Author Topic: Changes next week for the Collingwood game?  (Read 7122 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes next week for the Collingwood game?
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
Fire away ....  :-\

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes next week for the Collingwood game?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 06:58:17 PM »
Out: Vickery, Tambling, McGuane (won't happen but would be my change), Cotchin (susp)
In: Browne, Nason, Gourdis, Polo

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
what a terrible peformance today, even worse that it was raining non stop :banghead
anyway.....

OUT: Tambling, Nahas, Cotchin (susp)
IN: Gourids, Roberts, Taylor

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:26:33 PM »
what a terrible peformance today, even worse that it was raining non stop :banghead
anyway.....

OUT: Tambling, Nahas, Cotchin (susp)
IN: Gourids, Roberts, Taylor

I think the Barunga bucketars is back in NT for a while?

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »
Out: Vickery, Tambling, McGuane (won't happen but would be my change), Cotchin (susp)
In: Browne, Nason, Gourdis, Polo

yep good call jake. Gourdis and Browne must play out the season, Nason is an automatic inclusion.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »
Can you drop 12-14 blokes in one hit

Terrible today  ;D

Outs: What Jake said

Ins: What Jake said

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »
This is my 22 that I want playing out the year:

B:  Newman  Thursfield   Farmer
HB: Deledio    Moore     Connors
C:  Cousins     Jackson  Edwards
HF: Nason       Post       White
F:  Morton     Riewoldt   Collins

R: Graham     Cotchin     Martin

Int: Browne  Astbury   King   Tuck

I'd like to remove King out of the side and maybe rotate a Gourdis or Hicks depending on match ups.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

I'd like to remove King out of the side and maybe rotate a Gourdis or Hicks depending on match ups.

And would you play Post why exactly? To reward him for his stunning efforts (read LACK OF EFFORT) running around for Coburg? And you'll reward Gourdis for relatively consistent efforts all year with a possible rotation of a game or two

That's a great message to send

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 09:37:41 PM »

And would you play Post why exactly? To reward him for his stunning efforts (read LACK OF EFFORT) running around for Coburg? And you'll reward Gourdis for relatively consistent efforts all year with a possible rotation of a game or two

That's a great message to send

To be honest I havent watched Coburg for some weeks so I cant comment in depth but I think we have all noticed the 3 v 1 Riewoldt has copped for the last 2 weeks. Not having Griffiths there as tall timber is really costing us. The next tall forward in line is Post, I'd like to keep Astbury down back.

Gourdis should have played today ahead of McGuane. However I dont like having more than 2 tall defenders who are "spoilers" in Moore and Thursfield. I think what we are missing is a big bodied stopper that can run off half back (Harry O, Bock, Mackie, Fisher type) Ther are only so many stoppers and spoilers you can have in the side otherwise the ball is never rebounded.

Daniel Connors also needs a right foot...
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »
To be honest I havent watched Coburg for some weeks so I cant comment in depth but I think we have all noticed the 3 v 1 Riewoldt has copped for the last 2 weeks. Not having Griffiths there as tall timber is really costing us. The next tall forward in line is Post, I'd like to keep Astbury down back.

Gourdis should have played today ahead of McGuane. However I dont like having more than 2 tall defenders who are "spoilers" in Moore and Thursfield. I think what we are missing is a big bodied stopper that can run off half back (Harry O, Bock, Mackie, Fisher type) Ther are only so many stoppers and spoilers you can have in the side otherwise the ball is never rebounded.

Fair points Pope but to be honest with you and based on form right at the moment, I'd give Polak a run in the seniors before Post. I appreciate that Polly probably isn't in the long term plans but he he is clearly doing the right things that are being asked of him.

I cannot see it being in anyway fair to reward Post with AFL game when seems to constantly refuse to work hard (eg the 1%ers, the chasing etc) playing for Coburg

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 09:56:24 PM »

Fair points Pope but to be honest with you and based on form right at the moment, I'd give Polak a run in the seniors before Post. I appreciate that Polly probably isn't in the long term plans but he he is clearly doing the right things that are being asked of him.

I cannot see it being in anyway fair to reward Post with AFL game when seems to constantly refuse to work hard (eg the 1%ers, the chasing etc) playing for Coburg

If he's going that bad thats probably more disappointing than the loss today. Didn't he kicked 5 and get best on a while ago?

I'd love to see Polak back but I think the club stuffed up dropping him for Simmonds goodbye party and it's been impossible to get back into the side with back to back best ons while the club was performing well and then a head clash. With 5 games to go I dont think Polly has enough time to save his career so is pointless playing him. Im really disappointed in this I've always rated Polak.

I have Morton in the side too who from what Ive seen doesn't deserve a spot even less than Post but today we looked really 1 dimensional with Jack or nothing up forward and Nahas I don't think is the answer. Morton could be and should be managed correctly to make him play to his ability.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010, 10:38:43 PM »
Out: Tambling, Nahas, Cotchin (susp.)
In: Browne, Nason, Morton

Having both Cotch (potentially) and Jacko suspended really exposes our lack of depth  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
I agree we need another target up forward other than Jack but I believe the game plan we are currently using demands the ball user to put it to the top of the square regardless of the forward there. So I wonder, with players such as Astbury/Polak/Post etc sharing the forwardline, will it make a difference with leading forwards seemingly out of fashion at Tigerland presently.

My changes would be -

Outs - Cotchin and Tambling

Ins - Nason and Polo

I think regardless we will struggle to keep the lose to Collingwood under 50 points.  :'(

Stripes

Offline Siberian

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 11:29:31 PM »
out thursfield mcguane vickery cotchin tambling
in  rance gourdis morton nason browne

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
I would like to see Post come in too, as I think Jack is shouldering too much of the load as a key forward. However, I think it may be academic as I heard he was reported against Willy anyway. I hope Cotchin gets off too, but if not my changes are:

OUT: Tambling (sick to absolute sobs of this bloke)-Cotchin-Vickery-McGuane-Nahas
IN: Nason-Rance-Browne-Gourdis-Polo

Rance as a bash and crash ruck rover to compensate for Jacko's loss, and Polo as a stronger crumbing forward than Nahas who I think the Pies would obliterate.