Author Topic: PHANTOM DRAFT 2010  (Read 17966 times)

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
Re: PHANTOM DRAFT 2010
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »
I will take tha cats.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
[Updated - Oct 25]

Adelaide - torch
Brisbane - Ramps
Carlton - wayne
Coll'wood -
Essendon - WilliamPowell
Fremantle - sabartooth
Geelong - Tigermad20011
Gold Coast - Bentleigh
Hawthorn - Mr Magic
Melbourne - mightytiges
North Melb - tiga
Port Adel - Infamy
Richmond - Popelord
St Kilda - wayne
Sydney - smokey
West Coast - elliot
W.Bulldogs -  Danog

Just 1 spot to fill - Collingwood.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

I'll take them too

I am sure I can assist them just like I plan to help the bumbling Bombers  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »
Finalised teams

Adelaide - torch
Brisbane - Ramps
Carlton - wayne
Coll'wood - WilliamPowell
Essendon - WilliamPowell
Fremantle - sabartooth
Geelong - Tigermad20011
Gold Coast - Bentleigh
Hawthorn - Mr Magic
Melbourne - mightytiges
North Melb - tiga
Port Adel - Infamy
Richmond - Popelord
St Kilda - wayne
Sydney - smokey
West Coast - elliot
W.Bulldogs -  Danog

I'll post the first round of the draft order later on and we can get started  :thumbsup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 09:51:46 PM »

I'll take them too

I am sure I can assist them just like I plan to help the bumbling Bombers  ;D
It won't be too much of a stretch WP to fill the Bombers with duds. They've done a good job of that themselves lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2010, 09:58:45 PM »
We'll have to take a short break after the 1st round til the teams decide if they want to use their compo picks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2010, 10:30:03 PM »
We'll have to take a short break after the 1st round til the teams decide if they want to use their compo picks.
Nov 5 that's decided.

Friday November 5, 2pm - Nomination of use of compensatory selection by clubs that lose an uncontracted player to Gold Coast FC.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 04:36:32 AM »
Okay we are ready to go with Bents first up as recruiter for the Suns :thumbsup.

I've posted the following also in the opening post of this thread for easy reference as we go along.

Posters and their clubs

Adelaide - torch
Brisbane - Ramps
Carlton - wayne
Coll'wood - WilliamPowell
Essendon - WilliamPowell
Fremantle - sabartooth
Geelong - Tigermad20011
Gold Coast - Bentleigh
Hawthorn - Mr Magic
Melbourne - mightytiges
North Melb - tiga
Port Adel - Infamy
Richmond - Popelord
St Kilda - wayne
Sydney - smokey
West Coast - elliot
W.Bulldogs -  Danog

Draft Order

Round 1

1. Gold Coast             (BENTLEIGH)
2. Gold Coast             (BENTLEIGH)
3. Gold Coast             (BENTLEIGH)
4. West Coast             (ELLIOT)
5. Brisbane                  (RAMPS)
6. Richmond               (POPELORD)
7. Gold Coast             (BENTLEIGH)
8. Essendon                   (WP)
9. Gold Coast             (BENTLEIGH)
10. Gold Coast           (BENTLEIGH)
11. Gold Coast           (BENTLEIGH)
12. Melbourne                (MT)
13. Gold Coast           (BENTLEIGH)
14. Adelaide               (TORCH)
15. Geelong               (TIGERMAD20011)
16. Port Adelaide        (INFAMY)
17. North Melbourne      (TIGA)
18. Carlton                 (WAYNE)
19. Hawthorn            (MR MAGIC)
20. Fremantle           (SABARTOOTH)
21. Sydney                 (SMOKEY)
22. Western Bulldogs    (DANOG)
23. Geelong              (TIGERMAD20011)
24. St Kilda                 (WAYNE)
25. Brisbane                (RAMPS)

Priority Pick

26. West Coast            (ELLIOT)

///////////////////////////// Compensation & Later round picks (Yet to be determined) ////////////////////

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »
RTG

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
1. Swallow
2. Day
3. Bennell

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2010, 02:08:50 PM »
1. Swallow
2. Day
3. Bennell

Any information/links on each Bents just to make it a little more interesting???

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
AFL expansion club Gold Coast has recruited David Swallow, the brother of North Melbourne best and fairest winner Andrew Swallow.

More than 12 months ahead of the 2010 draft, Gold Coast has swooped on the West Australian teenager, a hard-running halfback/midfielder who was best and fairest at the AFL's Under-18 championships. Swallow will join the Coast next month and play in the VFL next year.

Coach Guy McKenna said the Gold Coast's guaranteed draft picks next year presented unique circumstances which allowed them to make an offer for Swallow to move a year early.

“David will be able to join our program and have the benefits of an extra 12 months conditioning and playing with his new team before we enter the AFL in 2011,” McKenna said.

“I am lucky to have two years to get ready for my AFL coaching debut and I think David and his family have also recognised the benefits he will receive by entering our program a year early.

“Ultimately it was David's decision.”

Swallow, among a growing number of WA juniors recruited by the Coast, is not one of the eligible 17-year-olds they can recruit for 2010, as his birthday sits outside the six-month window granted to the club.

McKenna ruled out repeating the unusual move with any other 2010 draft candidates.

“Thanks to the West Australian talent pathway he has followed and the work he has done with East Fremantle this year he is well and truly ready to begin his journey to AFL,” he said.

“We are excited to have such a unique opportunity to develop him into a first-class AFL player.”

AAP October 21, 2009 12:00AM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/gold-coast-snaps-up-david-swallow/story-e6frg7mf-1225789349568

RICHMOND'S mid-year resurgence and the stuttering of several non-Victorian clubs poses the question of whether the controversy of tanking will come into play before the end of the season.

For obvious reasons, the AFL does not believe tanking exists. Never has, because to accept its existence would be tantamount to saying the competition is corrupt.

But it is wrong to treat it as a dead issue because of the Gold Coast's favourable draft concessions this year.

Poor-performing clubs have no access to a priority selection before the start of this year's national draft as they have in the past, including the blatant efforts of Melbourne last year to get Tom Scully and Carlton in 2007 with Matthew Kreuzer. Melbourne's draw with Collingwood on Monday eliminated it from a priority selection this year as it was the only club in line for help due to successive years of failure. The threshold requirement for a priority pick in that fashion is to finish with 16 points (four wins) or less for two years running. The Demons have 18 premiership points.

Gold Coast receives selections 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15, and the first choice in subsequent rounds. At this stage, before the AFL finalises compensation for losing out-of-contract players to the 17th licence, this season's worst performed clubs will be vying for picks 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12.

Lowly clubs seeking to get better next season will be trying to secure the draft's fourth best player.

Until just over a fortnight ago, it was considered a formality that pick No 4 was the winless Richmond's for the taking.

But with two wins in the past three rounds, and the dismal form of West Coast, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and Brisbane, the wooden spoon now appears wide open.

Where the wooden spoon was once considered an embarrassment, there is no shame any more because it does guarantee the best available live pick in the draft.

In this year's national draft, the difference in quality between picks four and six is "massive" according to a recruiting manager of a Victorian-based club yesterday.

He said the four teenage standouts were West Australians Harley Bennell and David Swallow, who has signed with the Gold Coast, South Australian Sam Day and Victorian Andrew Gaff.

The recruiting manager described Bennell, from WAFL's Peel Thunder and who is set to be snapped up by the Gold Coast, as a "freak show".

"He's (North Melbourne's) Daniel Wells, but better," he said. "Bennell is so good that he could play for Geelong now and play well. He's predominantly a midfielder, but he could play full-forward, ruck and take the kick-ins, and do all positions justice."

At the moment, the bottom club's first two selections are 4 and 27 as the premier's first pick is No 26, followed by the Gold Coast (27) to start the second round.

The wooden spoon is most likely to go to either Richmond, Adelaide or West Coast. The Tigers are on two wins, and the Crows and the Eagles are on three, and trail 13th-placed Melbourne by six points.

First-year Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has no previous track record. We might get a feel for his intentions when he plays Neil Craig's Crows in round 18. West Coast hosts Adelaide in round 15. Craig made his position clear during the is-he-or-isn't-he Tyson Edwards' retirement saga - he's a team player.

The Crows coach revealed his initial decision not to guarantee Edwards a farewell game was based on his principle that selection must be earned at Adelaide.

"I had to make a (later) decision that was best for the club rather than my selection principles that I uphold," he said. "It is a decision on what is best for the Adelaide Football Club."

With John Worsfold's position on a knife's edge at West Coast, any "experimenting" with "list management" - the AFL's description of tanking - might not be in his interest. He said yesterday the Eagles would not run last.

Whatever, sometimes to win in the AFL, you need to lose.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/race-to-wooden-spoon-is-wide-open/story-e6frg7t6-1225880122858

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
Lazy
Although you did always get your opinions from someone else

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »
Alright coksmoker.

Infamy can do gold coast. I'll take port

Offline elliot

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »
West Coast Pick #4

Jared Polec – West Woodville Torrens / 188cm / 77kg

Exciting player who has plenty of pace and x-factor, Can play inside and out and is very damaging with his disposal. Showed impressive form at SANFL level and is very much underrated on when it comes to the internets. Polec will love the open spaces of subiaco where he can reek havok with his run and carry. A very agile player who has an elite sidestep which he uses to get out of trouble. He needs to develop his right side more (not that it's terrible anyway) but I'm sure those kinks will be ironed out when moving into a full time AFL environment.