Author Topic: AFL record 142 tackles  (Read 4755 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
AFL record 142 tackles
« on: May 30, 2010, 05:16:57 AM »
We smashed the previously record of 118 tackles in a single game. 142 in total  :thumbsup

In individual order:

Tuck        14
Graham    14
Collins     12
Edwards   11
Nahas      10
White        8
Cousins     8
King          7
Riewoldt    7
Nason        7
Newman     6
Tambling    6
Deledio      5
Webberley  5
Martin        4
Astbury      4
McGuane    4
Cotchin      3
Polak         3
Moore        2
Griffiths     1
Farmer       1

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AFL record 142 tackles
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 06:53:10 AM »
Well there you go for those wondering what the game plan is

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:12 AM »
will terry wallte pls stand up so we can all tackle him 142 times, the leathery skank

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
will terry wallte pls stand up so we can all tackle him 142 times, the leathery skank

:lol

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »
Everyone under Nahas uder that list needs to lift if we are going to keep that kind of pressure up. 
Saying that  :bow to the tiges and from what i have heard and seen they played a full game which is great to see. Especially Graham, virtually everyone on the list has been bagged to some degree at differant times this season, what an extrodinary game from the big guy.  The conditions really didnt suit a ruckman but he lifted no end.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 12:06:59 PM »
Everyone under Nahas uder that list needs to lift if we are going to keep that kind of pressure up.
So the new tackles benchmark is 10 tackles per game per player?
Looks like that 140 tackles a match record is under pressure already then

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
Saying that  :bow to the tiges and from what i have heard and seen they played a full game which is great to see. Especially Graham, virtually everyone on the list has been bagged to some degree at differant times this season, what an extrodinary game from the big guy.  The conditions really didnt suit a ruckman but he lifted no end.

14 tackles from a ruckman is outstanding. It has to be an AFL record in itself?

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 12:40:28 PM »

Id like to say yes Ifamy but realistically you cant expect Graham for example to get 10 plus tackes every game.  It just needs to be a more even spread i think.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
A fantastic effort from all 21 players.  :thumbsup :clapping :clapping :clapping

....... Farmer once again proves that he isn't up to it. For a small you think he would relish those conditions but he proves to be a gross disappointment again. 1 tackle is just not good enough IMO.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »
A fantastic effort from all 21 players.  :thumbsup :clapping :clapping :clapping

....... Farmer once again proves that he isn't up to it. For a small you think he would relish those conditions but he proves to be a gross disappointment again. 1 tackle is just not good enough IMO.

Played well yesterday Mr T, can't knock him on that effort.  Needs to do it consistently and then improve with experience - get those 2 things happening and he is a chance to make it.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:14 PM »
tackling isn't the only measure.  farmer was actually very good yesterday.  won alot of contested ball

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
The tackle count, hard ball gets and clearances were very good, The team showed what can be done if everyone puts in a committed effort.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 05:16:43 PM »

Id like to say yes Ifamy but realistically you cant expect Graham for example to get 10 plus tackes every game.  It just needs to be a more even spread i think.
You're expecting an average of 220 tackles per game when the record is currently 143, which is over 20 more than the previous record
Don't be ridiculous, that's a tackle about every 20 seconds of game time (without time on)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
In a game like that in those conditions that's a great result.

I would like to see the same sort of intensity against a top 4 side in the Saints on Friday night.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »

You're expecting an average of 220 tackles per game when the record is currently 143, which is over 20 more than the previous record
Don't be ridiculous, that's a tackle about every 20 seconds of game time (without time on)

Maybe its the rugby background im not sure but your calling me ridiculous without getting the jist of my post is typical of this forum. I said yes with tounge in cheek. Then said that others needed to lift for others to drop off. You cant expect players like Graham to get over 10 tackles everyweek. 
The list from Lids down and especially Griffiths (who i know played oly his first 1/2 a game) Moore and Farmer who play in the backline need to lift their tackle count. I am excited about it all the same but would like it to be a more even spread.