Author Topic: Off season sightings (The STALKER thread)  (Read 2018 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Off season sightings (The STALKER thread)
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
Walkng my morning lap of the tan heard the all to familiar encouragement as a pod of joggers approached from the rear.
As is sometimes the case with this species, they like to run together in a line. So as they pass on my right, the one closest doesn't take to much of a berth and I feel the whisk as he glides past, I think to myself what a hero.
As they continue I see the Richmond singlet and then the neck tatts, well Eff me it is my hero!
There was only three and the others were casual, so presumed they must of been trainers/mates whatever.
Anyways this was close to the end toward the Anderson Hill climb and to my astonishment as they turn around the other 2 characters are Cotch and Lids. Now I don't get excited too easily but was rather taken aback at appoaching these guys just facing me. I have my work pass on my Richmond lanyard (No the pass was in my pocket, but the lanyard around my neck!). So they would have noticed and were just sort of looking at me as they were counting down for the next run thorugh.
I had to chuck in a 'Thought you guys would be having a rest' as I walked past, got the obligatory 'Yeah you'd think so! from lids' and the others just grinned (yes Martin too :gobdrop). Said good to see and continued on the merry way.

Anyway was just really good to see the boys doing that bit extra so soon after their season has finished, makes me just that little bit more confident that this group has got that intestinal fortitude and hunger to acheive what the Tiger Army has been craving for so long.

End note: They were obvioulsy on their own time as lids and cotch were in plain clothes, just Fn awesome to see Martin not worried about displaying the Tiger colours in this situation. :clapping And man first time seen him up close, he is fn tank dude.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Off season sightings (The STALKER thread)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:46:28 AM »
Hutchy's got this thread bookmarked.

FNM

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:54 AM »
Well, I'm feeling warm and fuzzy for 2011.
Good reporting CUB  :thumbsup

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »

i bet u r lol

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
My farther was presidant of spiringvale a few years ago nad he was the one who had to get  Hardwick to play football becuase he was in a bit of struggle at that time and didnt want to play footy  (dont ask cause i dont know) so think about it my dad is the reason he played and his coaching at this time.

My dad said he will try and a get a launch with him soon and let me come with him.  :thumbsup

FNM

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:07 PM »

i bet u r lol

;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »
Walkng my morning lap of the tan heard the all to familiar encouragement as a pod of joggers approached from the rear.
As is sometimes the case with this species, they like to run together in a line. So as they pass on my right, the one closest doesn't take to much of a berth and I feel the whisk as he glides past, I think to myself what a hero.
As they continue I see the Richmond singlet and then the neck tatts, well Eff me it is my hero!
There was only three and the others were casual, so presumed they must of been trainers/mates whatever.
Anyways this was close to the end toward the Anderson Hill climb and to my astonishment as they turn around the other 2 characters are Cotch and Lids. Now I don't get excited too easily but was rather taken aback at appoaching these guys just facing me. I have my work pass on my Richmond lanyard (No the pass was in my pocket, but the lanyard around my neck!). So they would have noticed and were just sort of looking at me as they were counting down for the next run thorugh.
I had to chuck in a 'Thought you guys would be having a rest' as I walked past, got the obligatory 'Yeah you'd think so! from lids' and the others just grinned (yes Martin too :gobdrop). Said good to see and continued on the merry way.

Anyway was just really good to see the boys doing that bit extra so soon after their season has finished, makes me just that little bit more confident that this group has got that intestinal fortitude and hunger to acheive what the Tiger Army has been craving for so long.

End note: They were obvioulsy on their own time as lids and cotch were in plain clothes, just Fn awesome to see Martin not worried about displaying the Tiger colours in this situation. :clapping And man first time seen him up close, he is fn tank dude.
am running the tan in the moring, will let you know

jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »
Just got back, no sightings

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »

Thanks Hutchy.   :shh

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 02:02:54 PM »

What time did you pull Jack ?
Unleash the tornado

jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 09:18:12 PM »

What time did you pull Jack ?

Struggled, 18 mins 40 secs.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »

jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 11:15:08 PM »
3.895 kilometres exactly.
I start half way up Anderson street hill and finish with the run up the hill

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »
On Thursday I went to The Tiger Den and did see Martin coming out of the rooms to his car. Does look bigger in the chest/shoulder area. I think he might of finished a weight session.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »
Unleash the tornado