over their behaviour only hours after the Tigers' 55-point loss to the Swans at the SCG.

Richmond has informed the AFL of its investigation. Under the league's code of conduct, clubs are required to keep the AFL informed but handle discipline internally.

Witnesses have told The Australian that Cousins was part of a group "yahooing" in the Intercontinental Hotel at 3am, waking competitors from around the world who were due to take part in the opening round of the World Triathlon Championship series.

It was held in Sydney yesterday, with the men's event beginning at 7am.

Richmond will seek footage from hotel security cameras and interview hotel staff, although the hotel last night claimed no official complaints had been made.

"The club is investigating a possible incident during the early hours of Sunday morning," a Richmond spokesperson told The Australian last night.

One hotel guest who did not want to be named claimed he attempted to tell the unruly mob to shut up.

"It says a fair bit about where Richmond is at the moment," the guest said.

The Tigers have lost their opening three matches by a total of 183 points and sit firmly on the bottom of the ladder.

There have been claims that Richmond has been covering up bouts of excessive drinking by the recovering drug addict this year. Cousins was hospitalised twice in a week shortly before the start of the season with what the club claimed was a gastric problem.

At the club's official dinner before the opening round against Carlton, president Gary March denied reports Cousins has a problem with binge drinking.

March slammed the claims as "unsubstantiated rumour and innuendo" although he conceded that Cousins was "no angel" and came to the club "with baggage".

Last week, high-profile AFL player manager Ricky Olarenshaw, a former Essendon premiership player, told Melbourne radio that he heard Cousins "will step away from the game".

"We know that he was in hospital about two weeks ago and there have been a lot of sightings of him out and about with his behaviour a little bit erratic," said Olarenshaw, who also has Richmond midfielder Daniel Jackson as part of his stable.

"He's been out with his shirt off and this sort of thing and it's sad."

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale denied the claims.

"It is a well-known fact that as a part of his condition of employment, Ben is drug-tested by the AFL up to three times a week," Gale said last week.

"We get these rumours and speculation on a daily basis relating to Ben."

Cousins played the first round against Carlton, was ruled out for the second round against the Bulldogs with what the club claimed was a knee injury and returned to the side for Saturday night's game.

Cousins, 31, was thrown a lifeline by the Tigers two years ago after the Brownlow Medallist and premiership player was eventually forced out of West Coast in disgrace because of his long-running drug addition.

He is only a shadow of the player who was regularly named as an all-Australia during his time at West Coast and his career is heading in the same direction as Richmond, which threatens to become the first team to have a winless season since Fitzroy in 1964.

The Tigers meet reigning wooden-spooner Melbourne at the MCG next Sunday in what was shaping as the battle for the paddle. However the Demons claimed their first victory of the year yesterday, beating Adelaide at the MCG by 16 points a week after losing to Collingwood by a point in round two.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/richmond-investigates-behaviour-of-ben-cousins-and-teammates-in-sydney-hotel/story-e6frg7mf-1225852471135

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2010, 08:07:17 AM »
This is just what we need  ??? Thats how we will get better  :thumbsup Hit the pee until 3am  :cheers

TigerTimeII

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2010, 08:58:55 AM »
this is a nothing moment, its all a load of poo

if that was teh sydney team making noise nothing would be made of it, its just bec ben is a tiger ffs

we r getting a bit precious

Offline nahadaman

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:27 AM »
I hope your right X but they are supposed to be professional footballers aiming to get better at what they do. Why do they have to be drinking until 3am regardless of what time they finish. Its not local country footy. How about some pasta and plenty of water, a good recovery session the next day at your best, not hung over.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
I don't know, I reckon it's good. A bit of a bonding session.  :cheers

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 09:28:50 AM »
bloody marvelous news, love to know who was involved in that ???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
Im more concerned with the fact Hardwick seems not as hard as what was originally thought.

if he really wanted to turn things around he would start with zero tolerance on late night sessions.

This is the what 3rd alcohol related issue with our club this summer and we have been smashed 3 times to boot.

Not good enough a disgrace actually.

I think we should get rid of Cousins now. He hasn't really improved our situation on or off the field since he arrived, so not to sure what he is good for.

Id rather see a new kid take his place to be honest. They are our future now not him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »
Im more concerned with the fact Hardwick seems not as hard as what was originally thought.

if he really wanted to turn things around he would start with zero tolerance on late night sessions.

This is the what 3rd alcohol related issue with our club this summer and we have been smashed 3 times to boot.

Not good enough a disgrace actually.

I think we should get rid of Cousins now. He hasn't really improved our situation on or off the field since he arrived, so not to sure what he is good for.

Id rather see a new kid take his place to be honest. They are our future now not him.

Would totally agree.
Its seems they dont get the message or Hardwick isnt as hard as people think.
Really being on the drink and doing the rehab 5 hours later, aint good.
Supporters have bled for this club foir years, these guys just think its a privledge
Asfor the Cus,I love the Cous but I think it maybe a good idea to part company

TigerTimeII

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2010, 09:52:13 AM »
some ppl get so hysterical,
1/ there is no news that they were drinking , just loud so what
2/ even if they were drinking so what, maybe its just what the boys need a bit of fun tim etogether and enjoying each others company

nothing was broken, they didnt misbehave , they were just loud ffs

now this has nothing to do with bein profesional, even pros are allowed a drink or 2 every now and then

some ppl get sucked into th ebs

i hope hardwick comes out and says

we we were loud, we had a drink , i was with them, it was my idea

now everyone f off

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »
LOL - I hope they never put a few of you guys on a jury!

Guess it called fishing, throw it out there and see who bites.