Author Topic: List Management / Au revoir, Ciao, Goodbye. [merged]  (Read 10182 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Au revoir, Ciao, Goodbye.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 07:17:13 AM »
To state the obvious we have a shortage of quality tall defenders. Moore was good against Adelaide and was very good against Melbourne. Believe should retain Will and Moore.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
List Management
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 12:55:41 AM »
Feels like yesterday I was managing our list for delistings with Hughes, Cogs, Brown etc.

What we know so far.

Simmonds cant stay next year. Graham does a good of a job as Simmonds can do.
McMahon. Ill be kind and just leave it at that. 10000-1 to be given another contract.
Cousins. Unless he storms home I can't see any scenario Cousins staying. Maybe his mentor role will save him. Maybe other delistings will help also.
Polak I can't see be given a spot on the list, I don't know the rule for re-rookie a mature age?

Thats 4.

Are these guys AFL Standard and deserve a spot.
Jake King isn't AFL standard. Wont be back next year.
Adam Thompson. Is 23 and cant has played maybe 20 AFL games? Jury may be out.
Tom Hislop. Will probably be safe due to the fact there are lots to go before him. But still think he needs to play the 2nd half of the year in the side to warrant a spot next year. I don't think he's of standard.

Trades.
Matty White?
Chris Newman?
Luke McGuane?
Alex Rance?
Dean Polo?
Mitch Morton? (Can't believe the decline of Mitch I really hope he turns it around)

Fire Away..
Go Tigers!

the claw

Re: List Management
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »
Feels like yesterday I was managing our list for delistings with Hughes, Cogs, Brown etc.

What we know so far.

McMahon. Ill be kind and just leave it at that. 10000-1 to be given another contract.
Cousins. Unless he storms home I can't see any scenario Cousins staying. Maybe his mentor role will save him. Maybe other delistings will help also.
Polak I can't see be given a spot on the list, I don't know the rule for re-rookie a mature age?

Thats 4.

Tom Hislop. Will probably be safe due to the fact there are lots to go before him. But still think he needs to play the 2nd half of the year in the side to warrant a spot next year. I don't think he's of standard.

Trades.
Matty White?
Chris Newman?
Luke McGuane?
Alex Rance?
Dean Polo?
Mitch Morton? (Can't believe the decline of Mitch I really hope he turns it around)

Fire Away..
so simmonds is not up to it but graham who only does as well as simmonds is up to it.lets get real

we could easily delist 15 this yr alone but it wont happen. a more realistic total would be 10 at a pinch 12.
i really hope we dont do a half job or hardwick gets to close to the players that stops him making the decisions that just have to be made.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
There seems to be a thread about this every month
Can't we just bump the old one? Nothing has changed between now and then.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »
Claw Simmonds is 47 years old. Only a fool would gift a 2nd cherry contract to Troy. It was a farce he was kept this year.

Graham is at worst Simmonds 8 years younger.

Common Sense Graham plays before Simmonds and Simmonds should retire immediately.
Go Tigers!

the claw

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 01:20:38 AM »
Claw Simmonds is 47 years old. Only a fool would gift a 2nd cherry contract to Troy. It was a farce he was kept this year.

Graham is at worst Simmonds 8 years younger.

Common Sense Graham plays before Simmonds and Simmonds should retire immediately.
Did i say to keep simmonds, what i said is why would you keep someone  who is apparently as bad as simmonds is right now.and lets get it right graham is nowhere near simmonds of 8 yrs ago, and never looks like he will get anywhere near it.
age does not come into it. the only questions we need ask about graham that will determine if he stays or goes is. is he up to afl standard now?  if not will he ever be afl standard? the simple answer to those questions is  the negative.

one other question is. is he giving us more than simmonds atm thus he deserves a spot in front of simmonds for now the simple answer is yes. but sheesh imo its a marginal thing.

Tigermonk

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Popelord has this problem where he forgets what he writes & starts it all over again
A kid who loses his notes  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 11:45:03 PM »

What we know so far.

Thats 4.
Tick
Tick - yep very kind to him Popelord  ;D
Tick
Tick - lucky to have been rookied for this year so Polly is gone. His omission for the Bombers game signalled the end. Courageous as and an unbelievable achievement to make it back to play AFL but sadly the reality is AFL is unforgiving and non-sentimental. 

Are these guys AFL Standard and deserve a spot? Gawd NO!

King - VFL standard at best (hard nut, goer but poorly skilled and undisciplined). Jakey's claim to fame may end up being giving Karmicheal Hunt an introduction to VFL footy lol.

Thomson - classic Richmond dumb trade with classic dumb reasoning for picking him up (most clearances in the AFL for 5 minutes groundtime or some crap like that). Jury was in at Port that he wasn't up to it  :banghead.

Hislop - another undisciplined VFL standard footballer.

Trades.
Matty White?
Chris Newman?
Luke McGuane?
Alex Rance?
Dean Polo?
Newy will be kept.

Whitey has no trade value. I've been told he knows already he'll be lucky to survive. On last chance now. Rance, Polo and Morton would also be lucky to have minimal trade value. The choice is only keep or delist.

McGuane would be the trade bait for mine although he's signed until 2012. A Gaspar clone but with brain-fades. A excellent old-school spoiler but a liability when we gain possession in our defence and he has the ball.

Jacko is another to consider for trade.

Tuck they would trade if they could get something worthwhile in return but no one wanted to pay with any decent picks for him. Looks like he'll be kept as cannon-fodder in our midfield while our cubs develop.

Gourdis IMO will be lucky to survive.

It's not hard to come up with another 10-12 spots on our list to be turned over.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: List Management / Au revoir, Ciao, Goodbye. [merged]
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »
The Karate Kid
Cuz
Mclovin
Polak
Thomson
Hislop
Farmer
King
Tuck (gave good service but business is business)

To Trade:
Tambling (Must go)
Mcguane (Must go)
Jackson (Wont win a flag with him in our team)
Edwards (Building up currency nicely)

Time to really prunce our list and get rid of these players we have who are of the same build and play the same position.

Gordis must play this season. Dimma should dump Simmo NOW to make way for Gourdis.

We need to see if he can play and 12 games left in the season should tell us a lot.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
Gourdis can get elevated in a couple of weeks anyway

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:10 PM »
"The Karate Kid"...Daniel,thats the funniest thing I have heard in ages :ROTFL
Unleash the tornado

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2010, 03:34:11 PM »

To Trade:

Gordis must play this season. Dimma should dump Simmo NOW to make way for Gourdis.

We need to see if he can play and 12 games left in the season should tell us a lot.

Bollocks. Sat night showed just how much Jacko is needed & a Part of this team.
As for Gourdis. Seen him play at all?
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »
Yeah I can't understand why people keep calling for Jackson to be traded or de-listed, appart from being the hardest nut we have on the team he is also probably the fittest. He is IMO a very important part of the team and he should be there next year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2010, 04:04:29 PM »

To Trade:

Bollocks. Sat night showed just how much Jacko is needed & a Part of this team.
As for Gourdis. Seen him play at all?

with jackson we still would've got beaten dont worry about that. The only thing we needed to win that game were quality talls in the front half and a ruckman that is not affriad to attack the ball.

Jackson is hard at it but sadly lacks the polish. 20 metres out i expect a guy on 350k to hit a target not watch the ball sail 10 metres above his head as happens a lot with Jackson. Oddly enough he has the potential at times to smash a perfect daisy cutter but goes missing when the pressure is on. Love to see the stats of his opponents he stands next to on game day as i dont think he is a tagger at all.

As for Gourdis well i have seen him a few times but not enough as you, but what i do we cant rely on Mcguane the 450k dollar man anymore.

We need to find another defender and who knows maybe Gourdis or he may be the forward we crave. As for his form at Coburg well i dont buy that theory, because most thought Pods wasnt good enough to be selected and look at him fly now

Mclovin killed it at times last year but does that mean we should select him. NO!!. We have a need and he may fill that need, Simple as that

Having the Karate Kid on our list serves no purpose whatsoever especially at the expense of someone who we have never seen play

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2010, 03:21:30 PM »
with jackson we still would've got beaten dont worry about that. The only thing we needed to win that game were quality talls in the front half and a ruckman that is not affriad to attack the ball.

Jackson is hard at it but sadly lacks the polish. 20 metres out i expect a guy on 350k to hit a target not watch the ball sail 10 metres above his head as happens a lot with Jackson. Oddly enough he has the potential at times to smash a perfect daisy cutter but goes missing when the pressure is on. Love to see the stats of his opponents he stands next to on game day as i dont think he is a tagger at all.

As for Gourdis well i have seen him a few times but not enough as you, but what i do we cant rely on Mcguane the 450k dollar man anymore.

Didn't say we wouldv'e won with Jacko in our side, but it was obvious we missed him. Particularly his long kicks into the forward line which many tend to overlook & concentrate instead on his errors. Jacko was also our leading tackler by a country mile till he was suspended & that was despite missing a game as well. As for his ability to stop his opponents check out the stats each week. I do.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.