Author Topic: Round 4, Freo vs Richmond  (Read 11035 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Round 4, Freo vs Richmond
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
David Mundy says Dockers won't take Richmond lightly
AAP From: Herald Sun April 20, 2010 4:20PM

FREMANTLE midfielder David Mundy is adamant the Dockers won't take struggling Richmond lightly at Subiaco Oval on Sunday.

The Tigers are winless after four rounds and sit last on the table with a miserable percentage of 50.8.

In contrast, the Dockers are flying high in fifth spot on the ladder despite a tight loss to St Kilda on Sunday.

Mundy said his team would continue playing the "Fremantle brand" of football and Richmond would be given the same respect as the Saints were afforded.

"I don't think much will change," Mundy said.

"We have our key focus areas that we try and do well in games.

"They will stay the same and it's about getting a consistent message to our players to play the way we want to play and it doesn't matter who we play.

"They've had a big turnover (in their list), a bit like us from last year and the year before.

"They'll be young and a desperate side and I'm sure they'll want to get a win under their belt.

"It's up to us ... to not let them get a win."

The Tigers are set to welcome back Ben Cousins, Dean Polo and Luke McGuane from club-imposed suspensions but skipper Chris Newman is still in some doubt after missing last week's loss to Melbourne with a hamstring complaint.

Mundy said the Dockers were satisfied with their performances over the past four rounds, when they defeated Adelaide, Essendon and Geelong before losing to the Saints.

"We came out of a pretty tough start to the year up so hopefully we can keep that momentum up," he said.

"It was definitely a focus to get a good start to the season.

"To get three wins out of those four games was encouraging."

Midfielder Rhys Palmer will come under strong consideration for selection almost a year after suffering a serious knee injury that required a full reconstruction.

The Dockers also announced today that small forward Hayden Ballantyne has signed a new two-year deal tying him to the club to the end of 2012.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/david-mundy-says-dockers-wont-take-richmond-lightly/story-e6frf9jf-1225856050316
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:49:27 AM by one-eyed »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Mundy says Dockers won't take Richmond lightly
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »
God if I hear one more team say to be wary of us going into a game against them I will...... :scream

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »
Mundy is also another player I wanted during trade period but not many did, wow he is having a great start to the season... ::)

"Rucks:

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I dont know about you WAT but my Docker supporting friends are saying "Playing Richmond is like having the bye...but you get 4 points".
Unleash the tornado

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:12:59 PM »
I dont know about you WAT but my Docker supporting friends are saying "Playing Richmond is like having the bye...but you get 4 points".

Yeah I know what you are saying, the funny thing is though, we are usually in peoples faces because we are Richmond supporters and thats what we do, we are always confident of winning and coming good. But the Dockers supporters only want to brag about their club now... typical weak arses. I am starting to dispise them more than the Eagles lot and I never thought I would say that.

"Rucks:

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
LOL since when have we been a bye for Dockers supporters?  They haven't had it that easy against us in the recent past.  Granted they look better this year...  but at least our jumpers don't look like some sort of clown outfit from medieval Florence or something.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 09:14:46 AM »
You're one up on me WAT, I've never met a Dockers supporter.   :gotigers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
Mundy is also another player I wanted during trade period but not many did, wow he is having a great start to the season... ::)

Everyone looks good in a winning side.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:24:58 AM »

And what pick would we have had to give up for that?

Similar to Seaby also?  pick 20-30 probably?

That means one of no Griffith or no Astbury.

I'm comfortable with our decision, especially since I believe Mundy was contracted and has not intention of leaving Freo.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:32:23 AM »
Preview: Fremantle v Richmond

WHO WILL WIN AND WHY?
Fremantle is off to the best start in its history and Richmond hasn't won a game. Richmond's losing streak looks set to continue though as Fremantle are in white-hot form and as long as the players aren't too worn out after playing both last year's grand finalists in consecutive weeks, they should easily account for the Tigers.

PREDICTION:
Fremantle by 96 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=92730

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »

PREDICTION:
Fremantle by 96 points.

Fair guess.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 09:40:57 AM »
we match up well with freo, dont be surprised if we perform well, not saying we will win , but u just never know

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 09:41:36 AM »

PREDICTION:
Fremantle by 96 points.

Fair guess.

ANZAC home game, bouncing back from a loss and full of confidence, it could be real ugly.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
96 points?
Ouch!

Last time I bet against us it was when Adelaide was in stunning form and smashing most teams by almost 100 points. So I put some money on for us to lose by over 59 points. We went on to win that game in the infamous "basketball crap" game, perhaps I should do the same this week.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »
God if I hear one more team say to be wary of us going into a game against them I will...... :scream

I think its a thing were if they say this we get smashed cause we were expected to beat carlton last year and we lost and every game/ season we were aspose to win we lost ... so im waiting for Collingwood to say they will smash us and we smash them fro saying that ...  :thumbsup