Author Topic: Enjoy your enforced holiday Campbell Brown  (Read 3228 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Enjoy your enforced holiday Campbell Brown
« on: May 16, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »
How was that at least not a free kick?!  ???  :banghead

I reckon Buddy might go as well for slinging Moore? into the ground a la Mumford on Ablett style.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Enjoy your enforced holiday Campbell Brown
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:44:51 PM »
That bump was fair and square MT

Well within the rules of the game. The ball was there to be won anb both players went for it but Browny did it better, simple as that

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Well within the rules of the game. The ball was there to be won anb both players went for it but Browny did it better, simple as that

and hit him high, which is reportable. Not much different to Lloyds on Sewell. Wonder if Campbell will call himself a gutless sniper.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
Having watched the replay, I'm not sure he'll get cited. I know he got him high and it should have been a free kick, but the ball was loose and the contact was made pretty much exactly where the ball was.

Now I'm going to shower and scrub myself with steel wool for having agreed with daniel161

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »

and hit him high, which is reportable. Not much different to Lloyds on Sewell. Wonder if Campbell will call himself a gutless sniper.

Browny was low to the ground, Lloyd was not. There is a difference there.

He is a little effwit that idiot but IMO it was fair.

Edit: the c-word won't be tolerated
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:24:16 PM by one-eyed »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 08:27:57 PM »
Under the new rules the onus is on the bumper to avoid the head. If you get it wrong you're in trouble. In any case I was more ticked off no free kick was paid. Same goes with Nason being collected high yet no free.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
The head is sacrasanct as Andy D has said. Same with Jacko later in the quarter. Yet umpire 28 gave nothing. Under the rules a free should have been paid on both counts to us. Yet Franklin under the rules is suspended for striking Cuz last year. All hits to the head. The AFL has faaaa the rules. The umpires have no idea in those situations. Yet no free is given and two blokes could go up to the MRP later in the week. No consistency. Stupidity by the umps and confusion to the rules cost us two shots at goal and a potential win. We may have missed both and lost by a point but the fact remains we got no frees on both incidents in the last when the rules said we should have. :banghead

On a side note Brown was then running to the ump saying blood had been drawn on his lips after the incident.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:03 PM »

Fair and square bumps are being cited left right and centre these days daniel

Personally I reckon it will be looked at an based on others that have been gone up this year I reckon he might in trouble. He coped Jackon head high front on - not allowed these days

Absolutely should have been a free kick. We missed out on 2 head high ones in the final qtr Jackson and the Tambling one. Worst thing about both was the umpire had a perfect view and their arms just flapped  :banghead

And can I add that I think Jackson maybe in a bit of strife for his "headbutt" pay back as well
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »
Ch 10 news was highlighting something Rance did. Does anyone what that was about?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 08:55:23 PM »
the contest between brown and jackson was what I love about football, if that gets taken out of the game the game will be poorer

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2010, 08:59:27 PM »
Ch 10 news was highlighting something Rance did. Does anyone what that was about?

he whacked hodge down the pons stand end

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »

On a side note Brown was then running to the ump saying blood had been drawn on his lips after the incident.

Yeah, didn't he look like a little schoolkid when he did that.  Big man!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »

he whacked hodge down the pons stand end

He got suckered in by Hodge - hook, line and sinker.  I was watching them at CHF when they came out for the start of the 3rd quarter - Hodge was into Rance and Rance was giving it back to him.  Ball came our way, Polak marked (or free, can't remember) inside 50 and Rance got caught retaliating to Hodge way off the ball.  Kick reversed, they goaled.  Potential 12 point turnaround - big moment in the game when you look at the final score.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Hardwick said it was class that cost us but in the main it was stupidity.  That Rance thing for example, and Mcguane generally.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hawk Brown unconcerned at 'fair' bump on Jackson (Age)
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2010, 05:23:16 AM »
Hawk Brown unconcerned at 'fair' bump on Jackson
SAMANTHA LANE
May 17, 2010

CAMPBELL Brown has defended as ''fair'' his high, front-on contact with Richmond's Daniel Jackson in yesterday's tense final term at the MCG.

The Hawthorn hard man copped a bleeding nose in the incident that flattened the Tiger on-baller.

Brown also denied he had been headbutted by Jackson as he left the field after the clash, which drew no response from umpire Damien Sully but is certain to be one of several incidents from Hawthorn's three-point win that is assessed by the AFL's match review panel today.

Jackson was trying to pick up the ball at half-forward, when he was hit head-on by Brown. The Tiger grabbed his head as he lay on the turf before remonstrating with Brown as he left the field. Brown appeared to draw the attention of an official to Jackson's contact with him, but the Hawk downplayed that exchange last night.

''No, I don't think I was headbutted,'' Brown said in the change rooms after his 150th game. ''It was a bit of by-play. He gave away a free kick, I was kind of baiting him a little bit for staying down a little bit too long, and it was just a bit of fun, it happens in footy, it was good. He played very well today.''

Of his collision with Jackson during play, Brown said: ''The ball was there and so I thought I'd go hard at it. It happens sometimes in footy.

''The umpire called play on and it felt fair, so I'm not too worried.''

Brown had an unlikely supporter in Tiger coach Damien Hardwick who, while admitting he would have preferred it if the Tigers had won a free kick, said the Jackson-Brown contest was ''one of those contests you love to see in AFL footy''.

''I just thought it was two guys [going] head first into the ball. They're both terrific ball players,'' Hardwick said.

In a match played with noticeable feeling, Hawk Stephen Gilham might also be scrutinised for his high contact with Richmond second-gamer Jeromey Webberley early in the second term. Webberley had his jaw checked by club doctors after coming from the field.

The AFL also has a second hair-pulling incident from round eight to assess after Hawk skipper Sam Mitchell appeared to tug on the blond dreadlocks of Ben Nason.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/hawk-brown-unconcerned-at-fair-bump-on-jackson-20100516-v6br.html