Author Topic: Wounded Tigers ran out of legs: Hardwick (RFC)  (Read 1788 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wounded Tigers ran out of legs: Hardwick (RFC)
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »
Wounded Tigers ran out of legs: Hardwick
richmondfc.com.au
By Chris Pike
Mon 26 April, 2010

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick took heart in his side's 39-point loss to Fremantle on Sunday despite losing Richard Tambling and Troy Taylor to injury.

Richmond started brilliantly at Subiaco Oval, kicking the first five goals in their best effort of the season, but couldn’t keep it going as Hardwick's young side ran out of legs.

Tambling hurt his hamstring to end his 100th game prematurely and second-gamer Taylor injured his medial ligament to leave the Tigers two men short.

"We just didn’t have the run in the legs. We lost a couple of soldiers along the way ... so that didn’t help our cause over the day," Hardwick said.

"(Tambling) has got a hamstring, we aren’t sure of the damage. He'll be assessed further in the week and it's disappointing for him in his 100th game. He was a solid contributor up until that point. I think it's only a slight medial (for Taylor) so we'll have to get that further assessed also."

Robin Nahas was outstanding for the Tigers with 18 possessions, seven tackles and three goals. Ben Cousins had 23 disposals and Nathan Foley was outstanding with 25 possessions.

"Nahas was terrific," Hardwick said. "The reason he went out of the side was that his defensive efforts weren’t up to scratch so he acknowledged that and went back to work on it and came back in and took a step forward.

"Cuz was serviceable and added to some possession chains for us. (Foley) was terrific. You could tell he probably needed a hit-out, but he's only going to get better because he hasn’t played footy for a long time."

Richmond now faces the daunting prospect of Geelong at Skilled Stadium next Sunday and Hardwick wants to see his young side take it up to the reigning premiers.

"That's something we look forward to and we don’t run away from the challenge, we approach it head on. It's a chance for Dustin Martin to go against a Joel Selwood to learn a few things off his game," Hardwick said.

"It is bloody daunting at the same time, don't get me wrong, but it's an exciting period for our club where we can put those players against the best in the competition."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/93030/default.aspx

Ox

Re: Wounded Tigers ran out of legs: Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:37:39 AM »
Yes,Foley was good.
I don't rate him but he surprised me with his first game back....good on him

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:06 AM »
lol damn Ox im gobsmacked.  I had to read that twice.  :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 11:12:10 AM »

hehehehe, not wrong. Really bad news about Taylor though, 10 minutes before his knee wen't I was saying to the family to watch out for him nextyear after a good pre-season and and some time in the gym.

Go the Lars, he should be back before the end of the season.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:20 PM »
one player that is starting to concern me is Trent cotchin....watching him out on the football field,he seems to be doing it hard from a physical endurance point of view.I know he had a very limited pre season ,and that accounts for it I guess....But will this preparation from trent become the norm ,or is it until his body grows into whatever its supposed to grow into(wasnt that wallets logic).The boy has undoubted skills and seems a born leader ,would hate to see his carreer curtailed or limited by injury..Both from his and ours point of view

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
one player that is starting to concern me is Trent cotchin....watching him out on the football field,he seems to be doing it hard from a physical endurance point of view.I know he had a very limited pre season ,and that accounts for it I guess....But will this preparation from trent become the norm ,or is it until his body grows into whatever its supposed to grow into(wasnt that wallets logic).The boy has undoubted skills and seems a born leader ,would hate to see his carreer curtailed or limited by injury..Both from his and ours point of view

It is a bit of a worry isn't it, even the commentators (fools) last night mentioned that he was not doing enough and looked spent. Lets hope it is because he has had a very limited pre-season/s since coming to the club. Next year should tell the story if he has an injury free pre-season.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Gigantor

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 01:23:12 PM »
WA Tiger i'm hoping that once the grounds become softer in the colder months,that trent will come into his own...fingers and toes crossed though

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »
WA Tiger i'm hoping that once the grounds become softer in the colder months,that trent will come into his own...fingers and toes crossed though

Yeah lets just hope he can raise his fitness level, if he is still the same come round 16-18 it could be a problem. You can see the kids got it, I cant wait for him to come on.

"Rucks:

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
that is a excuse!

when Richmond were 26 points up, did we run out of legs?

when Fremantle kicked nine goals in a row, did we run out of legs?

Taylor only had a couple of kicks, and Hardwick wasn't using Tambling properly in the midfield!

and we do not run hard forward and back anyway!

so what is this "ran out of legs"?

>:(

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »
If you are a crap side the one area you can improve on quickly is fitness.  This shouldn't be used as an excuse. 

Ox

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »

I'm glad to be proven stupid if it means professional performances.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Yes,Foley was good.
I don't rate him but he surprised me with his first game back....good on him

Where's my heart pilss.

I nearly had a heart attack. ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
gee would have to disagree there.In my opinion he's an absolute gun.........

Ox

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 05:50:02 PM »
able to be.
Turnovers and dishing to team mates under pressure negate his contribution but last nights effort was pretty good as far as that goes.

Gigantor

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »
granted that his disposal is his weakest link