Author Topic: Fluke?  (Read 644 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Fluke?
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:17:26 PM »
Was the game against Hawthorn cause my farther (collingwood fan) and my brother (north Melbourne fan) kept saying Blah blah This is such ugly football blah .. and the coach of the Hawks seemed to say we (the hawks) were crap.. SO was teh tigers at the right place at the right time to ALMOST win ?? and hawthorn just had a bad day? 

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Fluke?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:55:36 PM »
We shall see soon enough, I think it was a good game.  There were some great passages of play, desperate pressure from both sides and Jacks marks were worth the price of admission alone.  Oh and White selling the Dummy to dance round Brown at 100km per hour and slot a goal was brilliant stuff too.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
Re: Fluke?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 11:04:16 PM »
tackling and pressure was up, we won the clearances agains men like sewell and mitchell, inside 50's we won as well.

i dont think there is such a thing as flukes in AFL these days. We faced a hawk team that probably isnt use to having its full team in but none the less they were all there and should have beaten us comfortably.

though Hawthorn have a pretty constant structure in place and i think most teams have worked out how to beat it. Essendon however have this kamikazi style that we in particular seem to struggle with. I still cannot for the life of me how people rate that side. does matty knights really think he can win a premiership with that side and that game plan?? beside the point, i think we will all be much more informed after this weekend. not for the first time this year im expecting a big loss, so who knows.
Detka! Detka! Detka!