Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year - 35. Matthew White?  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Rate a Tiger's year - 35. Matthew White?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
I gave him a 7 hopefully the consistency comes next year, I agree with Jackstars comments on Whitey
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

tony_montana

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »
Been his best season to date, I can recall off the top of my head about 5 or 6 games where he had an impact/influence on the game with his ability to stay strong in the contest and use his breakaway pace. Needs to keep improving

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
White had a reasonably good season. Certainly his best. Was important at times and really became the number one hit up man for Lids coming out of defense. Used his pace well to get out wide and mark those kicks coming out of D50.
 Currently in our best 22 IMO
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »
Agree that he showed improvement under Hardwick in second half of the year. Keep him on another year if he does not continue to improve delist him. Agree his pace and ability to keep his feet are definitely good qualities. Agree his disposal is not flash at times. Wish he could take more contested marks. Agree that when the side plays well he does. Agree that he is dependant on the ball winners having a good game.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Has good pace but a cameo footballer in the scheme of things.
5/10 for me & trade if possible.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »
At the start of the season everyone on every Richmond website said he was gone.

Those supporters who supported Whitey even had their doubts.

But once he got back in the side he has showed us all that his hard work is starting to pay off.

Whitey's marking, contested footy, holding his feet, hard tackling, accurate delivery into the forward 50, his quick hands, his body strength and his decision making have all improved markedly (and needed to) and are complimenting the main reason the Tigers drafted him.......pace and determination.

That goal he kicked in round 22 when he chased the contested footy, bumped off the oppo player, gathered the footy and then belted the ball through the goal from the 50m line, right on the boundary line, shows us what he can do.....and will continue to do over the rest of his career as a Tiger.

In my mind Whitey is a required player at Tigerland and he will reward all Tiger fans over the coming years with some really good football in an increasingly successful Richmond Football Team....which we all want to see.....AGAIN. :gotigers

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
At the start of the season everyone on every Richmond website said he was gone.

Those supporters who supported Whitey even had their doubts.

But once he got back in the side he has showed us all that his hard work is starting to pay off.

Whitey's marking, contested footy, holding his feet, hard tackling, accurate delivery into the forward 50, his quick hands, his body strength and his decision making have all improved markedly (and needed to) and are complimenting the main reason the Tigers drafted him.......pace and determination.

That goal he kicked in round 22 when he chased the contested footy, bumped off the oppo player, gathered the footy and then belted the ball through the goal from the 50m line, right on the boundary line, shows us what he can do.....and will continue to do over the rest of his career as a Tiger.

In my mind Whitey is a required player at Tigerland and he will reward all Tiger fans over the coming years with some really good football in an increasingly successful Richmond Football Team....which we all want to see.....AGAIN. :gotigers

You must be M.Whites brother or a related family member, lol
Your not his Mum are you ???

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 08:09:50 PM »
whitey improved a heap in 2010, what did he kick, 30 odd goals...certainly made his mark and had a few people talking about his inclusion in the side rather than exclusion, people might be suprised just how highly rated he is in wider footy circles, believe you me
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
whitey improved a heap in 2010, what did he kick, 30 odd goals...certainly made his mark and had a few people talking about his inclusion in the side rather than exclusion, people might be suprised just how highly rated he is in wider footy circles, believe you me

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »

well he probably only played a dozen games or so ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 10:19:06 PM »

16 actually and averages 11 touches pg.
How highly rated do you think he is with numbers like that?

IMO Whitey is an honest footsoldier who follows the gameplan well but he's a pretty ordinary footballer.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »

16 actually and averages 11 touches pg.
How highly rated do you think he is with numbers like that?

IMO Whitey is an honest footsoldier who follows the gameplan well but he's a pretty ordinary footballer.
Correct

gerkin greg

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »
The wingnut appears to have stopped running himself into trouble as much and stopped trying to take on 3 tacklers every time he gets the ball ala Andrew Raines, but still doesn't get enough of the pill and struggles to put four quarters together. Has his tricks but also has his limitations such as awareness and disposal, depth player, good clubman, should improve further under Hardwick but can't seeing him ever being top ten in the B&F. 6/10

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »
Should be looking to move him on as we can do better.