Author Topic: All other trade talk  (Read 11768 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
All other trade talk
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
Father/Son

Mitch Wallis to the Dogs for #22 (Port offered #16)
Tom Liberatore to the Dogs for #40 (Sydney offered #39)
Not sure if we're allowed to chat about the trades done in here, but this will make it very tough for the Dogs to trade for any players now
They are going to have to trade some talent away if they intend to get anyone and they won't have any decent picks to bundle a less than quality player with to get their man

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: All other trade talk
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »

Not sure if we're allowed to chat about the trades done in here, but this will make it very tough for the Dogs to trade for any players now
They are going to have to trade some talent away if they intend to get anyone and they won't have any decent picks to bundle a less than quality player with to get their man

Personally prefer this thread to be kept for only confirmed trades. Makes it easier to keep a quick check of progress.

Plenty of other threads (and presume there will be specific ones about a certain trade) to voice opinions. 

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »
Instead of using the official trades thread at the top of the page for discussion, why don't we keep it all together in here and not clutter up the other thread.

Wallis and Liberatore are Dogs for pick #22 and pick #40.

I've been listening to Hutchy and Wallace on the AFL site (not as bad as it sounds), Wallace has said a few interesting things:

• 18 months ago Ben McKinley was in his lounge room, we wanted him but baulked at the length of the contract he wanted.
  • He just explained what happened with the McMahon trade. He takes full responsibility for McMahon BTW. Morton wanted out at the Eagles and we had him lined up in the PSD. The Dogs wanted to trade McMahon for salary cap relief and we'd made a deal with them. An RFC official (didn't name him) apparently made a deal with the Eagles with Wallace having no knowledge of it. Pick 35 to the Eagles for Morton 'to keep things sweet if the Judd deal collapsed'. That meant we had to use 19 on McMahon. It was meant to go #2 Cotchin, #18 Rance, #19 S. Selwood, #35 McMahon, PSD #1 Morton
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 03:54:02 PM by wayne »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
Instead of using the official trades thread at the top of the page for discussion, why don't we keep it all together in here and not clutter up the other thread.

I've been listening to Hutchy and Wallace on the AFL site (not as bad as it sounds), Wallace has said a few interesting things:

• 18 months ago Ben McKinley was in his lounge room, we wanted him but baulked at the length of the contract he wanted.
  • He just explained what happened with the McMahon trade. He takes full responsibility for McMahon BTW. Morton wanted out at the Eagles and we had him lined up in the PSD. The Dogs wanted to trade McMahon for salary cap relief and we'd made a deal with them. An RFC official (didn't name him) apparently made a deal with the Eagles with Wallace having no knowledge of it. Pick 35 to the Eagles for Morton 'to keep things sweet if the Judd deal collapsed'. That meant we had to use 19 on McMahon. It was meant to go #2 Cotchin, #18 Rance, #19 S. Selwood, #35 McMahon, PSD #1 Morton

So why wouldn't we offer Western a Pick in the 50's or 60's? Stupid!

:banghead

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »
eff i hate Wallace
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 02:44:47 PM by one-eyed »

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »

We'd already made an agreement with the Dogs.

I'm just guessing, but i'd say that the RFC official was Miller.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
Dogs' first pick is now 57. So they need to trade some players with decent trade value out if they want to be involved in trade week.

The clubs mass-meeting is breaking up now so hopefully we get some news soon. First day of trade week is usually very dull.

Hutchy reckons Mackie will be put on the trade table.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »

We'd already made an agreement with the Dogs.

I'm just guessing, but i'd say that the RFC official was Miller.
Yep it was Miller. In any case even if it Jordie was picked up for pick 35 it is still a stupid trade. Jordie was playing VFL at Werribee and we as a lcub that had just finished with the wooden spoon were willing to give up a good pick for him instead of using our picks on youth. The recruiting philosophy as had been the problem at Richmond for years was all wrong. Too much short-term thinking and making it up as we go along year to year rather than a genuine long-term strategy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 03:26:24 PM »
Dogs very keen on Vezspremi

Gold Coast most likely to get Brennan for pick 15. Carlton can't match that.

Also GC to trade krakouer for a pick in the late 20s.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 03:26:43 PM »
The clubs mass-meeting is breaking up now so hopefully we get some news soon. First day of trade week is usually very dull.

Not much happening yet.

Hawks interested in Hale.

Vezsepremi is leaning towards the Dogs. (Agree MT, not sure how they're going to get trades done with pick 57. Everitt and the Harbrow pick might have to be used)

Collingwood and Dockers dealing together for the Tarrant swap.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 03:48:12 PM »
Adelaide and Richmond still meeting. Ricky Nixon is also in with them.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »
Everitt and Vezspremi looks like it'll be a straight swap.

Just heard Barrett mention that the Roos want Pick 12 and pick 32 for Hale and Pick 17  :o

That's one valuable VFL player!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:42:02 PM by wayne »

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »
Cats keen on Tambling apparently.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 04:26:58 PM »

Pick 23 mentioned.
Could see a bidding war with Adel and Geel. :cheers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »

Pick 23 mentioned.
Could see a bidding war with Adel and Geel. :cheers

C'mon Adelaide, raise the Cats pick 14, then let's see if the Cats will come back with a straight swap for Selwood.  :rollin