Author Topic: Tigers take on Indigenous All-Stars Friday Feb 4 in Alice Springs - CANCELLED  (Read 21168 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers take on Indigenous All-Stars Friday Feb 4 in Alice Springs
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
Ok, so the game is on this Friday.

I assume that these guys won't be playing if they are appearing at Regional Family Days on Saturday.

Geelong:
Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Angus Graham, Bachar Houli, Ben Griffiths

Ballarat:
Trent Cotchin, Daniel Jackson, Jayden Post, Mitch Farmer, Shaun Grigg, Luke McGuane

Hobart:
Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hislop, Robbie Hicks, Brad Helbig

B: Moore, Thursfield, Gourdis
HB: Batchelor, Astbury, Connors
C: Conca, Contin, Edwards
HF: McDonald, Miller, Nason
F: Taylor, Vickery, King
R: Browne, Martin, Tuck
Int: Derickx, Rance, Dea, Morton
I think we can have 8 on the bench.

Are Newy and the following playing?
Newy, Nahas, White, O'Reilly, Webberley, Jakobi, Grimes, Westhoff
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

That was a quick stab at a team. I read somewhere that we're taking 30 players to Alice Springs.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »

That was a quick stab at a team. I read somewhere that we're taking 30 players to Alice Springs.
No probs wayne  :). The main thing is whoever plays we walk away from the game with no injuries.

Going by what Dimma said, Rance and Gourdis are under the pump this year and are playing for their careers. 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: RFC announcement from NT / Tigers take on Indigenous All-Stars Feb 5
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2011, 04:45:49 AM »
God job Tiges, Tambling won't play I wouldn't think, Craig won't risk him, he won't be ready IMO.

Oh he will be playing  ;)

Actually I have to say it's nice to be playing this game but I can't help but admit that I was a bit let down by the announcement.... wasn't a BIG type of announcement I was wanting to hear

Didn't notice him in the lineup WP, but I may be going blind..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2011, 06:54:14 AM »

That's because he aint playing and seeing he has just joined in full training at Adelaide I'm not surprised

At the time of my original post I didn't know he was in rehab coming off surgery
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers-All-Stars clash in doubt (Sportal)
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
Tigers-All-Stars clash in doubt
02/02/2011 4:40 PM
Gregor Mactaggart
Sportal

Cyclone Yasi may rain on the parade of Friday night's Indigenous All-Stars v Richmond AFL exhibition clash in Alice Springs.

Event organisers are keeping a close eye on the Category 5 cyclone which is expected to cross the North Queensland coast around 10pm on Wednesday night.

AFL Foundation chief executive Jason Mifsud said they were getting third party advice on the likelihood of heavy rain from Cyclone Yasi would affect Central Australia.

Full article here:
http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/tigers-all-stars-clash-in-doubt-110279

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
Just read on Twitter a tweet by Robbo of the HUN that he is up in Alice with Tigers

He said:

"Robbo_heraldsun Mark Robinson

Back from indig community near Alice with tigers Moore dusty and Edwards.. Dusty fighting fit and blown away by first comm visit. Story sat"

****Not sure how you reference twitter links  :wallywink
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
God job Tiges, Tambling won't play I wouldn't think, Craig won't risk him, he won't be ready IMO.

Actually I have to say it's nice to be playing this game but I can't help but admit that I was a bit let down by the announcement.... wasn't a BIG type of announcement I was wanting to hear

Not surprised. Even when he was named for Richmond, many didn't notice him on the field.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »

Not surprised. Even when he was named for Richmond, many didn't notice him on the field.
JON's playing isn't he? We might have a chance lol.

ABC have been advertising the game tonight even if they are telling everyone to watch it mainly to see Goodes captain the AllStars.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »

That's because he aint playing and seeing he has just joined in full training at Adelaide I'm not surprised

At the time of my original post I didn't know he was in rehab coming off surgery

Well he was injured all year with us, thats what I meant when I said Craig won't risk him, he won't be ready!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

Read in the paper that the forecast is for storms so the AFL may yet cancel the game.... :banghead

JON's playing isn't he? We might have a chance lol.

ABC have been advertising the game tonight even if they are telling everyone to watch it mainly to see Goodes captain the AllStars.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »
The game may have to be moved again this time to Sydney according to Greg Denham. The AFL will make a decision today apparently  :-\

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cyclone puts Tigers in spin (RFC)
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
Cyclone puts Tigers in spin
richmondfc.com.au
By Nat Edwards
12:22 PM Thu 03 Feb, 2011

THE AFL is expected to make a decision by lunchtime on Thursday whether Friday night's clash between Richmond and the All-Stars will go ahead at Traeger Park in Alice Springs.

The game had already been relocated from Darwin due to heavy rain and the weather is threatening again, with Cyclone Yasi, which devastated areas in far north Queensland in the early hours of Thursday, is expected to bring strong winds and heavy rainfall to Alice Springs over the next few days.

The AFL is investigating alternatives including yet another change in venue.

The Indigenous All-Stars have cancelled their flights into Alice Springs and are awaiting word from the AFL, while the Tigers, who are due to fly out on Friday, have put their plans on hold.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said player safety was paramount but both sides are still keen for the match to go ahead in some manner.

"From our point of view we're still really keen to play," Hardwick said from Punt Road Oval on Thursday morning.

"I know the Indigenous squad are as well so hopefully some solution will come forward.

"They're expecting 100km winds, lightning strikes, so a severe weather warning has come out for Friday night.

"I think during the game they're expecting the cyclone or storm to roll through, which is disappointing.

"It got moved from Darwin to Alice and we're just hoping we can get some kind of game going."

The Tigers plan to field a very youthful and inexperienced squad against a line-up of speedy and talented indigenous players and Hardwick hoped some of his youngsters players would take this opportunity to prove their worth for round-one selection.

"[We'll] play the bottom end of our list to give them some experience. The majority of our list [for the All-Stars game] has played under 10 games, so it's a really good opportunity for them to prepare like an AFL game," Hardwick said.

"They might not get the opportunity this year to play [senior football] but we'd like to give them this opportunity to see how they handle [themselves]."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/107272/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2011, 03:21:13 PM »
AFL release says the game has been brought forward to 5.30pm.

I assume that's local time so that will be 7.00pm EST in Melbourne.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »
The tv coverage will now be on delay though  :-\

AFL twitter:
Indigenous All-Stars v Richmond moved forward to 5.30pm Alice Springs time. Still broadcast on ABC1 at 8.30pm nationally.

AFL and NT Govt reviewed forecast and decided match would proceed, but start should come fwd so it finishes early evening.