Author Topic: AFL record 142 tackles  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: AFL record 142 tackles
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
Everyone under Nahas uder that list needs to lift if we are going to keep that kind of pressure up.
So the new tackles benchmark is 10 tackles per game per player?
Looks like that 140 tackles a match record is under pressure already then

Id like to say yes Ifamy but realistically you cant expect Graham for example to get 10 plus tackes every game.  It just needs to be a more even spread i think.
You're expecting an average of 220 tackles per game when the record is currently 143, which is over 20 more than the previous record
Don't be ridiculous, that's a tackle about every 20 seconds of game time (without time on)

Maybe its the rugby background im not sure but your calling me ridiculous without getting the jist of my post is typical of this forum. I said yes with tounge in cheek. Then said that others needed to lift for others to drop off. You cant expect players like Graham to get over 10 tackles everyweek. 
The list from Lids down and especially Griffiths (who i know played oly his first 1/2 a game) Moore and Farmer who play in the backline need to lift their tackle count. I am excited about it all the same but would like it to be a more even spread. 
How on earth am I meant to know the tone of your post, it's text on a screen?
I understand expecting more tackling pressure, but to suggest tackling like that in a dry game is impossible. If you were tackling that much it basically means you didn't have the ball.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:44 PM »
A fantastic effort from all 21 players.  :thumbsup :clapping :clapping :clapping

....... Farmer once again proves that he isn't up to it. For a small you think he would relish those conditions but he proves to be a gross disappointment again. 1 tackle is just not good enough IMO.

Was easilt in the best 6-8 yesterday, best game I've seen young Mitch play. His attack on the contest, puttin ghis body on the line was outstanding
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 08:41:03 PM »
A fantastic effort from all 21 players.  :thumbsup :clapping :clapping :clapping

....... Farmer once again proves that he isn't up to it. For a small you think he would relish those conditions but he proves to be a gross disappointment again. 1 tackle is just not good enough IMO.

Was easilt in the best 6-8 yesterday, best game I've seen young Mitch play. His attack on the contest, puttin ghis body on the line was outstanding
Just finished watching the game again on the AFL website and Farmer was definitely one of our best. Checked the stats afterwards and couldn't believe he only had 18 disposals, he seemed to have a lot more. Perhaps they were more genuine disposals compared to a lot of the soccers off the ground other had. Not sure what people expect from someone in their 11th game of football and in terrible condistions but I thought he was great.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 10:27:14 PM »
... Farmer once again proves that he isn't up to it. For a small you think he would relish those conditions but he proves to be a gross disappointment again. 1 tackle is just not good enough IMO.

Proof you didn't watch the game right there.

Check out the replay and then come back and acknowledge you are wrong.
EAT EM ALIVE!

the claw

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 11:25:59 PM »
hmm didnt port have 116 tackles i think that might have been a record as well. dont suppose the conditions turned the game into a slug fest.

ffs why cant we keep things in perspective.

if we layed 142 tackles in the dry it would probably mean a 20 goal hiding and we chased tail all day.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
hmm didnt port have 116 tackles i think that might have been a record as well.

It wasn't

Because we won you tosser

the claw

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
hmm didnt port have 116 tackles i think that might have been a record as well.

It wasn't

Because we won you tosser

1 sheesh it must have been close.

2 lol so we won big deal. no need to carry on like a namby pamby sooky sooky la la  brat.
its typical we win and all perspective goes out the window stuff me im surrounded by fools.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 12:04:56 AM »
ok ok I ADMIT Mitch had his best game but I still think he isn't good enough at the moment.
Reasons why is because he is already 21 and he was recruited for his skill, pace, defensive skills and he was supposed to be a rebounding defender.
Skills - average.
defensive pressure - average
pace - ?????
I have more excitement in what I seen of Griffiths in a half than what Farmer has dished out this year so far IMO.
I remember some getting excited about Hislop in his first few games as well but now all are calling for him to be traded.
If we allow mediocre players like this continue to get games we wont progress into a premiership team ever.
I realise that some of you dont like my opinion about Farmer, but I call it as I see it and I think i haven't seen anything from his games that leads me to believe he is any good. Just an average small VFL player at best IMO.
The club that keeps giving.

Ox

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:56 AM »
farmer is like the wacko love child of Dean Kemp and Clinton King.
FHO!