Author Topic: Tigers take on Indigenous All-Stars Friday Feb 4 in Alice Springs - CANCELLED  (Read 21191 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: RFC announcement from NT / Tigers take on Indigenous All-Stars Feb 5
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:32:15 PM »
Essendon seem to be burning bridges and upsetting apple carts at a rate of knots lol  I think its got something to do with the institute perhaps.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
This isn't new, it mentioned in an article a couple of weeks ago.

They play an allstars game every two years. Essendon played a couple, Carlton one and I think either port or footscray , perhaps both?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 04:35:47 PM »
This will be great exposure for the club regardless. After a fot deprived summer, most of the AFL world will be keen to any football televised live. Will be a nice hot out for the quad too against some quality opposition.  Should slightly assist with sponsors too  :pray Just need to avoid injuries on the rock hard ground of course  :-X

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:30 PM »
Just need to avoid injuries on the rock hard ground of course  :-X

Middle of wet season stripes

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »
mail is that Relton Roberts will be running the boundary :lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 03:11:37 AM »
Selling pies

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 04:31:29 AM »
God job Tiges, Tambling won't play I wouldn't think, Craig won't risk him, he won't be ready IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »
God job Tiges, Tambling won't play I wouldn't think, Craig won't risk him, he won't be ready IMO.

Oh he will be playing  ;)

Actually I have to say it's nice to be playing this game but I can't help but admit that I was a bit let down by the announcement.... wasn't a BIG type of announcement I was wanting to hear
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 08:34:11 AM »
Felt exactly the same WP, particularly as it wasn't anything new.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 08:42:52 AM »
Selling pies
One for you
One for me
One for you
One for me

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »
Selling pies

Eating pies  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers embrace Indigenous All-Stars challenge (NT News)
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 05:08:03 AM »
Tigers embrace Indigenous All-Stars challenge
GREY MORRIS   |  November 13th, 2010

RICHMOND chief executive Brendon Gale last night said bringing his Tigers to Darwin for next year's biennial Indigenous All-Stars game was the easiest task he had been given in football.

As revealed in the NT News in June this year, Richmond will be the All-Stars' opponents for the seventh game of its kind since 1983.

The Tigers are back for their first match in the Top End since 1999 when they played an NTFL representative side.

"We're very active with our indigenous base as a lot of clubs are," Gale said. "In fact we're a couple of months away from completing our Institute of Indigenous Learning and Skill Development program, which will be based at Punt Road.

"It's something that has the support of the Federal Government and it's something Richmond footy club is very passionate about.

"It's about building skills training and job placement for young indigenous Australians. We've got a young emerging list that's keen to grow and learn, so the AFL came to us and said here's an opportunity, would you be interested?

"It was one of the easiest decisions I've had to make in footy. We jumped at it."

Gale has watched the All-Stars game develop into a major event since the matches resumed in 2003 .

"As a showcase of skills and talent it's terrific and we're glad to be part of it," he said. "We've got a strong national footprint and it's important we get out and showcase our team and our young players."

In a twist, discarded Tiger Richard Tambling is likely to line up against his former club as part of the All-Stars team.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/11/13/193801_ntsport.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 04:07:12 PM »
Sounds like Richmond's community camp will be held in Darwin early next year at the same time we go up there to play the All-stars. We may also get some additional cash to boot from the AFL at the expense of Hawthorn.

Matthews, a pivotal player in the creation of the competition's 17th and 18th teams, confirmed he had moved to withdraw the community camp funding, although he denied the AFL was punishing the Hawks for gazumping North Melbourne. ''They got an email on this,'' he said. ''I simply asked the question, 'Do you need it or not because we could use the money better, given you seem to have done a pretty good deal with the Tasmanian Government'.

''They felt the timing of it was unfortunate, but we have restructured the funding of other community camps. Richmond are playing the Indigenous All Stars in Darwin, with the support coming from the Northern Territory Government, and GWS will base their community camp in Canberra now they have a long-term agreement with the ACT Government.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-denies-financial-retribution-on-hawks-20101120-181xr.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Indigenous All Stars - LIVE on ABC1 TV
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:35:50 AM »
The game is going to be shown live on ABC1  :thumbsup

NTAFL: Indigenous All Stars Vs Richmond Tigers

Australian Rules football gets prime time coverage for the first time on ABC1 when the Indigenous Allstars tackle the Richmond Tigers live* from Darwin.

This unique cultural and sporting event pitches the nation’s best Indigenous Australian rules footballers up against AFL team, the Richmond Tigers, under lights at Darwin’s Marara Oval.

ABC TV’s coverage will include commentary by ABC Grandstand’s Charlie King and Gerard Whateley, with special analysis from former Indigenous AFL stars Michael Long and Michael McLean.

The Indigenous Allstars will be captained by Sydney Swans co-captain Adam Goodes, while his former team-mate, Michael O’Loughlin, will coach the Indigenous side. The Allstars team will include the prodigious Indigenous talent of high-profile AFL players Cyril Rioli, Buddy Franklin and Liam Jarrah.

The half-time break will include a special report on the involvement of AFL players and coaches in health and education programs and the positive effects sport is having on remote Indigenous communities.

The Indigenous Allstars vs Richmond Tigers game compliments ABC TV’s coverage of the Tiwi Island Grand Final played in March each year and provides another opportunity for a national audience to see the best Indigenous sporting talent.

It airs Live at 8:30pm AEDT Saturday, 5 February 2011.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/01/airdate-three-boys-dreaming-indigenous-allstars-v-richmond.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rioli to inspire Tigers (NT News)
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
Rioli to inspire Tigers
NT News
JESS WEBSTER   |  January 15th, 2011

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick would like nothing more than to win in Territory legend Tiger Maurice Rioli's hometown against the Indigenous All-Stars.

The Tigers may be missing several stars for the February 5 clash, but Hardwick said that would not detract from the tough task at hand.

"Every now and then an event like that has to happen for you to realise how good a player someone was," he said. "I remember watching Maurice as a young boy in the early '80s and he was an absolute star and to show some of our players the vision, you don't realise how good he actually was.

"(Rioli's passing) was a big thing for our footy club, he was obviously an outstanding player and one that will be remembered.

"We want to do well for the Rioli clan. There is a fair contingent of Richmond fans up there, so hopefully we can put up a good performance and get more fans on board."

Star Tiger and Coleman medallist Jack Riewoldt, Brett Deledio and Trent Cotchin were rated a "slim chance" of playing in the biennial exhibition match while Nathan Foley has been ruled out. But Alice Springs product Troy Taylor is expected to play in his home state after impressing coaching staff with his commitment at training.

"As much as we would love to get all our stars out there to show the NT crowd, it's really hard from a preparation point of view to get those guys up and going at such an early stage of our pre-season," Hardwick said.

"(But) Troy is a very good chance of playing, he is very excited about the game and he will fire up for it.

Hopefully he can show the people of NT what he can do."

Tigers' top draft picks Reece Conca and Jake Batchelor will play, gaining valuable experience against a star-studded line-up.

"Every now and then you might get to play against an Adam Goodes but to have a whole side together, it's a formidable outfit and hopefully one we can contain," Hardwick said.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/01/15/206921_ntsport.html